“Fantastic food & superior service”
Review of El Nuevo Acuario

El Nuevo Acuario
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Loiza
Price range: US$10 - US$49
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food & superior service”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was in Puerto Rico for a week and ate here 4 times! The seafood was fresh, seasoned and cooked to perfection. The monfongo! No words for how good it was! And I can't forget about the lobster empanada.

The drinks were delicious and the service was superior. Leo and Ema will treat you like family. They even let us borrow beach chairs to go to a beach nearby.

The restaurant can be hard to find, so you may want to call to get directions.

Don't leave PR without eating here!

1 Thank Rae O

“You Must Eat Here!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This place cannot be beat. I absolutely LOVE the food. The Tripadvisor reviews led me to this restaurant but the food kept me coming back. We definitely ate there at least 4 times over the week. I traveled all over the island. This, by far, is the freshest seafood I had in Puerto Rico. The reviews are 1000% accurate. Leo and Ema will treat you like family. Leo even shared his favorite spots around the island with us. When you go, have a lobster empanada for me!

It can be tricky to find at first but just call Leo at 787-662-8258. He will guide you there. The next time I land travel to Puerto Rico this will be my first stop. It is located near the airport.

Bronx, New York
“Mofongo to Die for”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was sad we didn't eat here until our last day but the Trifongo was amazing. Everything was made fresh and the food was well prepared. As if the food wasn't enough their homemade sangria was one of the best drinks on the island.

• Visited August 2014
Waxhaw, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome fresh seafood..best service and ride back to the Ritz!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is by far the best fresh seafood I have had in Puerto Rico... short distance to most hotels and it is on the beach... nothing fancy here just unreal food... I thought I knew how to cook? Leo and his help do it right I just told him what we liked and he went back and crafted the best appetizers with octopus, calamari, plantains, and more... the main dishes fried red snapper with rice and conch and mufungo??? with garlic lots and lots and spread on top lobster and surrounded with shrimp... we had to ask the Ritz to store some in their fridge!!! You can really eat 5 star quality for little... get out of the hotels and go local!! We head back on Monday he is making me short ribs my cousins Mom use to make... special for me!! Go!!!

1 Thank Fran B
“Absolutey Perfect!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were referred to this place by our server, Kevin from another restaurant in Isla Verde and he said we would be treated like family here...he could not have been more right! The food was perfect (it tasted as if it were caught that afternoon), the drinks were great (and strong) and the owner Lenny was AWESOME. It was a little slow when we were there, so he was able to sit down and chat with us for a while (luck of the draw, I suppose). We couldn't have asked for a better night, it was exactly what we were looking for. It felt far enough away from the tourist bubble, yet only a short ride away.

We will definitely be back...so Lenny get ready!

3 Thank Josh B