Gougane Barra Hotel
Orbitz.com
US$177
US$171
US$188
Coachmans Townhouse Hotel(Kenmare)(Great Value!)
US$153
Casey's Hotel(Glengarriff)
US$127
US$152
US$106
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
Riverside Park Hotel(Macroom)(Great Value!)
US$93
Hotels.com
US$313
US$287
All reviewsthe ownerdining roomnational parkbeautiful lakegreat foodwest corkfishbeautiful hotelhidden gemvagabond tourattention to detailday tripwonderful placevery special placestayed longerhis wifesteak
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had one of the most peaceful stays at Gougane Barra Hotel this month. Greeted by the lovely owners Neil and Katy ( I do hope im right with that one) I was left heart broken leaving the place. Its great place to come and relax like me. Its a place to find yourself in. The food is to die for and the staff were extremely pleasant like they were handpicked espically for the place. Especially the lovely girl called Rachel who went above and beyond to make sure I was cared for and the blonde girl at reception (who's name I just cannot remember) who had a contagious smile. This is a place for mediation and really taking time out of your busy life to go back to basics. If I could move in,I happily would

Room Tip: Leave your Gadgets at home! Great place if you dont want to be found
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank re05062014d
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed for a night with our tour and we were greeted like family by the owner I believe Neil.. they did have a strange collection of dolls at the entrance but other than that the place is cute and cozy. The rooms are a bit smaller but decorated very well. TV is very outdated but who needs TV when there are such beautiful trails! The food was great and we got good suggestions for drinks :) again we were always well cared for and the owner was informative of the surroundings. Breakfast was one of the best so far.
A good find in a secluded area to relax.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel opened for the season 11 April so on 14 April, I brought my Dad there for lunch while we were having a spin in the area. It was a magnificent sunny day and the lake looked amazing. We try to get to Gougane Barra at least once every year. It's a very special place that no visitor to Ireland should miss. The cod was in the lightest tempura batter that I have ever eaten and was perfectly cooked with large firm flakes of cod just falling out of the batter as you cut through. It was absolutely fresh - likely still swimming in Bantry that morning. It was also very well priced. We went to the cafe next door (owned by the same family) and had wonderful rhubarb & strawberry and apple pie for dessert - cooked by the owner that day. They also have lovely branded coffee. We had great chats with the proprietors - Neil in the hotel and Breda in the cafe. I have stayed in the hotel before and enjoyed evenings in the lovely quaint bar with a great selection of whiskies.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here one night to check out if we should book the hotel for our wedding in September as we are getting married at the church. However, the rooms are worn out and out dated with mis-matched furnishings. The gentleman manager seemed to just give us bluff answers about the facilities available in the hotel. I say hotel, it really should be called a B&B and I'm amazed how it managed to get atleast 1 star. The food is great though! However we booked a hotel in Kilarney instead.

Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We got married in Gougane Barra last July, 2013, in the midst of the heat wave :-) Katy and Neil were amazing hosts, they couldn't do enough for us, while being relaxed and putting us at ease about everything. We stayed three nights along with our family and friends. They were also great for recommendations for music, make up etc..We got great feedback from our family and guests..The food is amazing too...I would have no doubts in highly recommending Gougane Barra hotel, and the surrounds with the lake, mountains and forest park would be hard to beat..Looking forward to going back for our anniversary!..
Laura & Ian, Waterford