“get away from family!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel

Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aldwark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Halifax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have just returned from a two day break with our friends to Aldwark Manor. The boys enjoyed the golf deal while the girls did local walks in the area. From entering the hotel we were greeted by a friendly and efficient receptionist. Our room was on the fourth floor in the old part of the manor and was spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean with many of the original beams, a large settee, chairs and a desk. Our friends were on the first floor in the modern part of the hotel and again the room was spacious, clean and very comfortable with a balcony and chairs to enjoy the views over the golf course along with a very large bathroom with a separate shower.
Our evening meal which was included in the deal was delicious with ample choice. The breakfast was also very good with a cold table and a hot buffet, sufficient choice and served on hot plates.
We were very lucky with the weather as it was hot and sunny and so we were able to enjoy lunch and pre-dinner drinks on the terrace.
The staff were fantastic, friendly efficient and helpful and always chatty and had a smile for everyone.
We were slightly apprehensive after reading some of the other comments but we were highly delighted and the special deal for the two nights with golf and dinner and breakfast was excellent value. WE WILL RETURN.

Room Tip: New part of the hotel have modern rooms. Old part of the manor have rooms with more character.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear kenmags

I was pleased to read your review following on from the fabulous time that you had with us at Aldwark Manor.

As you have mentioned we have 2 different room types, the traditional manor and the contemporary wing and they are totally different in look and feel but they are all well appointed.

Sitting on the Squadron Terrace watching the golfers play having a pre diner drink in the sun is spectacular.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked the spa package deal for our anniversary. This included spa treatments and lunch and tea.
Our room (top floor) was abit on the tired side. Needed updating and fresh coat of paint but was clean otherwise.
My Duo of Chicken meal at tea was beautifully cooked and full of flavour. Would try again, however my husbands steak was tiny and only had a few chips with it. Could have done with some more chips or other veg...
We found the staff very helpful and attentive particularly the spa staff who managed to make our anniversary visit so special. They even arranged a takeaway dessert for us!
Would definitely visit again :)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Fiona R

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following on from your recent spa break with us.

I will discuss your comments regarding the steak and chips with the chef but all our steaks are weighed as per the menu.

I will pass on your comments to the team regarding how helpful they were and especially the spa team.

When you are ready to visit us again please check out the QHotels website for the latest offers.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff where very friendly and helpful , the room was spacious and clean , a lovely balcony to relax on after a mornings golf !!breakfast and evening meal was spot on , great service , a hotel with great character !!!

1 Thank Steven R
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Steven R

Thank you for your positve review following on from your recent golf break with us.

I was pleased that you had a great stay and when you are ready to return please visit the QHotels website for the latest offers,

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Enjoyed a relaxing break at this charming property in a delightfully scenic part of Yorkshire. Paid a bit extra for a superior QStar room in the more modern part of the hotel and it was well worth it. Fabulous view of the golf course from our balcony and every day we had complimentary wine, beer and delicious biscuits from the excellent house-keeping staff. Bedroom was comfortable and the excellent bathroom was enormous. Bar service could be a bit iffy at times, but overall I was more than pleased with my stay. Biggest downside was the wet weather which made the fairways very damp but I am hoping to go back later in the summer.

Room Tip: Go for a QStar room in the newer part of the hotel. Ours had a balcony and a huge bathroom.Well wort...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear BrianMcNally

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review following on from your recent stay with us.

The QStar rooms are different throughout the hotel so if you want one with the balcony again please request it at your time of booking, we have 2 with golf views and their own balcony, these are 101 & 301

I hope the weather is better for you on your next visit,

Regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We have just arrived home after our over night, couples, spa package! I booked it as a relaxing get away for my partners birthday (we have never been to a spa before)
As we pulled into the grounds we were mesmerised with house breathtaking the grounds were. The location was just perfect.
The spa was so relaxing and the jacuzzi was just what we needed. All the staff were 100% customer service, every member of staff greeted us and made sure we had everything we needed!

Now the best bit - where do I start with the food!? I have never tried a steak in my life and I'm glad I had my first experience at Aldwark! The food was to die for, all the meals we had we full enjoyed about couldn't get enough of!

The only thing I was a little bit put off by was the hotel needed a bit of a refurb :( some parts were modern some were seriously old where it was a bit off putting. But overall I was very pleased and we will be back! :) x

1 Thank Hollyclair
Dear Hollyclair

I was pleased to read your review following on from your recent stay with us at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel.

I will be passing on your comments to the Leisure and Spa team. I have already shared your comments with the Head Chef and he thanks you for your comments.

As you can imagine we have a rolling plan of areas that need to be refurbed or redecorated as we are a busy hotel, and I will re look at this.

When you are ready to visit us again please check out the QHotels web site for the latest offers,

London, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely building and location. Attentive staff. In a 4 star hotel would expect reception to be manned 24 hours. Breakfast very disappointing. Carpet in bedroom not laid properly, had a bump in the middle. Aircon in bathroom irritatingly noisy. Sheet on bed had a small blood stain, but replaced very willingly. Floor in brasserie not particularly clean likewise some of the walls. Overall really didn't justify a price of £279.60 for one night

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear RDB1953

I was disappointed to read your recent review. Please accept my apologies for the standards that you received during your recent stay with us

I can assure you that the hotel reception is manned 24 hours as every night we have a night supervisor and porter on duty who can contacted.

I will discuss your comments regarding the bathroom extraction and the carpet with the housekeeper and also the cleanliness in the restaurant and I am sure that she will act on this very quickly.

Thank you for your feedback and despite the set back I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future,

Paul Beswick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldwark
Oulton Hall & Spa
The Queens - Leeds
#10 of 86 in Leeds
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,046 reviews
Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!