We stayed at the Aldwark Manor on 2 occasions in the same week around visiting family who live nearby.
On the second occasion we upgraded to a Q star room and this was well worth the extra money, however both rooms were good. The first, in the modern part of the hotel, had fab views over the golf course. The second, in the original building was big and full of character; as an upgraded room it also had extras such as dressing gowns and a fridge stocked with a small selection of complimentary drinks. Both rooms would have benefited from air con as the weather was warm.
The staff were, without exception, great.
Food is very good. I know dining isn't a race, but there is sometimes an issue getting meals out to customers in a reasonable time. There were always lots of waiting staff so the problem must be in the kitchen. We waited nearly an hour on 2 out of 3 occasions for our first plate of food. Breakfast is fine, but staff need to be more proactive in restocking the buffet rather than waiting until things have run out and they've got a queue of tetchy customers at the hot servery!
We had a pleasant round of golf. As a previous reviewer said, it is a bit tight in places but very picturesque.
Definitely more good than bad and we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aldwark Manor Golf and Spa Hotel is located near York. It is nestled in a picturesque village in between York and Harrogate within the stunning North Yorkshire Moors. Even though this gem of a hotel makes you feel a million miles away, it is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the A59. What better way to take in the views than to play the 18 hole golf course? The challenging course is set amidst gorgeous rolling hills. This hotel is a real mix of old and new. With 53 individually designed bedrooms which are split between the modern contemporary wing of the hotel and the traditional Manor house. If you are staying on business then the hotel has 6 conference and meeting rooms for up to 240 people. What's more the superb grounds covering 100 acres are ideal for team building events. Indulge yourself with an array of treatments at the spa or build up a sweat in the leisure club. Finish off the day with a delicious meal in our award-winning Brasserie, or snack on a selection of tasty nibbles whilst overlooking the manicured golf course in either The Terrace or Squadron Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Booking.com so you can book your Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldwark Manor Hotel Aldwark
- Aldwark Manor York
- Aldwark Manor Hotel York
- Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel