“Lovely stay!”

Arnica Views
melbourne
“Lovely stay!”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Had a lovely one night stay in the gorgeous Arnica Loft (only wish we could have stayed longer!!).The music, candles and fire were such a cute surprise on arrival - very romantic...the perfect place to spend a cold, rainy night in the Dandenongs! The Loft was very well appointed - had everything we needed. Super cushy couch, telly with a small selection of DVDs, cozy gas(?) fireplace, convenient kitchen with an excellent range of breakfast foods, spacious spa bath (bubble bath & robes provided!) and comfy King size bed (with doona, blanket & sheets - this is a huge point for me, as I freeze at night time)! We'll definitely be back....hopefully sooner, rather than later! Thanks for a great stay!
PS. Certainly not somewhere I'd advise bringing children, rather, a perfect couples retreat.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank l_ben88

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We don't get away much as a couple, so booked a night for something special. And it was! Great location, thoughtful provisioning and a gorgeous environment.

Agree strongly with Arnica's many fans - you will be very well looked after here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jo W
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My wife and I stayed there for two nights at the Coorabell Cottage in late June. On the 2nd night we were joined by our 2 yr old boy to make it a brief family stay as well. This was a great place to stay but with some reservations especially if someone was considering bringing a toddler.

The Coorabell Cottage is a spacious two storey cottage slightly removed from the other accomodation with even a separate approach from a different road(although lalong a dirt road with two steep turns) so its very private!

The furnishings are quite good. Fully equipped kitchen with the included breakfast provisions being very generous. Plenty of coffee and tea and there is complimentary port and chocolates. Large TV which can be angled to be viewed from the two person spa. A large collection of DVD's and a surround sound system with speakers in the upstairs bedroom and bathroom. The upstairs bedroom with its Queen Bed is spacious and the large windows on both levels give you views of green trees and forest. There's heating upstairs and a wood fire downstairs. Robes, slippers and plenty of towels were provided.

The service we received was fine, before our arrival there was a flurry of emails between myself and Tania requesting a variety of changes to our booking and all of which were accomodated with no issues and in a timely manner. I booked my wife a massage which she enjoyed immensely.

However I do have some quibbles and I'll be honest some of them are personal and only to be considered if you have similar tastes - if not you can disregard! These quibbles include:

-A concrete floor on the ground floor level which only had a couple of carpets to cover. I would've preferred more rugs or fully carpeted or hardwood floor. I just found that this aspect gave it a slightly unfinished quality to this floor. It should be noted that my wife disagreed with me totally on this. So this can be considered a matter of taste only.
- Being a spacious cottage it did take a while to warm up in the mornings or after we had been out and we did use the portable heater that was provided pretty much all the time. Having said that it was very cold weather and when we were warm we were very snug.
- The cottage wasn't suitable for a toddler. Our boy needed constant supervising to prevent him from climbing the stairs and his rough and tumble play on the ground floor concrete kept his overprotective parents on guard, which is not what was wanted. However let's be honest there is nothing in Arnica View's publicity to suggest that they are marketing this venue to families so bear this in mind - its a couple's place.

Two more quibbles were an issue that, while not taking away from our overall stay, were things that could've been prevented.
- Right outside of the cottage and in open view was a pile of what appeared to be a large pile of discarded banners. It was out of place to say the least and was a disconcerting first impression.
- The cold water tap in the bathroom came off in my hand on the 2nd day. It was easily reattached and we didn't report until check out as we didn't want to deal with the hassle of it being fixed during our stay. On check out I reported it and I was told it was a known issue "and that it could be screwed back on". If its happened before and its happened again therefore its going to keep happening and it needs a permanent resolution - and basically it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Look, even with the quibbles this was a lovely place to spend some quality time with my wife and we both appreciated it. It was comfortable and well located. Mt Dandenong with a spectacular view of Melbourne is a very easy amble up the road.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My partner and I absolutely loved our stay at Arnica Views in early May. It was a cold, rainy day in Melbourne and I had doubts about even going at all! We arrived at about 5pm so it was the end of the day and not much day light was left. It was drizzling and a thick fog had set in but when we opened the door to our room it was a magical experience - we felt like we were walking into doll's house in wonderland! The room was cosy and warm, soft music was playing and several tea candles werre burning, adding so much ambience. We walked to the Mt Dandenong Observatory in the drizzle with the umbrellas provided and couldn't see the end of the carpark, but we enjoyed the exercise! We ended up watching a couple of good DVDs from a large selection on offer and went out to dinner and just had a thoroughly enjoyable, romantic getaway that we still talk about passionately. We didn't see the owners - apart from a quick wave through the office window on leaving but our instructions were clearly written on the reception window and even that added to the mystique of it all.
Thankyou Tania and Paul - it was tops!!
PS. I was just browsing your website as I have been recommending Arnica Views to everyone I come across. When I saw some of the other comments I felt compelled to put what we consider our magical experience, forth for everyone to read!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sandy S
ArnicaViews, Manager at Arnica Views, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Thank you so much. We are ever so grateful people such as yourself take the time to "tell everyone" about your wonderful stay and not just go away and tell only friends and family. Thank you once again SO MUCH for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back. Warm regards, Tania
Melbourne
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Fantastic getaway for the weekend, great customer service despite not actually meeting the owners, everything was clearly labled for us. Having the candles lit & heater on made a nice touch on arrival

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank spasticbulldog
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Upon checking in we arrived an hour earlier than we were supposed to, I had a wedding to go to and Tania graciously allowed for us an early check in, completely unexpected I was happy to change in ladies. I took my mother with me as i thought it might be nice for her to enjoy the barn cottage while I was attending a friends wedding. Upon entering the cottage it was warm with the gas log fire on and tranquil music playing, chocolates and port sat on the coffee table. There was plenty of movies and milk and tea were provided along with a sumptuous bacon and egg breakfast with delicious fresh bread and even baked beans. I could not believe the attention to detail that was displayed throughout the furnishings and little extras. The barn cottage was right near reception but it was so quiet you really didn't notice. Oh and thank goodness for no children running around! We didn't have time but you are able to prebook yourself a relaxing massage will have to get one next time. When I got back from the wedding I drew myself a hot spa bath and enjoyed a green tea. The bed was comfortable but i think I should have bought my own pillow as they were a little stiff. The robes and slippers were lovely also. Thank you Tania for a beautiful stay, you have a lovely product and I look forward to bringing that someone special next time to your beautiful establishment.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank 1111111222
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Hard to comprehend a few of the terrible reviews but then again some people can never be pleased. Couldn't have found Tania to be more helpful & hospitable. Originally intended to stay overnight in September but a few hours after arriving in the late arfternoon a power blackout due to very stormy weather prompted my wife & I to head home. Before that I rang Tania that evening & she arrived soon after with torch in hand. Tania informed us the power would be out for several hours & offered us to stay the next night to compensate or we could re book another night at no cost. We subsequently returned & stayed in the Sunset Suite on 27th Feb. Arrived to find a very clean & cosy suite with candles glowing, soft music, nice furnishings & all the little extras you need, i.e. bath robes, soft towels & sheets, slippers etc.
Would recommend & have to anyone wanting a relaxing, romantic, peaceful getaway.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fred M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Dandenong
Merrow Cottages
Merrow Cottages
#2 of 5 in Mount Dandenong
Linden Gardens Rainforest Retreat
Linden Gardens Rainforest Retrea...
#1 of 5 in Mount Dandenong
Valley Ranges Getaways
Valley Ranges Getaways
#2 of 13 in Olinda
Lochiel Luxury Accommodation

Been to Arnica Views? Share your experiences!