1,495 results
All reviews chiang mai at home the hustle and bustle beautiful place tuk tuk thai food a wonderful stay each evening thank you so much rice fields tucked away hidden gem secret garden end of the day the bus pai's cooking pool table
Reviewed 30 August 2016

If you are looking for a relaxing spot where the staff is so hospitable, friendly and accommodating, this is the place for you. Pei and Peter are a joy and so kind. We loved our room, the authentic Thai cuisines Pei whipped up for us, the whimsical and comforting grounds and the transportation option made available to us.

I would definitely come for another visit if given the opportunity. Highly recommended!!! Thanks so much for being a part of making my vacation to Thailand a very special one.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Irlande G
secretpit, Owner at Secret Garden Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Hi Irlande,

We're are very happy we were able to be a part of your trip to Thailand and leave you with some good memories to take back home with you. I got your other message via tripadvisor, did you receive the recipes? Do let me know, so I can send them to you again. Not sure if you are all still traveling or if you're home already, but I hope the rest of your trip was beautiful. If you have any questions about the recipes, or want to know if you can substitute some of the ingredients, feel free to send me an email anytime, will be happy to hear from you :) September is a very quiet month for us unfortunately, but we're hoping to pick things up in October. Thanks for choosing to stay at the Secret Garden. I hope you all enjoyed it here, and wish you all the very best!

A big thank you from all of us

Reviewed 27 July 2016

We (2 couples) stayed here in October, 2015. It's a wonderful place to stay just outside of Chiang Mai. We felt like we had our own Shangri La with beautiful gardens, pool, BBQ area. Peter, Pi, Isabel took great care of us. We had daily, tasty breakfasts and could choose to have dinner there. Peter and Isabel picked us up at the train station, delivered us to the airport and took us to the local "bus-taxi" pick up spot when we wanted to go into the city center. We felt like locals taking public transport. It was easy and inexpensive.
When we reserved private tours, The companies picked us up at Secret Garden. Pi helped us pick private excursion. Her recommendation was valued.
Isabel was a great communicator before our stay, answering all my questions.
We greatly appreciated all they did for us.

Room Tip: You're able to look at a site map and photos to pick a room you like.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
secretpit, Owner at Secret Garden Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

Hi Debbie,

What a review! It's been a little under a year since you were here, thanks for thinking of us months later and writing such a wonderful review. I am glad I could be of help prior to our arrival here, that is what I'm here for. The local taxi or "songtaews" are very convenient, and as you mentioned also very inexpensive. It's a great way to meet locals, and an experience in itself. But as you will know, we are also able to hire vans/cars for the day for people who'd like to do tours, or just have someone drive them around for the day. We reopen for the new season tomorrow, and are lucky enough to have two bookings on our first day. Although we have a considerably lower number of bookings for this August compared to the last years, we are trying to stay positive, and hoping that things pick up this year for us. We will be on social networks more, so you can follow us on there too if you like! Thanks for choosing to stay with us, means a lot.
Wishing you all a blessed year!

Reviewed 29 May 2016

We travelled here as a family (two small kids) with my mum. This place is great, lots of space, nice rooms, excellent owners (Hosts). Dinner and breakfast were special, real home cooked thai food.

They organised drivers and trips for us. Even though this place is out of town (if you are looking for active night life don't come here) it is great and the owners helped us to easily get around.

If you are looking for a nice place to unwind and relax I can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

Hi Geoff,

Hope you are all doing well. Thanks for the review, they are all very special and important to us, and I can't tell you how much we appreciate it. You are right, for guests looking for a crazy/active night scene, it is probably better and more convenient to stay in town. We wil hopefully have a new website up and running soon, and are excited to share it with everyone once it's up and running. Hoping the new website will bring us more bookings, so we are staying positive and hoping for the best. We are always working to become better and improve, hopefully future guests will enjoy their stay as much as you did.

A big thank you from all of us here for choosing to stay with us,

Secret garden

Reviewed 6 May 2016

My wife and I were heading to Chiang Mai for the first leg of our trip to Thailand, when we were lucky enough to spot the Secret Garden on Expedia. It was one of the best places we stayed out of our entire two weeks. The owner and his family were very welcoming and happy to answer any questions we had and gave us great advise on what we should spend our limited time in Chiang Mai on.

The property is very private, and beautiful, and it was nice to come back to the tranquil setting after a busy day out. Also, don't miss Pai's cooking! We had some of our favorite dinners from the whole trip there.

All in all a great experience, and perfect introduction to the country. We'll definitely return there the next time we're in Thailand. Thanks for everything Peter, Pai, and Isabel we really enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in Mandalay and loved it
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Adam,

What a lovely review! First of all, I need to apologise for my late reply - - I didn't realise I had unreplied reviews until now, and usually reply to them soon after they've been posted. We really appreciate the time all of you take out of your day to write a review for us, and definitely don't take your thoughtfulness and kindness for granted. Thank you thank you and thank you again! We are happy you had a good stay with us, and that we were able to kick start your trip in Thailand with good vibes. We are about to open for our new season tomorrow, and are excited to have our first guests arrive tomorrow as well. The weather has been lovely here too, despite it being monsoon season. We wish you a beautiful rest of the year, and look forward to having you in our garden again in the future.

Cheers

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

The Secret Garden is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the lovely people and landscape of northern Thailand. The accommodations, the food, the garden setting were all wonderful! It was our favorite stay in Thailand. I hated to leave and hope some day we lcan return for an extended stay.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Hi Dawn!

Your favourite stay in Thailand, now that's something we love to hear! And what a title too, wish you could have stayed longer too! But perhaps we will be lucky enough to see you here in our Secret garden again, it would be an absolute pleasure. We got back to Chiang Mai about a week ago, and have been busy setting everything up for tomorrow. The garden looks so lush at the moment, with all the rain we've had in the last two months. We will be posting pictures on our facebook soon, so that all of you can see! Thanks a lot for your review, you know how much we appreciate all the support and kindness.

Hope to see you soon again,

Isabel, Peter, Pai