“Superb Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aldwark
Andover, United Kingdom
“Superb Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I had the good fortune to stay at this Hotel on business recently and what a hotel it is! A stunning location, superb accommodation, excellent food and welcoming, professional staff. Sadly I didn't have the opportunity to take advantage of the well appointed spa facilities but I will certainly do so on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Lynn R

Thank you for your recent review after your business trip to Aldwark manor Golf and Spa Hotel.

I will pass your positive comments on and I hope that next time you do get to use the leisure and spa facilities and when you are ready to book please visit the QHotels website for the latest offers

Kind Regards

Paul Beswick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I attended a conference at Aldwark Manor and couldn't have been more impressed, the building is a mix of traditional and contemporary that blends really well, the food was amazing and the staff were very knowledgeable and welcolming, particularly Paul and Terrie who made every effort to make you feel right at home. Definitely planning to stay in the near future and will be bringing my golf clubs! Highly recommended

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Steve_Bradshaw

It was a pleasure to meet you at the conference earlier this week and I was pleased to read your comments on Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa that I will be passing on to the rest of the team.

When you are ready to visit us again (with the golf clubs) then please check out the QHotels website for the latest offers.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My friend and I have recently returned from an overnight spa break at Aldwark Manor, and whilst the food and spa treatments were really good, i feel that the break was over-priced for what we received. Our room could have been any travel-lodge/premier inn room, basic and in need of some tlc, and unfortunately the same goes for all other parts of the hotel too. The paint-work needed touching up and carpets were bare in places. I would also like to advise people thinking of booking an over-night spa break to check the terms and conditions on booking form, as we were not made aware of the fact that whilst the break included dinner in the hotel restaurant, you were only allocated £26 towards this and most choices on the menu (main course) were £15 or more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the original part of the manor NOT the new extension, then perhaps you will be giv...
jjwebster123

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to read your comments and I can assure you that we have a rolling plan of decoration and that we have recently spend £45,000 on refurbishment of some of the public areas and meeting rooms.

We do have a £26 dinner allocation that you can select from the restaurant or bar menu to build either 2 or 3 courses as the main courses are from £15 in the restaurant with starters and desserts from £5. I apologise that this was not communicated to you when booking.

Once again thank you for your feedback

Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My friend and I booked through Spabreaks.com for one night, Lunch, dinner, bed & breakfast with either a 60 min treatment or two 30 min treatments at £129 per person sharing a double or twin room. The treatment was lovely and staff professional. At Dinner we were told we only had a £26 allowance for our evening meal which is not mentioned anywhere on our booking receipt, however the food we had was very nice. The Hotel itself is tired and needs attention in parts. Our room was basic & decor drab, but the beds comfortable. It has a small, but well equiped gym. The pool is small but nice, only if you're thinking of having a swim and relaxing by the pool, you'll be lucky as there are only a handful of beds!

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor and was very basic, but we didn't suffer with any outside noice.
Dear Tisha S

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us.

Our Spa breaks are great value, I am sorry that you were not pre informed regarding the £26 dinner allocation as we find this offers a greater choice as oppose to the tradition limited menu. We do have a limited number of beds on pools side as that is all we can accommodate but in the summer we do extra seating outside on the grounds.

Thank you for you feedback and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future

Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Very surprised at some comments but my girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed Our stay. The staff were very present and helpful. The location was ideal and Our room was very comfortable. In fact I would go as far as to say an overnight break here was as refreshing as some fortnight long holidays we've been on. We will be back soon enough and have already begun recommending the break to friends. At one point I even turned on the t.v and watched Ireland lifting the six nations trophy. Carlsberg don't do mini breaks . . .

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Quadrofenian

Thank you for your recent review following your “Rejuvenating” stay with us at Aldwark Manor Golf and Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you thought the location is Ideal as we are situated just 25 minutes from York and Harrogate.

When you are ready to relax some more please visit the QHotels website for out latest offers and we look forward to welcoming you back.

manchester uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

After our disaster in October we were invited back. what a difference ,the was Clean and ready.The evening meal was ok,could do with changing the menu now and again but other wise all ok.This what I expect from a 4star hotel clean room and bathroom polite staff, a good choice at breakfast,so all in all a good few days but with staff coming and going it must be difficult to manage a hotel like this due to its location so I would just like to say to the manager and staff thank you

Room Tip: Always specify a room don't have a room up in the gods
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear malonedavid

I was pleased to read your review following your return visit to Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel.

We are in the process of writing new menus across the hotel and I am sure that when you return I am confident that they will meet with your expectations.

I will be passing your positive comments on to the team and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future,

Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Visited this hotel + had a wonderful relaxing time. Location great beautiful surroundings. Staff very accommodating, room amazing. The breakfast was fantastic so much choice. Dinner good. Had a great massage ...great value for money during 2 nights stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear lady_in_red65

Thank you for the review following on from your recent visit to Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you had a wonderful time. I hope that we get the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Paul Beswick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldwark
Oulton Hall & Spa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,092 reviews
Hazlewood Castle & Spa
Hazlewood Castle & Spa
#1 of 1 in Hazlewood

Been to Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!