“reviews are ridiculously over exaggerated!”
Review of Oz-can Hotel

Oz-can Hotel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Turunc
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Before booking hotel ozcan, me and my friend read the reviews and we wernt massively impressed but we thought we just want a cheapish relaxing holiday so we booked anyway. And all I can say is hotel ozcan Is in a PERFECT location, you have the bars, restaurants, pool, beach,supermarkets, shops, all literally within 10 feet of eachother! What is possibly to complain about?! it was way better than expected, the staff were lovely, some speak better English than others so I assume other people in the reviews took this as rudeness but no...they just didnt speak great English There's a difference. No the food isn't fantastic! But if I'm being honest, every day there were lovely salads, pasta , chicken, cakes, fruit.as I'm not a fussy eater it was good enough! I wouldn't say it was "terrible" I think the only thing that is slightly scary about the whole thing is just getting there! Because you have to go through mountains to get there Where you have to go quite high up and then gradually come back down, so if your ridiculously afraid of heights then maybe not.but it wouldnt have even been an issue if I had known before hand anyway just didnt expect it that was all. I just read some more reviews and I just think it's ridiculous what people are saying it's a standard place, rooms are clean, maids were excellent! What exactly are you expecting :s? The ritz? everyone I spoke to had been to hotel ozcan before! Some had been coming for 5 years! because it's the type of place you want to go back to. There are lovely restaurants aswell if you start to get bored of the food, at a pretty good price to be fair. You can also get a little taxi boat into marmaris which is lovely :) takes about 20minutes and we did that a few times and even had a night out there. I really would recommend this cute little place :) I loved it was really relaxing. Ignore the other reviews! Clearly people who are sooo picky! I personally had no problem about getting beds on the beach etc :s however the very front beds were taken up a few times but who cares lol? All inclusive drinks were white wine, gin, raki, vodka, beer and soft drinks.was abit annoying couldn't have cocktails but all the other bars do those anyway. I was happy having wine spritzers :) hope this helped! I never usually do things like this but reviews just really annoyed me xx

• Stayed: June 2013
10  Thank Amy1500

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We took our first ever holiday together here in September 2007 (review very much long overdue!)

At the time we thought it was great. We stayed all inclusive and got it really cheap, so for what we paid I can't really fault it! We sat on the beach, we swam in the sea and the pool, and were fed and watered for the week. Pretty much what we expected and we were happy enough at the time! Loved getting up early and watching the sunrise from a beach lounger.

We took the boat trip out to see the temple thing carved in the cliff, and went to the natural mud bath, which we really enjoyed.

Hotel was sooo far away from the airport though, took hours to get there.

Room was fine, although inconvenient being on the other side of the street, food was fine, drink was fine, staff were nice, area was fine, can't say much more than that really!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank AmiHoggard
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Arrived yesterday to have the room scam attempted on us. Beware of this and hold your ground. Not nice on your first day believe me, getting the hotel a terrible name. Budget to eat out. We love Turkish food but this is not the problem. The food is low quality. No white wine! Turunc itself remains pretty though. Rooms clean and tidy just tired. The pool toilets are revolting though. OK as a base but nothing more. Luckily we are divers and out most of the time!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Julesandphil
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Just returned back from a weeks stay in Ozcan with my boyfriend, our first holiday together. We arrived early hours of the morning, and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We were shown to our room, average size, only to find out in the morning we were above the washing machine room so was woken up at 6.30 am to the sounds of loud buzzing, so if you stay here do try to get a room that faces the sea.

The worst thing about this hotel is the food and the drink. I know people say you get what you pay for, and what do you expect for 3 star hotel, but seriously. Myself and my boyfriend ate here 3 times in the full week. The food is just disgusting I cannot even comprehend, it doesn't vary either same thing morning dinner and evening. VILE.

The pool is good but there is no sun loungers, just tables and chairs so nowhere to relax, the beach is so overcrowded with umbrellas there is no sun, and if you don't get up at 7am, there's no chance of you even getting a bed.

The drinks there are vile, ended up ill after the beer (I only had 2 pints) everything is bottled and flat.

My advice is Turunc is beautiful place, truly stunning and well worth the visit, but do stay in another hotel.

In regards to eating out, there's a gorgeous little Tapas Bar just round the corner from the hotel that serves beautiful food and was really cheap!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amiee G
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Just returned from a superb holiday in Turunc Turkey, stayed at the Ozcan on an all inclusive
deal.which was excellent value, the rooms where spacious ,clean and the staff just couldn't do enough for us, they even insisted on carry our luggage etc. It was lovely to find a hotel that served genuine Turkish food,,At meal times there was always a huge variety of almost everything with numerous Turkish delicacies, it had been our intention
to eat out on a few occasions but the food in the hotel was nice we had no need too. The hotel is in the centre of turunc with all amenities at hand, with the restaurant and swimming are right on the front.
Turunc is a lovely village,away from the hassle of Marmaris .Will definitely going back as the holiday cost us very little.

Room Tip: try for a room with sea views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank janeheather
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This was our first ever all inclusive holiday and were expecting great things. We usually go self-catering and imagine this type of holiday would be a bit of a treat. Lets just say we will NEVER do it again. We stayed in the original hotel, the one in front of the beachfront one. The hotel itself reminds one of a bygone era. It was clean and tidy, no compaints there. BUT, and its a big but..........
I totally agree with the previous reviews. The staff are appalingly rude and misserable, sour faced and grim. It is only the start of the season and they were already unwilling to help, advise, talk or smile even. God knows what they will be like in a few weeks. The food offered was dreadfull, you couln't even guess what it was. (except the abundance of salad) The drinks were so bad we didnt even drink there in the evening. The red wine was worse than 'sarsons'
None of the staff speak english. There is no info anywhere written in english.
We felt totally unwelcome, as if we were a necessary evil they has to put up with.
Please dont waste your money. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rockyonthemoor
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Brilliant location right on the beach ,room decor a little dated, but overall we had a great 10 day stay .food a bit basic and sometimes repetitive,but for the money you pay you can always eat out .We stayed mid may and the weather was fantastic.Turunc itself is a very small pretty resort without the hassle of other turkish holiday resorts.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view if available
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CHRISL6644
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turunc
Turunc Resort
#4 of 17 in Turunc
Blue Lagoon Hotel Marmaris
Blue Lagoon Hotel Marmaris
#163 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Oz-can Hotel? Share your experiences!