“One of the best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante O Infante

Restaurante O Infante
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Castro Marim
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is 22 year old restaurant who has maintaned it's high standard quality every single day of it life. It is not an haute cuisine restaurant. It's typical portuguese cuisine and some french / european speclialities. The quality and the amount of food is impressive. The service speed is great for a huge restaurant and the fish is always a few levels above all other restaurants in the area. Best of the best: it has the best codfish i've ever seen and tasted. Any wine you name.....they have it. It's good for families or big groups, because the staff is very disciplined and very coordinated. It's everytime worth every single penny.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Saint Julian's, Malta
“excellent location, excellent place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

There are two restaurants with the same name. One is situated minutes from the Eurotel and the second is on the beach, near to or part of a tourist complex/housing area, set above the beach overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. This latter one was the place we went to.
The staff were friendly and efficient. Food was great. Local wine, one of a few selected by the waiter for us, was great too.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank tjm1957
Wicklow, Ireland
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have read some negative reviews about this restaurant but have to say I really like it. The food I've had with family and friends has always been excellent, the portions are enormous and I feel it is good value for money. The waiters tend to be more mature gentlemen and I have always found them pleasant. I have very little Portuguese and always feel reluctant to judge someone as unhelpful or unfriendly when I'm in their country and don't speak their language.
I agree with others that the large, back, non-smoking room isn't nice and though we are non- smokers we have always asked for the front room. We have never been overwhelmed with smoke by any means.
We have returned to this place year after year...what more can I say.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ruth353
“Not good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The starters were good but the main course was like something out of the 80's. The staff were miserable and there was a feeling of chaos about the place and I had a bad stomach the day afterwards!

Visited June 2014
Newcastle
“Unbelievable service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I should be writing about how good the food was here - and it was very good - however overtaking all that were the miserable and rude staff. We arrived and were immediately shown to smoking tables so we asked to move to a non smoking area, can't really understand why they don't ask what you want when you go in. At least, I think that I probably do because the non smoking area is where the waiters watch the football on a very large screen. The huge screen pulls down and they all stand there watching the football, which is very loud, until the match finishes - hardly the ambience you need in a restaurant!! The food came and was good as previously mentioned and the portions were large, so large in fact that we couldn't finish it all. We asked for a doggy bag for some lamb and what followed was almost comical. The waiter's face dropped a mile, then it grimaced, he snatched the plates, stormed over to the kitchen, kicked the door open with great force and was gone. Fortunately we saw the funny side of this, it was almost like a sketch from Fawlty Towers, we asked for the bill and left with the lamb not daring to risk the desserts! Training of staff required here I think.

• Visited May 2014