“"Above and beyond the call of duty"”
Review of Rose Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Turunc
Rose Apartments
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Turunc
Upminster, United Kingdom
“"Above and beyond the call of duty"”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

A big thank you to June and Murat of J M Travel, Turunc.
My son had broken his collar bone and we arrived at Marmaris hospital with minimal money and identity.
I telephoned Murat with our circumstances. He arranged for Hussein from the Rose Apart to retrieve our insurance documents and deliver them to him.
(This took a few attempts, due to the stress I was feeling, I was giving them the wrong whereabouts of the docs).
Murat was finally able to fax the necessary information through to the hospital.
My next problem was I had no money to pay the excess charge and get ourselves back to Turunc.
Murat arranged for a member of his team to deliver enough Lira to me. This enabled us to leave the hospital and get back to Turunc, comfortably and safely.
I'm a single parent traveller and this is why for the last 8 years I only holiday at the Rose and rely on my transfers, excursions, money exchange and sound support from Murat, June, Anyur and Hussein.
I've already booked for next year.
Thanks again,
Lesley and Josh.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Lesley M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just back from my first trip to Turkey and it won’t be my last. I now know why my sister keeps returning.
We spent two weeks at the Rose Apart in Turunc. The village has a real charm to it. You leave Dalaman Airport and go up, up, up the mountain and then down, down, down until you come to a little bay at the end of the road and that is Turunc and you feel as though you have entered another world. The Rose is owned by Hussein and Aynur who are the perfect hosts. They made me feel completely at home and when my daughter, who was joining us later in the week, had a mix up with transportation in Istanbul, they helped by sending faxes for me. The apartments are quite spacious with a sofa bed in the living room which worked perfectly for us since I was sharing with my sister. The owners and staff work tirelessly from early morning to late at night and are always friendly and the place is kept spotlessly clean. The hotel is perfectly located, off of the main road but minutes to the village and the beach.
I can’t say enough about the friendliness of the people who live in Turunc, in particular, June and Murat of J & M Travel. Always friendly and helpful, we used their services to book trips and exchange our pounds to Turkish lira and I don’t know what I would have done without their help in retrieving my luggage after my airline, having lost my luggage between Canada and the UK, found it 8 days later and deposited it in Dalaman Airport and made no attempt to deliver it to my hotel. June and Murat kindly used their transport drivers to get it for me.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bren008
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

we have just returned from a fantastic stay at Rosé Apartments. Believe the previous reviews as they are correct! it was the first time we had stayed but after speaking to many, lots had stayed before many times.
We travelled with Thomas Cook, a coach takes you to Marmaris then the rest of the journey to Turunc is by taxi. The ride up then down the mountain at 4 a.m was safe but epic, 16 bends! We were taken to our room by the night watchman. He sorted air con for us and we paid later. It was £70.00 for 2 wks which include the safe box. The rooms were so spotless, by far the cleanest I've ever seen. We had a separate bedroom and our teenage son had a single sofa bed which was fantastic. Our balcony was large and looked out to the mountains. We had the sun in the afternoons. So quiet you could go to bed when you wanted.
The owners Anya and Hussain are so friendly and kind. They always greet you with a smile and genuinely care about you enjoying your holiday with them. Where else would give you fresh grapes from their garden, melon and cakes. Anya noticed my son was lonely and said some lads would arrive soon, and they did. He made lots of friends. Nothing is too much trouble for then. Her catch phrase is "busy, busy, busy."
The food at Rosé is lovely. We sampled the english breakfast, omelettes, pancakes, tuna salad etc. Prices are so reasonable. Food is freshly cooked and well presented.
The pool is all one depth and they have a splash pool which is great for relaxing in. All the pool area is kept very clean, washed down every evening. We could get a sun bed every day of our holiday, no need to put towels out but.... Last day some regular guests had arrived and by 8.30am towels were out in force! We had chosen the correct weeks!))))
The food in the resort is fantastic. Prices are half of that in Icemeler. We mainly ate at a place called Serifes Kitchen. we were recommended it by our rep. Wow, once we had eaten there nothing else could match it. A local family runs it with Ria, an English girl who has met their son. If you want the traditional Turkish dishes you pre order 3 hrs in advance and Serife cooks them esp for you. I would recommend the lamb casserole, chicken cass, sea bream, chicken sauté, grills etc. so tasty and very cheap too. You always get freshly baked bread with meals. The lemon tart or pancakes are divine for dessert. The black cat liquorice is so tame and friendly, she loved my son. The service is fantastic, a visit is a must.
Our rep Racheal was both friendly and polite. Always asking if we were ok if she saw us by the pool. The welcome meeting was good and she didn't push the trips at all.
We booked our trips with June at JM Travel on the Main Street. She comes from Hunstanton! Very nice lady indeed. You can also exchange money there too at good rates. We would recommend The Agean Cruise. It was £ 20 each and this included lunch. June herself accompanies you and it's a fabulous day out.
On the Main Street is a charity shop in aid of the Turunc Cats welfare. They look after the local cats and make sure they are healthy and fed. If you have any toiletries, sun creams or clothes at the end of your stay they can sell them to make money for their upkeep. Also you can visit the cats shelter where a marvellous couple care for sick cats. We sponsored a cat for a year for £30 called stripe. They do such a great job.
The weather was HOT, in the 50s most days. The pool, shade and an Icecream was welcome! We never. Had any mosquito bites at all and they usually love me!
We made some great friends whilst there. Thanks to Lesley, Josh, Ruth, Colin, Katherine, max and Ellie, family from Nottingham and of course Anya, Hussain and son Ali for making our stay so enjoyable.
Karen, Tony and Oliver x

Stayed August 2013
5 Thank tony f
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I have stayed at The Rose many times and each time Anyur and Hussein (who own The Rose) welcome me as if I am returning home. They are lovely people, who are always happy to assist you as much as they can. The Rose is very central and the only decision you need to make each day is whether to stay by the pool or make the 3-4 minute trek to the beach! The apartments consist of a bedroom, separate lounge/kitchen with fridge, kettle and hob for cooking (but eating out is so cheap anyway), shower/toilet and balcony. If you are a family, there are also two sofa beds in the lounge, so they can accommodate up to four people. The rooms are serviced everyday and are spotlessly clean. The pool area and sunbeds are also washed down everyday. I always book direct, and this can either be done through The Rose or
J & M Travel, who organise the transfers and are English speaking. I can highly recommend both.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We recently got back from the Rose Apartments. The apartments are very clean. We had a separate bedroom, bathroom and a lounge are with a small kitchen area and the lounge area leading to a terrace. There is jug kettle in the kitchen area so no need to bring your own. There are sofa/chairs in the lounge area which can be changed into a bed settee. There is a pool and bar area. The pool is 150cm - 160cm in depth which is not ideal for children although there were plenty of rings and lilos. There was always sufficient sunbeds and we were often the first persons around the pool in the morning at around 08:30 - 09:00 so no rush to get towels on loungers like a lot of places we have previously been to.
The only negative comments I could possibly make and this is just being picky is that we like a double bed and a high floor had two single beds and were on the ground floor but this may have been due to Thomas Cook not passing the information on. We did not mention this as the room was in a quiet area and it was very conveniently situated on the ground floor and we just had to walk out of the room to the pool and reception area. I have only marked a rating of 4 for sleeping but this is nothing to do with the apartments just that in Turkey the mosques call Muslims to prayer several times a day and some of these are in the early hours of the morning and I am a light sleeper and woke due to this.
The apartments are family run, the owners are Hussain and Ina (unsure of spelling) are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. They have a teenage son who helped out on some occasions and on several occasions they gave guests fresh grapes, figs etc from their gardens. They were very efficient and very attentive to any needs we had.
We had planned on doing our breakfasts ourselves but the prices at the apartments were so reasonable that we did not bother and ate by the pool area every morning. Fresh orange juice is also available. Prices for breakfast/lunches are extremely reasonable. I cannot recall the price of every item but prices range from 5TL for pancakes to 10TL for Full English breakfast with 2 eggs. There are choices of mixed and cheese omelettes, scrambled eggs on toast, eggs on toast, cheese, chicken or tuna salads, Cheeseburgers, Hamburgers, Chicken burgers, cheese toasties and eggs and chips. We even had bacon rolls and bacon and egg rolls on some mornings. The exchange rate we got was 2.74TL to the £1 which made most breakfasts around £10 the two of us. Beers were 7TL.
The cleaners were excellent and rooms very clean and resort is also very clean.
The resort is not suitable for persons wanting to go nightclubbing etc but there are a few bars serving cocktails and drinks and a lot of different restaurants. There is a nice Chinese restaurant set by the river which is a nice setting and the food is good. Pasha's restaurant serves Turkish, Chinese and Indian food and was very good. We went there twice once for an Indian and once for Turkish. To get to Pasha you turn right out of the apartments and left at the end of the road and the restaurant is a short distance on the right hand side and a little further up there is a market that opens on Mondays selling various fruits, vegetables, perfume, clothing and Turkish delights, honey etc.
Most of the restaurants we visited were along the beach. The beach is only a short distance from the apartments and there is a nice walk along the harbour and you can find the water taxi to the right. The beach is a little stony but we preferred the pool and sunbathed there each day but we did hear good reports of how clean the sea was from other guests and as long as you eat/purchase drinks from the restaurants the sunbeds are free. One of the restaurants we visited three times was OBA 9 which is towards the end of the beach area on the left hand side. They serve a meat dish from a clay pot which they come out from the4 restaurant with it set on fire and when the fire goes out they tap around the clay pot to remove the lid and then serve this food.
We never had a bad meal but we are not particularly fussy eaters. You can get a selection of English dishes and the usual Pizzas and pastas also.
There are various shops selling sunglasses, watches, clothing and the usual gifts and there are also jewellery shops and a hairdresser/barbers for manicures/pedicures/shaves etc and there is somewhere to have a Turkish bath, massage, facial for approximately £25.00 each that is near the Chinese restaurant. There are several supermarkets and these are only a short distance from the apartments.
My gold bracelet broke whilst I was on holiday and Kings Jewellers repaired it within 24 hours for a small charge, they were going to do it for free but we insisted on paying and only paid 20TL which is much cheaper and quicker than in the UK.
We really enjoyed our stay in Turunc and are very likely to go back. We cannot comment on trips or other areas as we did not do any as we just went for a really relaxing break.
We do feel that the owners of the apartments made our holiday feel special and we look forward to seeing them again sometime, they really make you feel at home and it is as if the guests are part if their family. Mehmet who was doing the gardening was even teaching us Turkish words by the end of our stay
I really cannot thank Hussain and Ina enough as they worked very long hours from early in the morning until about midnight if there were quests still wanting a drink.

Room Tip: We had room 101 on the ground floor, the terrace is in a quiet spot at the rear of the pool area and...