“Amazing place! ”
Review of Serena Suites

Serena Suites
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend have just got back from a two week half board stay at the serena suites. We enjoyed every minute and are already sure we'll be going back again next summer! The view is by far the best view you can have, the rooms are big, spacious nice bathrooms and balcony. The cleaner came ever day and made the place sparkling for us. The pool side is so relaxing and lots of sun loungers and hammocks to lie on. The pool was clean and very big! As half board we intended to eat there most nights but also try other restaurants as well, but the food every night was so nice, and with the lovely waiter and bar tender and that gorgeous view we ended up eating there every night! The bartender ghokan was lovely to us, he was always do polite and lovely to chat to and very helpful. We had issues where our travel agents actually cancelled our booking by mistake- and serena suites handled it so nicely telling us not to worry and sorted it all for us which was a great relief! Also- I got a very bad allergic reaction, which ended up with me being quite ill, even needing a drip twice during the week. The manager (I never caught her name!) she's a blonde lady (very nice woman) called a doctor for me, and got him to come from marmaris to see me twice during our stay to save me having to go all the way to marmaris by myself, and she was translator for us and the doctor and they all checked on me regularly while I was unwell. Without them I would have been in a much worse situation! So I'm very grateful to them for that. They really did go above and beyond to help us. Receptionist was very friendly, one man who worked there even posted post cards for my boyfriend as he said he was on his way to the post office. The manger also gave us a little gift on our last day.

If you want to stay somewhere peaceful, beautiful, with lovely food and staff then I would highly recommend serena suites. I can't praise it enough!

Thank you so much to all the staff, you made us feel so welcome and looked after, especially when I was sick. And we hope to see you all again next summer!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila843
Serena S, Genel Müdür at Serena Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Greetings from Serena Suites Turunç,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Serena Suites.

I will pass on your compliments to our staff and our chef who pride themselves on providing good service to our guests

It was a great pleasure and a delight to go through your comments and we will not miss to share your compliments with our Doctor on the professional services you received from him.

We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Serena Suites during your next visit to Turunç and do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Your well being is our concern and we shall provide you our best services at all times.

Hulya Tamsen
Serena Suites Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have just returned from our first visit to Turunc and spent 10 nights at Serena Suites and I cannot complain about anything. All credit is due to Hulya and the lovely staff nothing is too much trouble for them. They were all so helpful and friendly and unlike some other hotels I have stayed at in Turkey they were happy to leave you be and be there when you needed them. The rooms were spacious with the most breathtaking views over Turunc, the shower was hot, the kitchen well equipped enough for our needs and the bed was comfortable -what more do you need? The pool was stunning enough for us to stay there every day and gaze at the beautiful views and this comes from someone who always prefers the beach. As it was early in the season it was blissfully quiet and some days it was like having our own private pool. Turunc itself is very small and quiet but that suited us fine. If you are looking for a peaceful relaxing holiday with views to die for and lovely people then this is the place for you. It may not officially have five stars and there is always room for improvement but it's 5 stars from me.
Hello and a big thank you to the Serena team from Julia and Dave!

Room Tip: The higher rooms have a better view, just pray the lift is working!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Julia D

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your nice words here on Tripadvisor. Your comments on why you enjoyed your visit so much covers most areas and it makes us so happy to reed.

I am sure your positive review will be of great help to many travelers, as Turunç is such a fantastic place, no matter what time of the year you are visiting.

When it is time for a new trip, please feel free to let me know. The Serena Suites team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

All the best and warm regards,
Hulya Tamsen

Reviewed 5 June 2014

What a place!!!!!!!
Views are incredible, so breathtaking.
Staff are lovely and happy to help day and night.
Rooms are enormous and very, very clean
Hotel spotlessly clean and cleaners on hand should you need extra anything
Food lovely, and I mean lovely......
Pool area amazing... Lovely shaded area with hammocks
Cannot fault the place it is so quiet and peaceful

After looking around, this is definitely THE BEST HOTEL IN TURUNC, by a mile!!!

I have to mention the views again... INCREDIBLE.

Room Tip: All rooms face he sea so therefore all rooms in my opinion have spectacular views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 10Tom_O
Serena S, Sahibi at Serena Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear 10Tom,

We are so happy that you have enjoyed Serena and announced your "views" about our views and more at TripAdvisor.

We look forward to seeing you again at Serena Suites.
Best regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

THIS PLACE IS PARADISE, HEAVEN....... A TRUE HIDDEN, UNDISCOVERED GEM......

Some reviews are written by holiday makers who have visited a hotel on one occasion. I have stayed at Serena quite a few times now over the years so this review is written with extreme confidence by a person that is very fussy with food

If you are looking for a lovely, relaxing holiday where the food is lovely and the staff excel themselves, where the view is not just pretty but absolutely priceless & breathtaking - then you really must read on.......

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, every time we go back it just gets better and better and I think a contributing factor to this is that the owners are hands on and take pride and interest in this place.

The staff here are a credit to the hotel. A hotel manager who actually cares about your welfare (c'mon, you don't get that in many places!!) - There is a Manager available 24/7 should you need them.

The daytime staff that work here too, their manners are impeccable, I think they must have been to finishing school, they are so unintrusive as well as very, very polite and friendly, it just makes your day to see everyone smiling.

Which ever room you get, you will not be disappointed as they are all SEA VIEW, not just your average sea view either, these views really are breathtaking, 180 degree splendor!

Rooms at this hotel, well, they are not rooms, they are suites and have all just been revamped. Our one bed consists of living room, kitchen area, bathroom and seperate bedroom, it is am spacious apartment with very, very spacious balconies to sit out and gaze the views and hear the birds singing..

This hotel also probably has the biggest swimming pool in Turunc, and the pool area is always so spotlessly clean and tidy. The view from the pool area looks right accross Turunc Bay so your beach view is still in sight even when you are swimming or just lazing in one of the hammocks. This place is Paradise.

Food here is excellent, it just seems that whatever you want, they can do it. The children are also very well catered for with the kids menu, just cannot fault it.

A short walk downhill takes you into Little Turunc, with its restaurants and a few low key bars. This is where the marina is that will enable you to take a boat trip or just relax by the sea.

This holiday is perfect for couples, friends, families and even solo. This place is so safe I would not think twice about going here alone. This place caters for everyone!!

THIS PLACE A HIDDEN GEM WITH UNSPOILT VIEWS AND OFFERS PEACE AND TRANQUILITY. THIS IS A MUST....

Visit their new website, don't just take my word for it.......

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lola123974
Serena S, Sahibi at Serena Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,
You have given us a lot of energy and motivation for Summer 2014 with your detailed and very flattering review. We will do our best to continue living up to it and please our guests to come.
We do appreciate your time and observations.
Hope to see you soon, with kind regards...
Serena Suites

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hubby & I stayed in mid July for 2 wks .We were a bit worried as previous reviews were hit & miss but were delighted at the location & facilities as soon as the sun came up ( we arrived at 4am lol) okay it's not 5* but at the price we paid the view was worth it alone. The food's reasonable & plenty try the steak sandwich it's lovely & also the turkish specials are very tasty too. The walk to the village isn't too bad, I managed it a few times daily & am very unfit ! Had some great nights sitting chatting with our new Dutch friends we met & also the boys who worked there at night many a laugh & discussion we had. The wifi was good by the bar & also by one corner of the pool where the kids could be found facebooking all day! We've just booked again to return for 2wks in Sep, can't wait to see you all again soon Serdir, Mateo & co:-)
Tracey & David, Belfast, N.Ireland .

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank TraceySpaceyT
Serena S, Sahibi at Serena Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Tracy and family,

We were so happy to hear that you had enjoyed your summer at Serena last season. As you mention coming back this year, we could not trace you name in our existing bookings.
We know that one of the agencies we work with had to go under administration after making quite a few bookings. Some of those guest came back through other agencies.
This is all to say that we're here, getting ready for Summer 2014.
If you have had any problems, please let us know by sending a message to our FB page or Serena email address on our website. ( reservation@serenasuites.com)
Hoping to see you in September, best regards
Serena Team

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Was a lovely area very quiet. Regular bus trip out to Marmiris plus a taxi boat. But the suites were to far up the hill And had loads of stairs. Room was far to basic and could have been cleaner. I give it 3 because the veiw is fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank lynsey_mitchy
Serena S, Owner at Serena Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your remarks and observations. Unfortunately we cannot change the geographical setting, and are sorry to hear that you were not happy or comfortable with the stairs. However, we did change the housekeeping staff to make sure cleanliness is maintained throughout the season.
Thanking you for taking the time to write, with kind regards,
Serena Suites,
Manager

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The Serna suites is situated on the side of the mountainous road leading into Turunc. Turunc is a small seaside town about half an hour drive from Marmaris. We've stayed in Turunc several times over the last ten years and whilst there have been some improvements to road surfaces the place has stayed very much unspoiled.

We had a very good deal at The Serena. Our apartment had a courtyard and overlooked the pool. It was clean and adequately furnished. Staff were friendly although the cleaners were a bit sporadic! We ate at the restaurant a few times including the Turkish night when the entertainment including a belly dancer and went on until quite late. We left early and heard people jumping in the pool at midnight!

The hotel is basic, cheap Turkish accommodation so don't expect 5 star. The view is magnificent but the walk back from town is hard going! The hotel has a funicular lift which is not for the faint hearted!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple