We found this resort after stopping in the Restaurant for lunch when visiting Madeira Park. Food is excellent in the restaurant by the way and about CAD60 per head for 3 courses with drinks.
Accommodation is arranged into 3-4 buildings each with apartment style rooms. We looked at a few when checking the place out for our stay. It seems that each has 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, dining area and sitting area, all spacious and very comfortable. The place has only been open a year and it shows. Kitchen has everything you'd need to cook any meal. We stayed in an end unit which has the advantage of another wall of windows (the extra $20 per night is worth it!). There are also a couple of units that have a downstairs family room which is about the size of the main floor sitting area and some have a juliet balcony. Both good for sleeping kids. Beds are the pillow top variety so very very comfortable.
Jacuzzi and pool are both heated and outdoors and good for late night dips when it's cold as well as daytime in the sun. Gym has a couple of runners and a couple of resistance machines but nothing too extreme.
Parking space per unit plus a couple of extra spaces for guests. Shops are just round the corner (market place IGA, couple of cafes) and Sechelt is about 25 minutes drive with lots of shops, Starbucks etc.
Great view from all units it seems of the harbour area, hills in the background, marina and the sun really sets it all off. Sun sets over the harbour area and this is great too.
The resort was full on our first night but you wouldn't know it. There are about 50 units but it never seemed even remotely busy. There are no activities on the site apart from the Spa, which seems good. Pender Harbour area is quiet and you'll need a car to get to the interesting parts, walks etc, but then you'll need a car to get to the resort as it's 1 hour from the ferry at Langdale, 30 minutes from Earls Cove.
We have a 2 year old and she sleeps in the main room with us because there is space and we can enjoy the rest of the unit while she gets off to sleep. Another couple can comfortably sleep in the other room with the main bathroom adjacent. There is an iron etc, washing machine and dryer, dishwasher, toaster, kettle, coffee machine... the list goes on, you won't be disappointed with the equipment.
All in all we are attracted here because of the standard of accommodation, the fact that you can look after yourself, the great restaurant, the views, the quiet and the value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Painted Boat Resort & Marina is the premier resort on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, Canada. Located two hours from Vancouver /Horseshoe Bay via BC Ferries and Highway 1, the Resort features 31 west-coast inspired, 2-bedroom/two bath villas on the oceanfront, each complete with a kitchen, patio and barbecue. Painted Boat offers an infinity pool(open seasonally), hot tub, fresh regional cuisine at The Lagoon Restaurant (open seasonally), a fitness center, and on-site kayak rentals. The Resort is home to the only full service luxury spa and wellness garden - open year round - on the Sunshine Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Painted Boat Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Painted Boat Hotel Madeira Park
- Painted Boat Resort Madeira Park, Canada - Sunshine Coast