“SkyHigh Mount”

SkyHigh Mount Dandenong
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Get some Perspective & Escape the noise and pressures of the concrete jungle. Less than one hour from the Melbourne CBD you can be SkyHigh – on the uppermost reach of the Dandenong Ranges, amid cool fern glades and lush towering native forest, looking at the big picture, from the Mornington Peninsula across the majestic sweep of Port Phillip Bay, surrounded by Melbourne’s growing urban fringes, to the You Yangs on the southern horizon. After sunset the southern sky, brilliant in the clear mountain night, is imitated by a spectacular carpet of glittering city lights. Highlights include:- Viewing platforms with stunning views that sweep across the Mornington Peninsula and Port Phillip Bay , to the You Yangs on the Southern horizon The picturesque ‘secret garden’ – ideal for wedding ceremonies and private functions SkyHigh garden maze constructed from native flora. Contemporary café and family bistro open for Breakfast & Lunch (Breakfast only available on Weekends) Chic Restaurant available for Dinner A world-class function centre – a wonderful spot for corporate functions, family celebrations or wedding receptions and Xmas parties. English garden and forest walks Open 7 days a week including public holidays Gates open Monday to Friday 9am-10pm Gates open Weekends 8am-10pm Gate fee of $5 per car apply
Munich, Germany
“SkyHigh Mount”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have taken groups of people (12) to the Sky High restaurant several times for lunch and have always had great food, a great welcome and great service. We work with carers who are caring for a person with a acquired brain disorder and we want their respite getaway to be a great experience with great food and that is what we always get at the Sky High restaurant.
In winter the huge open fire is welcoming and warming and we will continue to take our groups there.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

From the first point of contact by telephone to make a luncheon reservation with this restaurant, I was impressed. I found Kelly to be both professional and obliging and in a conversation a few days later, found Graham an absolute delight to deal with.....friendly, courteous, professional and efficient. I was looking forward to our family dining experience with our son who has both a physical and slight intellectual impairment. Upon arrival (Sunday the 13th of July) at 12.30pm we were greeted promptly, welcomed warmly and shown to our beautifully positioned and presented window table in the Upper Function Room. The panoramic view was spectacular and immediately we were made to feel special. As a result we felt beautifully relaxed as well. We were given the name of our waitress 'Lauren' and very impressively, she was with us in under a minute of being seated and we were served a complimentary glass of wine. First impressions....great! She was just lovely to deal with and we could not fault her service. She was warm, polite, friendly and very respectful in how she treated us all, including our son, which I was pleased and touched by. In fact, we found everyone that attended our table during the course of our stay to be wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble, every request was met with a smile and prompt, courteous response and I don't ever recall being so impressed by every member of staff in a restaurant. As for the food...it was magnificent from start to finish, outshone only by the impeccable standard of service and all in all we had a most perfect dining experience. Worth mentioning too is that our plates were cleared ever so promptly (and with a smile) after each course and any geographical questions were also answered in a lovely, cheery manner. Honestly....there wasn't anything that we could fault. The day was just perfect! If I were to add anything, I guess it would have been nice to have had the lovely ambience of a fireplace glow on a winter's day, but since the room was already heated to a lovely 'toasty' temperature, I would by no means intend this as a criticism....perhaps just a suggestion worth consideration if anything. In closing....we would make the 40 minute drive again in a heartbeat to dine at SkyHigh.....and not because we were provided complimentary gate entry passes for our next visit (Thank You), but because for us it was an experience like no other. We look forward to returning.

1 Thank SmithAndCo_1
kellence, Office Manager at SkyHigh Mount Dandenong, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we here at SkyHigh are so glad you enjoyed your stay from start to finish as that is what we strive for. It is really nice to see when someone takes the time out to praise a restaurant after a great experience.
Warmest regards
The SkyHigh Team
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not eat here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The setting is beautiful and grounds can not be faulted. Do not go to the skyhigh restaurant. It looks like a cafe not a restaurant as you entry. The food is average, the waitresses were good however the supervisor who I believe was called 'Naz' was rude all night to us. There were a few of us and our bill totalled $420 for which I would have deserved a much better service and not to be treated so badly by him. For this reason we will not be returning.

1 Thank Katherine A
Melbourne, Australia
“Ever Had Cold Chips Served on A Plate?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

It has been a long time since I have eaten here and what a change. What used to be the restaurant is now the function centre which has the best view when seated. But on a day to day basis they use the bistro and cafe underneath the restaurant. While it has some good views it does not rate nearly as well as the venue on top. We booked into the bistro for lunch and it disappoints me to say that with my chicken parma i was treated to cold chips. This was a first for me! Otherwise the food was great and the service was very good. They did replace the cold chips with hot chips, but by that time the others were nearly finished their meals. One thing that I did not like was that you had to pay $5 just to get your car into the venue. From the outside you could get a fantastic view of Melbourne.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great Atmosphere, Great Food, Great Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had a really lovely lunch on Sunday the 6th of July in the café at SkyHigh. After walking in from thick cloud covering the mountains, I was greeted by friendly staff who seated us in front of the open fire. It was lovely and cosy with a warm atmosphere. The staff and service was amazing, we had our lunch brought to our table within 10 minutes of being seated, and it was very moreish. The portion sizes were very generous and arrived hot and fresh and very yummy. There was always a smile on the faces of the staff and nothing was too much trouble for them. My family and I had a great day and I highly recommend dining at SkyHigh.

• Visited June 2014