“Aldwark Manor Stay”

Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aldwark
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was a lovely enjoyable experience. Friendly staff, great food, lovely room. Only 2 slight issues, the Jacuzzi wasn't working at the time of our stay and the windows of the pool room could have been cleaner (let more sunlight in).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Cantriona J

It is lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay at Aldwark Manor. The Jacuzzi has been repaired, as we was waiting on a part to be delivered and our Leisure manager is making sure the windows are kept clear "to let the sun light in". We hope you will visit again and thank you for your response.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Booked a £119 per night for two dinner, b&b. check in on arrival was speedy, however I had to ask if I needed to book dinner and the only time free was for 8.45 not a problem as we were going to check out the spa and gym. Stayed in room 111. Which was clean and functional no aircon and no mini bar, missing a room service menu/restaurant menu in room. We went to use gym and pool gym is reasonably well equipped with techno gym equipment, pool is nice with steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. Beware the sauna was 105degrees c, so we couldn't sit in it. The changing rooms are in need of an update, not enough lockers for people, a lady offered to share hers as the staff couldn't be bothered to help, I passed my things to my husband to keep in the men's.The guy came round to let us know we had 10 mins before they shut the pool, we left to get showered, I had just got out of the shower in the changing room and a woman from the spa came in saying that the staff were getting stressed as they were closing so we need to hurry up, I did say that we had also come to relax and would try and be speedy, she actually rolled her eyes at the other ladies in the changing room whom didn't speak English, terrible. I left the shower area half dressed with soaking hair not great. We tried to book treatments for the spa and they were fully booked the entire time again staff unfriendly. At dinner we arrived on time at 8.45 the person who greeted us was miserable she took the drinks order and we waited until 9.05 for them to arrive, we had a bottle of water and our drinks followed, we paid 7.05 for a glass of pimms. We ordered food which was good, however I ordered a main which stated on the menu that it would come with new potato and fine beans, it was missing the beans. When I asked about the beans I was told it didn't come with them but I could pay for some, I didn't bother asking for the menu to argue the point, but I did let reception know the next day. Breakfast was self service, again greeted by unfriendly staff, I asked if they did soya milk, as I have a milk allergy, they don't do it which is a surprise as this is a large chain, most of the breakfast items were running out and it was only 9am, staff were slow to replace basic items such as milk, so my husband didn't bother with cereals and bread for toast. The self service cooked breakfast was nice however, had to wait for eggs, beans etc and it wasn't busy with customers. Staff seem disorganised and need a morale boost to make this hotel more pleasant, grounds are lovely, food is good, service lets it down.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CP80_12
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear CP80_12

I was disappointed to read your review following on from your recent stay with us.

I have discussed your feedback with the departmental managers and I have spoken personally to the team in the Leisure and Spa as to the way in which you were spoken to when being informed that the club was closing and they send their apologies.

As you can imagine the Spa is very busy and we get booked up in advance so it is always advisable to pre book spa treatments.

I have passed on your positive comments to the Head Chef regarding the quality of the food and I have discussed your comments regarding service in the restaurant with the Operations Manager who has started to look at the training of the service team.

Thank you for your constructive feedback as this important to us and how we run the hotel.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Booked a Dinner, bed and breakfast package for my daughters birthday. When checking in was advised dinner was only for adult and if my 14 year old daughter wanted dinner this was extra.
Silly me should have read the terms and conditions! Perhaps the email confirmation and at point of booking/paying I should have been made aware.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FarrerEngland
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear FarrerEngland

I was disappointed to read your review following on from your stay, and it was never out intention to miss-lead you in any way. All our dinner inclusive rates are per person and our children’s policy regarding dinners is as detailed below.

Our children's policy:
Children aged 4 and under stay and eat for free. For children aged 5 to 16 meals are chargeable as taken, which is 5.00GBP per child's breakfast.

I hope despite the set back that you will use QHotels again in the future,

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently spent a few days at Aldwark manor and we had an amazing time from the moment we were greeted at reception until we left we were given first class treatment. Unfortunately our grandson had a fall whilst at the hotel and the staff were so kind and helpful we cannot thank them enough really wish I could remember the member of staff who assisted us I do know that he was the trainer for the lifeguards but a big thank you to him. Will have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and will definitely be returning

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynn F
Paul B, General Manager at Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Lynn F

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following on from your recent stay with us.

I will pass your comments on to Arron who was the person on duty and we all hope that your grandson has made a full recovery.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Aldwark Manor in the future,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very expensive night £140 for one night

Spa..... Very very poor.. Pool area , pool very smalll and def not clean. There was a jacuzzi which could fit a max of prob five people in (the spa was full of girly weekenders). There was only four chairs poolside, again not enough for people to sit around. The windows were filthy, look like they havent been cleaned this year.. Robes were tired and ripped.
Cafe area in spa ... No iced water or juice etc on tap. There were several chairs outside however as i said before if they were in use there was nowhere for you to sit... The chairs were filthy, look like they hadnt been cleaned for years. This outside area was also in full view(only ten ft ) of all the golfers going past, this wasevery five minutes..... It wouldnt have taken much thought to put a discreet low hedge or someyhing to block the area.

Food in hotel
This was the only saving grace of the hotel... Food was pleasant, not to expensive and quite tasty.

Bar area
Nice bar, pleasant staff, but again ouside seating area poor standards.

Overall this hotel is predom aimed for golfers, the staff were friendly enough however even the staff say it is outdated and needs to be revamped, they state it is going to happen over the next several years..... Bit too late for us though.

Rooms. No better than a premier inn. Windows came of the hinges... Couldnt use the phine even to ring reveption.. Wardrobe door not on hinges.

General hotel.
Carpets filthy, food on chairs. Needs a really good clean

Wouldnt go back. Maybe when its been overhauled in a year or two.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ann B

Dear ann B

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am disappointed to read that your experience wasn’t as you anticipated. Our Spa and Leisure club do get extremely busy during the course of a weekend with both hotel guests and external members and whilst we take every opportunity to ensure that all our guests have a thoroughly pleasant experience it is the challenge that keeps all the team focused.

I have taken your comments on board and we always welcome suggestions on how we can change or improve things going forward. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback

Reviewed 13 July 2014

From the moment you walk in there is no one on reception to great you just a telephone that rings and rings until you eventually have to go find someone yourself. There are dead flys, spiders and dust everywhere from your bedroom to the bar. The shower even had a lovely cobweb hanging from the wooden beam in the bathroom. A lovely piece of toilet roll stuck in the side of the bath to fill a gap and a bedroom door that could have me pushed open with some force. Not the safe and clean environment you expect for over a 100 pounds a night. Dirty glasses and plates are presented to you with a " I can't be bothered to serve you " attitude from all the staff. DO NOT STAY HERE! Awful isn't even the word to discribe it let alone being disgustingly overpriced and dirty

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Lauren S

Dear Lauren S

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at the hotel.

I am sorry that you feel you have had a bad experience with us. I have addressed your issues with the Housekeeping team and, due to the location and age of the building and the recent warmer climate, it is unfortunately inevitable that insects appear in and around the hotel quickly. The Housekeeping department do make every effort to keep this to a minimum so our guests can have an enjoyable experience with us.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Came to this hotel for a family wedding in the area. Knew the price was high but decided as a family to spend the money and enjoy our time here in a luxurious hotel. Extremely disappointed at the service, rooms and especially the cleanliness!!! Flies and spiders all over the hallway, bedrooms not up to standards- sofa bed horribly uncomfortable and even normal beds old and very used!! Was told we would be considered a cheaper rate as many of our friends and family were staying here, however apparently this is something they never do! Therefore a false promise was made, and then no apology when it turned out to be wrong. After speaking with the manager who was not very helpful we were offered 20% off which although again we didn't feel was enough, we agreed to. Went to the desk to pay and then realised they had only taken 10% off.... again we had to speak to the manager.
Would never recommend this hotel to anyone unless you want to pay an extreme amount for a stay more tragic than a bedsit.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank annaaarachel

Dear Annaaarachel

I am sorry that you feel your stay was disappointing. We do offer advanced discounted rates which are all subject to availability at the time of booking. We also offer a further discount rate on rooms that are booked for weddings held within the hotel and I believe this is where confusion has arisen from as we have listened to a playback of your call and there was no mention of extra discount on offer.

Thank you again for taking to the time to provide feedback to us. We do take all feedback seriously and endeavour to ensure that all our guests have a wonderful experience at the hotel.

Paul Beswick

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldwark
Oulton Hall & Spa
Rudding Park Hotel
Rudding Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Follifoot
York Marriott Hotel

Been to Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!