“I love this place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loiza
Aquatika Beach Resort
Sparta, Wisconsin
“I love this place!”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This is the place I dream of when I think vacation! The apartment is nice and had enough room for the 6 of us to be comfortable. The view!! You could sit on the balcony and take in the view forever. Just a short walk down to that beach you see from the balcony. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub which was only busy on the weekend which is when they open up the water slides,etc. I loved just hanging out there during the week. It almost feels like you have the whole place to yourself. They were cutting the coconuts off the trees while we were there and we were able to grab one to crack open and eat. There were little lizards running around and we even saw a couple of Iguana's. Walmart is only a few miles away if you need to pick up some groceries, which is really nice since you have a place to cook. There is also a nice grill on the balcony. This is the second time I have stayed at this condo. If I could choose only one place to vacation, this would be the place. It is a little piece of Paradise! Thank you Damaris for opening your home to us. We hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: The unit I was in faced the beach. It was beautiful!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank JudyJackson54656

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We had a fabulous month at Aquatika. While the surrounding neighborhood doesn't offer much, the resort itself is very well equipped. We loved having a kitchen to cook for ourselves, lots of pools, and easy day trips to all kinds of things including the rainforest, Luquillo beach, San Juan, and Arecibo.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tagrup
LaPointe, WI
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Cathy and Yamil were excellent hosts for us. The condo had all the conveniences of home and was very well kept. The kitchen is well stocked.
We had a great time at the beach and lounging in and out of the many pools and hot tubs. The grounds and gardens are beautiful. Overall a wonderful family trip!
Thanks so much for the extra efforts to make our stay enjoyable!

5 Thank DeenaS427
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Myself and 6 others stayed at this resort. The landscaping is amazing and well kept. It's nice to have a private beach. The security staff are very welcoming. We rented from Freddy in unit 4701. He is very accommodating. The pools are refreshing, but I would of liked for the hot tub to be hot.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Yianna Z
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Just home from Puerto Rico to chilly NJ! Our family enjoyed a wonderful and relaxing trip to Aquatika. We were in unit 2601 and Yamil and Cathy had everything we needed for a wonderful time! There were 6 of us that stayed in the unit and it was plenty spacious. We shopped at the Walmart for groceries and had fun cooking and eating in each night. The kitchen had all the pans and plates etc. that we needed. The kids really loved all the pools and we enjoyed that the place was not too busy till the weekend. We had the pool in front of the unit pretty much to ourselves so it was a real treat. The idea of staying in a gated community was comforting and we felt very safe there. The grounds are beautifully manicured and the pools were clean and nice. The waterslide was a HIT on the weekend and the jacuzzi was a treat at night. Aquatika provided the perfect relaxing long weekend we needed! If you enjoy the view of palm trees from a pool chair and just unwinding from the hustle and bustle of everyday life than check it out. We found it a great launching pad for sight seeing and it gives you a real great flavor for local living in a safe and clean environment. Our kids loved it too and can't wait to go back next year!!!

5 Thank lisab130
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My family and I went to Aquatika for a week from 24-31MAR2013. We had such a great time! We were 7 persons total : my parents in their 60ies, my 2 sisters, brother in law and I in the 30ies and my 2.5 years old nephew. All of us, even if in total different age ranges had a blast! Aquatika is perfect for family time or good times with friends. I am already planning my next trip there with my friends in a couple of months.

We stayed in unit 3803. It was the perfect size for all of us, even a little big! We did not use at all the mezzanine. Only down side: There was not dishwasher.

Aquatika is well located. We rented a car for the entire week. It was really easy to go to the grocery store, to drive to the amazing park El Yunke and even to drive to Old San Juan and Bacardi Rhumerie. I was told by other people who went there before that people on the island were bad drivers but I have to say it is not true at all. Driving on the island is really easy and simple and drivers are not worst than anywhere else. Furthermore, Cathy and Yamil took us at the airport on the day of our arrival on in Puerto Rico. We really appreciate it!

I definitely recommand Aquatika for your next vacations!

3 Thank mdrolet
Clarksville, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Just got back from PR yesterday. There were 5 of us: me, my wife, my son, my daughter, and a girlfriend of my daughter. I must say that some of the reviews below, made my wife and daughter a bit hesitant about going to Aqautika, but I was confident that the bad reviews were from "picky" people, who need to stay in a gated resort and never leave the compound without being in a large group of tourists. WOW! Was I ever right! The ocean-front condos at Aquatika were fantastic and the beach was super. It's a gated community of condos, so everyone who stays here gets a key to open the gate to the beach and to get back into the compound. We never had more than 7 other people on the beach with us and most of the time, we were alone. If you wanted to find some trash, you could, but not on the beach itself. I guarantee you'll find as much anywhere, if you look. There's a really quaint little local "bar/dive" right beside the beach to the west, but unfortunately, it was only open on weekends. A great place to experience local cuture, as are ALL of the kiosks that you find along the roads. We got our beer and wine at a local liquor store just outside the gate. The people we met were great. We heard some locals in the community next door doing free-style rapping a couple of evening, but they always stopped well before 9pm. The stray dogs were a treat. Everyone has names for them and they seem are well-fed and friendly, even though they're just drifters. We used 187 to travel, whenever we went west (toward San Juan). The beaches and the kiosks from Loiza, through Pinones, to Isla Verde were really great to visit. We drove up into El Yunque, walked around Old San Juan, took a catamaran day-trip, and visited lots of local stores and kiosks and we NEVER had a problem or felt uncomfortable. My advice is DON'T let other people tell you what is good or bad! If you want to visit an island, you should experience the culture and the people, not lock yourself in a resort and take organized tours. Do it yourself, just use common-sense! Make your own arrangements, enjoy the experience, and save a bundle by doing so! Remember: opinions are based on personal experience. You learn nothing by depending on the opinions of others! Cathy and Yamil Seda were wonderful hosts and were there, whenever we needed anything.

8 Thank Lanny S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loiza
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort
The Tarpon's Nest Lodge
Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa
No photo provided
Nautical Dream
Nautical Dream
#3 of 3 in Loiza

Been to Aquatika Beach Resort? Share your experiences!