I arranged a spa afternoon here for my sisters birthday and felt completely let down. I initially booked Aldwark Manor as it looked stunning and I thought the service would be of a high standard. On arrival to the spa reception we advised that we had the discovery package booked but also wanted to know if there was availability to book additional treatments and it seemed like it was an inconvenience. After finally sorting out the treatments four of the party went off for facials and massages. One of the facials took less than 15 minutes when we were told that it would be for 30 minutes. I had booked in for a nail polish for hands and feet and sat by the pool waiting for the time to go to mine. One of the staff came into get me at a time which I don't believe was booked for me and then the beautician told me that we would have to hurry up as she was running late and had someone else booked in. I was rushed to pick a colour and to be honest, I could have just done them myself as the standard was poor, the paint was smudged and it lasted 10 minutes! To be fair the feet were better than the hands and done by another beautician. We expected the cost of the treatments as that seemed pretty standard but for the length of time and quality of treatment/service, I would never gave booked there if I'd gave known how poor it was going to be, it was the worst part of our weekend and would not recommend it as I don't believe the beauticians are of a fully trained class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aldwark Manor Golf and Spa Hotel is located near York. It is nestled in a picturesque village in between York and Harrogate within the stunning North Yorkshire Moors. Even though this gem of a hotel makes you feel a million miles away, it is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the A59. What better way to take in the views than to play the 18 hole golf course? The challenging course is set amidst gorgeous rolling hills. This hotel is a real mix of old and new. With 53 individually designed bedrooms which are split between the modern contemporary wing of the hotel and the traditional Manor house. If you are staying on business then the hotel has 6 conference and meeting rooms for up to 240 people. What's more the superb grounds covering 100 acres are ideal for team building events. Indulge yourself with an array of treatments at the spa or build up a sweat in the leisure club. Finish off the day with a delicious meal in our award-winning Brasserie, or snack on a selection of tasty nibbles whilst overlooking the manicured golf course in either The Terrace or Squadron Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldwark Manor Hotel Aldwark
- Aldwark Manor York
- Aldwark Manor Hotel York
- Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel