“Friendly and helpful staff!”

Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aldwark
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked the spa package deal for our anniversary. This included spa treatments and lunch and tea.
Our room (top floor) was abit on the tired side. Needed updating and fresh coat of paint but was clean otherwise.
My Duo of Chicken meal at tea was beautifully cooked and full of flavour. Would try again, however my husbands steak was tiny and only had a few chips with it. Could have done with some more chips or other veg...
We found the staff very helpful and attentive particularly the spa staff who managed to make our anniversary visit so special. They even arranged a takeaway dessert for us!
Would definitely visit again :)

• Stayed: June 2014
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Fiona R

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following on from your recent spa break with us.

I will discuss your comments regarding the steak and chips with the chef but all our steaks are weighed as per the menu.

I will pass on your comments to the team regarding how helpful they were and especially the spa team.

When you are ready to visit us again please check out the QHotels website for the latest offers.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff where very friendly and helpful , the room was spacious and clean , a lovely balcony to relax on after a mornings golf !!breakfast and evening meal was spot on , great service , a hotel with great character !!!

1  Thank Steven R
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Steven R

Thank you for your positve review following on from your recent golf break with us.

I was pleased that you had a great stay and when you are ready to return please visit the QHotels website for the latest offers,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Enjoyed a relaxing break at this charming property in a delightfully scenic part of Yorkshire. Paid a bit extra for a superior QStar room in the more modern part of the hotel and it was well worth it. Fabulous view of the golf course from our balcony and every day we had complimentary wine, beer and delicious biscuits from the excellent house-keeping staff. Bedroom was comfortable and the excellent bathroom was enormous. Bar service could be a bit iffy at times, but overall I was more than pleased with my stay. Biggest downside was the wet weather which made the fairways very damp but I am hoping to go back later in the summer.

Room Tip: Go for a QStar room in the newer part of the hotel. Ours had a balcony and a huge bathroom.Well wort...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear BrianMcNally

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review following on from your recent stay with us.

The QStar rooms are different throughout the hotel so if you want one with the balcony again please request it at your time of booking, we have 2 with golf views and their own balcony, these are 101 & 301

I hope the weather is better for you on your next visit,

Regards

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We have just arrived home after our over night, couples, spa package! I booked it as a relaxing get away for my partners birthday (we have never been to a spa before)
As we pulled into the grounds we were mesmerised with house breathtaking the grounds were. The location was just perfect.
The spa was so relaxing and the jacuzzi was just what we needed. All the staff were 100% customer service, every member of staff greeted us and made sure we had everything we needed!

Now the best bit - where do I start with the food!? I have never tried a steak in my life and I'm glad I had my first experience at Aldwark! The food was to die for, all the meals we had we full enjoyed about couldn't get enough of!

The only thing I was a little bit put off by was the hotel needed a bit of a refurb :( some parts were modern some were seriously old where it was a bit off putting. But overall I was very pleased and we will be back! :) x

2  Thank Hollyclair

Dear Hollyclair

I was pleased to read your review following on from your recent stay with us at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel.

I will be passing on your comments to the Leisure and Spa team. I have already shared your comments with the Head Chef and he thanks you for your comments.

As you can imagine we have a rolling plan of areas that need to be refurbed or redecorated as we are a busy hotel, and I will re look at this.

When you are ready to visit us again please check out the QHotels web site for the latest offers,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Lovely building and location. Attentive staff. In a 4 star hotel would expect reception to be manned 24 hours. Breakfast very disappointing. Carpet in bedroom not laid properly, had a bump in the middle. Aircon in bathroom irritatingly noisy. Sheet on bed had a small blood stain, but replaced very willingly. Floor in brasserie not particularly clean likewise some of the walls. Overall really didn't justify a price of £279.60 for one night

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear RDB1953

I was disappointed to read your recent review. Please accept my apologies for the standards that you received during your recent stay with us

I can assure you that the hotel reception is manned 24 hours as every night we have a night supervisor and porter on duty who can contacted.

I will discuss your comments regarding the bathroom extraction and the carpet with the housekeeper and also the cleanliness in the restaurant and I am sure that she will act on this very quickly.

Thank you for your feedback and despite the set back I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Upon arrival at the hotel we were struck by its beautiful look. When inside and upon closer inspection the hotel is looking in need of renovation. Some of the seating is getting threadbare and wallpaper peeling or ripped off. The bedrooms were clean and did have a large bed which is always a plus but the furniture was scratched and worn. The bathroom was much the same, clean but tired. This appeared to be the same throughout the hotel and leisure club. For the 3 days we were there the jacuzzi was out of order. Pool OK, but looking very tired, don't bother trying to look through windows as they are so dirty. The food in the hotel is hit and miss, the bevette steak my husband ordered medium rare, was so tough he couldn't cut it with a steak knife. We also ordered the burger, which came rare and again so tough it couldn't be cut, let alone chewed. Breakfast was standard...the best meal we had was buffet lunch, but not much can go wrong with jacket potatoe , salad and cold meats and cheese(most the remains of breakfast, I believe). The staff were polite but seemed to be new to the job as knowledge was basic. When we raised complaints over food we were just given a quick sorry and then it was brushed aside. The golf course is good to play, but holds the water, so watch out. Got to play 18 out of 54 holes, due to not being able to use buggies(as pre booked because the 2golfers suffer with back complaints and can not carry) and no trolleys available to hire as the limited number they had (6, I belieon) had been used by the first 2 four balls going out. We would have to wait 4/5 hours for them to come in and then try to re book tee time. Overall not the best specialist golf/spa break we've been on. Well done to the cleaning team for cleanliness and the beautician for a fab massage and facial.......

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Donna W

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following on from your recent stay with us.

I have this morning been in contact with your friend to discuss your feedback and I apologise for the service and standards that you received.

I will pass on your positive comments to the housekeeping and spa team.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The bedrooms on the website look wonderful. Ours however was not.It was functional but totally charmless. On the plus side ,it was well equipped with tea ,coffee etcThe well worn nylon shower curtain was definitely not 4star standard. We were looking forward to a little bit of luxury .We were disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a bedroom in the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank myipaddy

Dear myipaddy

I was disappointed to read your review following on from your recent stay.

We have 2 different bedroom styles at the hotel, we have the traditional rooms that are located in the manor and then we have the new bedrooms in the new wing that are modern. They are both totally different in look and feel and we try to allocate on arrival to ensure we meet the expectations of you. I will ask housekeeping to check all the shower curtains.

Regards

Paul Beswick

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldwark
The Grand Hotel & Spa
Rudding Park Hotel
Rudding Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Follifoot
Mount Royale Hotel & Spa

Been to Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!