“Beautiful, Serene getaway”
other travellers have booked this property

Rustic, wraparound porch, wild garden.
The Perch at Moon Dance - See separate listing. The Cabin: Soaker Tub for Two by the the queen size pillow-top bed.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent

Rustic, wraparound porch, wild garden.
The Perch at Moon Dance - See separate listing.
The Cabin: Soaker Tub for Two by the the queen size pillow-top bed.
Sedums in bloom in the rockeries of Moon Dance.
The Cabin: Wood Stove, great art, windows and light and cathedral ceilings.
The Cabin: Full Kitchen with lots of appliances and cooking utensils.
The Cabin: Wrap around porch on Oyster Bay
The Cabin: Wrap around porch.  Watch the tides or read a book but be sure to relax!
Cockles & rock at low tide.
The Cabin: Bathroom with shower for those too busy for the Soaker Tub for Two!
Winter frost at high tide in Oyster Bay
The Cabin: Loft bedroom and the cathedral ceilings extending over the living room.
Tidal Basin Twilight in Oyster Bay
Snowshoeing?
The Cabin: From the living room into the kitchen and up to the loft and that soaker tub for two.
Cabin rockery.
The Cabin Porch and dappled light reflecting of the water in Oyster Bay.
Low tide on Oyster bay attracts eagles, ravens and crows all competing for exposed treats.
Starfish in the tidal basins at Skookumchuck Rapids.  A pleasant hike but make sure of your timing.
Visit our up to date Availability Calender at MoonDance.travel or e-mail us with your desired dates.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Katie K
“Beautiful, Serene getaway”
Reviewed 30 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This was a very peaceful getaway. It allowed my husband and I to recharge from busy city life. It was so beautiful to wake up to the light of the sunrise on the lake right outside the cabin windows. It is close to a coffee shop, some great restaurants, and amazing hiking and water activities. The cabin itself was great- I loved the wood stove and the large soaking tub. It even has a full kitchen. I left behind a necklace and Kathleen was quick to notify me- before I had even noticed! She mailed it back to me right away. We will definitely be coming back!

Tim A
Whistler, Canada
“Private little beautifully built, cabin with an amazing view!”
Reviewed 18 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We recently stayed at the Moon dance cabin, and absolutely loved it! Kathleen was a pleasure from booking to after check out. I will be back!!

Kelly V
“Perfect Getaway!”
Reviewed 26 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We had a wonderful stay at the cabin. Everything was perfect, the cabin is beautiful and cozy and the scenery was abosolutely stunning. We're already planning a return visit. I would recommend the cabin to anyone, you will not be dissapointed!

azepeski
Langley, Canada
“Little Piece of Heaven”
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Loved every minute of our stay at The Cabin at Moon Dance! Especially enjoyed the view, the wood burning fireplace and the soaker tub in the upstairs loft bedroom. Bit of a walk down the path to get to the cabin but absolutely worth it to be so close to the water. We will definitely be booking again in the future.

HSPtravel...
Vancouver, Canada
“Tranquil, beautiful, and glorious nature all around”
Reviewed 1 January 2017 for a stay in July 2016

This review is far overdue, but I really wanted to share my experience of staying at this magical spot. My husband and I stayed at the cabin at Moon Dance from July 16-25, 2016. We were escaping our hectic lives in Vancouver and wanted to have a very low key and relaxing holiday. Moon Dance fit the bill perfectly.

Kathleen was so quick in responding to us from our first interaction onwards and Brent welcomed us upon our arrival. We appreciated Kathleen's patience with all of our questions as it was our first time to visit this area.

As introverted HSPs, we really value our down time and love our privacy. I appreciated that Kathleen and Brent were there if we needed them but otherwise we felt like we had our own private cabin for 10 days. While their other house "the perch" I is on the property with the cabin, we felt like we were far enough away to feel secluded and didn't hear the people staying there. We like that we had exclusive use of the waterfront while we were staying (there was a sign asking the perch guests to not walk past the cabin property to the waterfront while guests were there), definite benefit of staying in the cabin.

This is a magical property. It is so quiet and peaceful, and we loved sitting out on the deck day after day listening to nature all around us. The cabin itself was spotless and had everything we could possibly need. We did a big shop at Costco in Vancouver and made food to enjoy it on the patio every day. There is also a local grocery store very close by if you run out of anything.

The cabin is bright, the furniture is so comfy, and I especially loved the huge soaker tub upstairs in the bedroom with views of the trees. It easily fits two people and we loved soaking in the tub with the music playing and sipping wine. I loved the music she had ready to go, it put us right in vacation mode upon arriving and we loved that there were speakers throughout the cabin so we had music in every room. The bed was super comfortable and I can honestly say that I never felt more rested during any holiday in my life. With no traffic or city noise to wake us up, we slept almost ten blissful hours each night! We had all sorts of plans to explore the area but we couldn't bring ourselves to leave the cabin for the first 8 days, which was a new record for us. It was such a gift to stay here and recharge from our usual stressful and busy lives.

We looked forward to watching the water come in each day from the patio at different times depending on the tides. While we were there, we generally found that we woke up to tidal/mud flats (with 1/2 exceptions) with the water coming in between 3:00-6:00 pm each day. The water would stay until we went to bed and then out it went again. We did try to explore the tidal flats while the water was out but found the mud was so dense/sticky that it kept pulling my rubber boots off so we didn't venture out that far. In a perfect world, the cabin would have a water view 24/7 as it is so beautiful when the water does come in but it really did make you appreciate and anticipate its arrival every day.

We really appreciated how fully stocked the cabin was, it even had candles for our romantic dinners each night.

We did end up doing a few local hikes in our last few days...really easy compared to the grouse grind with far better views from the top! And we also did the slo cat sunset boat tour which was spectacular (see my other review if interested).

What a magical spot this is, I highly recommend staying here!

Bradley H
New Westminster, Canada
“Beautiful cabin tin the woods on the bay!”
Reviewed 4 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

This is our second visit to the Moon Dance cabin. We spent a lovely weekend. Even though it was cloudy and chilly outside, the many windows and the skylight let in lots of light all day long. The wood stove added to the warm and cheery interior. This was the perfect place to get away from the city and relax, it felt like we were alone on the bay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Watching the ducks and loons on the bay
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Tamlen
“The cabin at moondance”
Reviewed 14 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

A wonderful amazing retreat to enjoy some much needed time away from it all..
All the ammenities and beyond with all the comfort...thankyou and now we have found our place to go back to again and again...worth every penny well spent

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing