“Excellent food and real ales in top condition”
Review of The Aldwark Arms

The Aldwark Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Aldwark
Price range: US$5 - US$33
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Aldwark Arms is a beautiful village dining pub offering locally sourced, freshly cooked produce. Our menus change seasonally throughout the year. A la Carte, Early Bird, Special Event Nights and extensive lunch menus are available. We have an excellent selection of fine wines, stunning gins and many changing real ales. Members of Camra and Cask Marque accredited. We also received a tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence every year since we have been trading and have 5 stars out of 5 for our food hygiene rating.
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We were stopping at a nearby hotel and were disappointed with the food and real ale so were advised to use the Aldwark Arms. We had a very warm reception, I had pushed my wife to the pub in a wheelchair and the staff were really helpful. There was a choice local real ales, I tried two of them and they were in top condition. We then had excellent meals, promptly served and too much to eat a pudding. My wife is vegetarian and was pleased with the choice available. I chatted to staff about the real ale afterwards and they clearly knew what they were doing. I wish we lived round the corner.

4  Thank timgarner

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We stumbled on this pub while staying in easingwold we tried to eat there on a Tuesday night but was fully booked now I thought anywhere full on a Tuesday must be nice . We managed to get a table for the wed grill night we didn’t chose that my husband got the burger I got gammon I did try his burger it was nicest I’ve tasted in a long time the stay are very friendly nothing is a trouble very smart and very polite we most definitely will be back when we in the area and we most definitely will book

2  Thank shellie7175
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We visited for a meal for a group of over 30 of us. The food and service couldn't be faulted and there were only positive comments from everyone who attended. The booking process for such a large group of us was handled very efficiently and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the pub to others or to revisit ourselves again. Thank you very much!

2  Thank WilsonRE
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

What a little diamond this place is. In have a revisit for the first time since our wedding at Aldwark Manor. Just amazing. Amazing food, service and atmosphere. Tuesday night and for a "quiet country pub" it's absolutely buzzing. Very busy with people eating, drinking and being merry. Lovely place

2  Thank Phil C
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were travelling throughout the UK in our Motorhome and through a search on a Motorhome forum we found the Aldwark Arms. I parked up in the corner of the large car park and went into the bar to ask if it was ok to stop over-night if we had a meal and drinks, the friendly bar man told us no problem at all.
It was around 6pm on a Friday evening and the place was buzzing, we gladly got a table for two as the bar and the separate seating area for food was filling up nicely.
Our waitress and drinks waiter were very prompt and courteous, my wife and I both ordered the “Proper Chicken Kiev” and we were not disappointed ! It was “Proper”alright ! I had it with the home cut chips and my wife had the sweet potato chips. We both cleared our plates ! For our dessert we had the “Mini Puds” 2 mini puds to share and again we were not disappointed, delicious !
As we were staying in our Motorhome in the car park we had a few drinks with our meal,my wife was drinking red wine and I had pints of Guinness which were very moreish !
When we had finished our meal we moved into the public bar area for another drink where we sat and enjoyed our pleasant surroundings among the locals.
We were made feel very welcome from the outset and nothing was any trouble for any of the staff, our stay ticked all the boxes from the location, to the food, the staff, and not forgetting the pints of Guinness !
We will return again someday !

2  Thank Paul D