“Thorough tour, beautiful grounds”
Review of Casa Sauza

and up
Day Trip to Tequila with Visit to Casa Sauza Distillery
Ranked #4 of 41 things to do in Tequila
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the amazing experience of Casa Sauza.
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was an interactive tour that started at the distillery and beautiful grounds in the middle of town and went on to include a bus ride to two locations a ranch and a botanic garden of agave. It ended with a tequila tasting and cocktail. Loved it.

1  Thank SoCalNewsGal

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Got lost entering Tequila and ended up coming into town the back way and right by the Sauza distillery. Saw the sign for the tour and it ended up we were the only people on that tour. Our guide Diana was excellent and fun. Wish we could have seen the bottling plant but it is not permitted. Lots of tequila tastings and at the end they treat you to special mixed drinks in the old former family home of the Sauza family... Our bartender Charlie was a dear!!!

1  Thank janandgreg
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We were able to take this as a personal tour with just us and the guide since it was during the week and off season. The tour was excellent. We got to see every part of the process from growing the Agave plants, to distillation, to aging. We were offered many options for tasting the Sauza product. We then had a formal tasting where we learned how to taste and differentiate between the types of tequila. I am not a huge tequila drinker but really enjoyed the tasting. I was surprised to find I enjoyed the reposado the best. We were then treated to a three course pairing dinner with the head chef. This was a treat! The food was exceptional and we heard from the chef at each course about the food and why it paired well with that particular tequila. We were also treated to some creative and amazing cocktails by the head mixologist. I could have stayed here all day!! A definite must on your stop to tequila. If you are Americans with limited Spanish, ask for a tour with Eugenio. He was great!

2  Thank Tracygil
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We visited the Hacienda Sauza. Neat place to see...lots of Mexican family history in this town. Also visited Forteleza Distillery owned by Memo Sauza. We met him in Guadalajara and once you meet the guy you won't forget him...great tequila too.

3  Thank HarryNJohnon
Reviewed 15 April 2013

After reading other reviews, a friend and I decided to take the Casa Sauza tour instead of several others. What a treat! Since it was a Monday, we were the only ones on the tour and yet you would never have known it. Our guide, Diana, and her tour partner, Gerardo (driver and jimador) were fantastic. We got a very thorough description of the distillation process, were offered samples of various types of tequila and had each and every question answered with a smile. At the end, we were given very generous drinks of tequila (naturally!) and jamaica. The bartender, whose name I'm embarrassed to say I didn't catch, was also friendly and helpful. He tolerated my very bad Spanish even though I know his English was probably much better.

The tour included a visit to the ranch, El Indio, and was $150 pesos.

This was my second tour of a tequila distillery and my favorite. A BIG thanks to everyone at Casa Sauza for making this visit so memorable!

(One important item for those who are a bit older or are traveling with young children...bathrooms are available at every stop. While a bit embarrassing to mention, it does matter.)

5  Thank Cheri H