“Wonderful hosts; very comfortable and attractive accommodations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Lodge B&B

Park Lodge B&B
Ranked #1 of 4 Abbeyfeale B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful hosts; very comfortable and attractive accommodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Our family of five was fortunate to find this lovely B&B on Trip Advisor when we were looking for a place to stay while visiting family in Abbeyfeale. Noreen and Tom made us all feel very welcome, and not at all awkward about the strange hours we kept as we stayed out late with our cousins. They were terrific hosts - very flexible and interested in keeping us all satisfied with the delicious breakfast offerings. The rooms are very comfortable, spacious, and include up to date amenities such as wifi. By the end of the trip, Noreen and Tom seemed like family too!

Abbeyfeale is a wonderful place to stay when you visit this part of Ireland.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Julia C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

A large group of us stayed for the weekend because our kids were participating in a Hurling Feile. The Browns were amazing hosts who made our stay so comfortable and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble and we all had a fantastic time. The house is spotless with comfortable beds and excellent one cooked Irish breakfast. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The rooms are all very spacious and comfortable for couples or a family.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dunfermline
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

A haven of comfort and peace!
Sadly, I had to visit this beautiful part of Ireland for the funeral of a dear friend. I couldn't have found a better place to stay, at this sad time. I arrived in the evening feeling unwell and was greeted with genuine concern and care and asked if I would like a hot water bottle for comfort, which I gratefully accepted. Unable to think of breakfast next day, I was brought a lovely tray with tea and toast......just what I needed. Thank you so much, Noreen x
Apart from the genuine concern shown, I can thoroughly recommend this B&B in every way : cleanliness, spacious rooms, position, garden and breakfast, which I did have on my second day.
This is truly a "gem"and a stunning place to stay. A perfect position for exploring this part of Ireland by car which I hope to be able to do someday.
My apologies, there is no fitness centre or pool, if there was, I'm sure it would be excellent!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Noreen was our hostess for the stay at her beautiful B&B at Abbeyfeale on Sunday May 5th. My husband and I were holidaying from Australia, and we were looking for a room for the night,after finding there was an Irish Music Competition on in Abbeyfeale that weekend. At the time Noreen hadn't joined Trip Advisor, and after staying at her B&B, I suggested she should. So glad she heeded the advice.She has a beautiful B&B, lovely rooms and settings, and such a reasonable price for such quality. I even got to meet her beautiful Irish Setter. Would love to stay again one day Noreen if we return your way. Only downside was I happened to live my toothbrush charger behind in the bedroom I stayed in. It wasn't till I was in my next stop that I realised it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

This B&B was lovely, the couple that runs it was very friendly and helpful with recommendations. The rooms and bathrooms are large and very clean. Breakfast was great(including mushrooms in the full Irish!) and there is a gorgeous view from the breakfast room.

It is located right on the border of Abbeyfeale, so we drove into the center of town for dinner and music, it's a bit far for walking. They prefer for payment to be in cash and did not have wi-fi.

Overall, this is a solid B&B and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeyfeale
Devon Inn Hotel
No photo provided
Fitzgeralds Farmhouse
#4 of 4 in Abbeyfeale
Jack O'Rourke's Bar and Accomodation

Been to Park Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!