“Hotel okay, but food was poor” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oz-can Hotel

Oz-can Hotel
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Turunc
London
“Hotel okay, but food was poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My first ever trip to Turunc was interesting! I paid for all inclusive at Hotel Ozcan and ate out every day after trying the food for 2 days. It was simply awful. Lack of variety, which looked like mush! The salad was ok. After trying a lunch & 2 evening meals, I ate elsewhere. The hotel looks nice, but unfortunately I told the cleaner not to clean my room on the first morning and she didn't come back until day 6! When I left my towels outside, they were taken & not replaced until I asked reception. However, The cleaners work hard, the place is spotless overall. But the atmosphere generally was sad with unhappy looking guests and staff. The bar staff at pool side acted as if they wanted to be anywhere but serving the guests. I had about 3 drinks and as I said ate out the rest of the week. If I had to I would stay there again, but room only and eat out as the hotel very central and there are loads of places to eat. Also note that it is right near the mosque and some rooms facing the sea overlook a noisy bar with a live singer, singing until early hours. Take ear plugs.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Lisamkay

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed between 22th June to 2nd of July in Oz-can Hotel. I loved to stay in this Hotel. I didnt encounter with any problems with the staff, especially receptionist and manager have been very helpful to me and my gf. Housekeeping was very polite and kept our room very clean. The restaurant staff also was very polite. When I checked-in they first put me in the main building but I asked the manager about moving the other building which is on the seaside, they told me that it is only possible after 1 day, and after 1 day they moved me immadiately. Another thing is food, I saw other comments about food but I think the food was normal I did not see any problems with it. I didnt paid too much money so I didnt expect 5 star holiday but Oz-can was better than I expected.
When I read these comments about the hotel, firstly I doubt it but then I said what the hell its an experience. After spending 10 days at the hotel I understand that the people who comments here are the ones who has high expectations. I have a suggestion to these people go to 5 star hotel with lots of money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John M
England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We booked last minute, ok, a very cheap holiday but even so! When we arrived we checked in and got shown where to eat, don't be fooled into thinking the pool and beach are at the back of the hotel, they are across the road, but thats ok. Our room was basic - I can do basic but not dirty! No pillow cases on the pillows, no toilet roll in the bathroom and it obviously had not been cleaned. It appeared that they had forgotten to make the room up, after that the maids did come in daily. Went across to the All Inclusive bar for 5.00pm to find it shut! The bar/restaurant staff do not speak any English. They have got to be the rudest, most unfriendly staff I have ever come across. No please, no thank you, not a smile. It would seem like they try to make the bar/food area as unwelcoming as possible because they don't actually want you there drinking the drink and eating the food! The food is very basic, salads, sometimes chicken, soup - rice flavoured? Tasteless deserts. Chicken nuggets at lunch times which suits kids I suppose, and nice fresh bread with every meal. After the first night we ate out in restaurants, there are some lovely ones in the area. Several times, we went across for breakfast at about 8.00 to find the staff hosing down the seating area. So you actually had to paddle across to the coffee machine, which served lovely coffee when it was working, more often that not it wasn't, or there would be no cups for juice, I swear they did it on purpose! It would not be unusual to reject 6 cups for coffee before finding a clean one. But it was pointless trying to complain as they speak no English. The only thing they were very efficient as is clearing your plates from your table....usually when you had not finished your meal. Don't pause for a chat because you plate would be gone! The beach is ok, take beach shoes for the sea as you have to walk over rocks to get in. And get there early if you want a sun bed, not unusual for them to be gone by 8.30 am. Our room was at the front of the hotel, the bar opposite had live music every night till midnight, the same female singer singing the same songs.....and that was next door to the mosque which called you for prayers at about 5.00 am. On the plus side, it is a lovely setting, a pretty village. No hassle from the shop keepers, they are polite but not pushy, apparently the mayor has banned it and they can be shut down if they break the law. Worth doing a boat trip, or getting the water taxi down to Icmeler - but don't bother going for the market on the Wednesday as its not there anymore. So worth going to the area, still very unspoilt, avoid the hotel at all costs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MIRANDAUKEngland

Travellers are raving about these Turunc hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotel is well placed in a lovely little resort.The rooms are great and well maintained, they seem to be continuously improving the hotel which some may not like. As all inclusive the free food and drinks were of the quality i think most people expect with the resort serving up what it thinks the (mainly) British and East European clientele like.
The Pool and private beach are top if you're after a lazing by the pool / on the beach holiday
Overall I would definately go back to the Oz-can but would treat it a bit more like a half board and eat and drink out more often as there are some fabulous restaurants and bars in Tunrunc!!!

Room Tip: In our group three friends shared two rooms - we expected two bedrooms and a living area so be caref...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KevJW1999
Newcastle upon tyne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've just returned from a two week holiday at the ozcan hotel well if you can call it that. I've spent my money on eating out for all our meals I don't mind if you feel like eating out on the odd night but having to do this for every meal is appalling to say the least. The food is cold on all evening meals and lunch well if you like carrots and peas you will like the meals their is 3 choices of meals serviced to you by staff and the forth is soup with grease floating.the all inclusive hotel is a joke for drinks to the coke is served by bar staff and it's cheap coke . The fanter is much the same and warm as it is not kept in a fridge it's like it has been watered down to the beer is flat.The rooms are basic but not clean the repairs have been done to a very poor standard and not clean at all I found my self cleaning as the room as it was dusty the electric kept going off most nights had an electrician/ handy man / barman to have a looks nd the bits of plaster he left were their two days later their is damp on the bedroom walls and the bedding was changed once PLEASE DONT BOOK THIS HOTEL IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR HOLIDAY SPOILT

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Kerryhedley
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

we have just arrived back from the ozcan on friday the 20th june this hotel is by far not the worst to be honest did not find it to bad we were not happy with our first room but we saw the manager who moved us without any trouble . our rooms were cleaned every day no matter what time you left which is excellent .we knew we would not eat the food but its cheap enough to eat out .the staff were ok omar a young waiter is a nice lad if you take the time to speak to him his english is very limited but at the end of the day we are in their country you try with them they do there best to understand . if people want 5 star then thats what you have to pay for the ozcan do not charge 5 star prices . all i wanted was a clean bed and room and a drink and thats what we got .

Room Tip: rooms in main building over looking the street as the beach side has no lift .
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chris5562
Egremont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am currently staying at the turnuc ozcan hotel. When we got our luggage and got on the coach it was a 3 hour bus transfer,we were the last drop off. The bus driver got us lost. When we arrived it was about 2 in the morning the receptionist was very impolite never understood good English. They would not give us a drink because the bar had shut. We had to move rooms 3 times as they did not put us in the room we asked for the room we booked and payed for. 3 days later we went and seen the manager and he moved us in to the main building but our other 2 rooms were away for the main bit it was up a back alley way with no lights so it is not very safe. That's were us BRITSH people get put when you arrive late it looks like a youth hostel in the ozcan apart. For alinclusive it is appalling the food is cold at dinner and tea it is the same breakfast every Morning it's continental. The food gets severed to you buy the staff. You get small portions and they twine when you ask for more. It's not even a 1 star for the food and the staff and hotel it should be rated a 2 star! The staff are appalling they are very miserable and they don't have respect for anyone. While you are eating they come and take your plates away and start sweeping your table and under your feet. The bar has about 3 alcohol selection and it opens at 10 and shuts at 5 to do the pool cleaning then re opens at 6.30 till 11! They say it's a on the beach hotel it is not there are a few rooms with a sea view and it's off the beach really. If you don't get put in the 'sea view' rooms or the main hotel bit you get put in slums well that's what it looks like. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!! DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY ON THIS 3 STAR HOTEL IT LOOKS MORE LIKE A 1 STAR HOTEL!!

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Courtneyamosss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turunc
Turunc Hotel
Turunc Premium Hotel
Turunc Premium Hotel
#6 of 16 in Turunc
Diplomat Hotel and Apartments

Been to Oz-can Hotel? Share your experiences!