This is the first time we have booked a holiday purely on word of mouth recommendations and to be honest just before we went we had a severe bout of the jitters. Bad press about review sites and the Greek civil unrest did add to the worry.
However, we needed not to have worried as this hotel lives up to its hype.
It's hard not to be too clichéd when reviewing this hotel, they say first impressions are the lasting and Yvette ensured that 100%. She was so welcoming after our 50 minute taxi ride and immediately took all the stress away. We were led to the outside seating area where we were served with a tray of drinks and able to soak up the beautiful surroundings.
Only some 10 minutes in our room the ever so lovely Galin served us with a fresh fruit platter, ice cream and bubbly all laid out on a white tablecloth on the balcony. We has never experienced such attention on a family holiday before and we soaked it up.
We had to move rooms after one week as there was not availability for two weeks in the one room at the time we booked, again we were a bit hesitant but it was a seamless move. We initially stayed in room 15 which had a fantastic sea view and we then moved into a larger family suite room 6, which was very spacious but not quite the fantastic view of room 15 but that really didn't matter too much.
Rooms are very well appointed with top quality fittings. All the communal areas are equally well appointed and spotlessly clean. Beach towels are provided and if you want to you can change them every day without any hassle at all.
All the staff without exception are wonderful; Galin, Julian, Mihial, Silviu and the very witty Cristiano the bar man, also the lovely girls at the Mango Bar. Nothing and we mean absolutely nothing is too much of a problem, Kostas has a great team! Kostas himself is a very visible presence and is a very charming man and furthermore many of his staff expressed a great deal of respect for him so that says something!
The location of the hotel is great and Aghios Stefanos is a pretty resort, we would recommend hiring a car to see the other close by resorts as there are some other pretty areas. We also hired a boat which was a great way to get around the local coves and beaches.
Some years back there was an advertising campaign in the UK by Carlsberg with the strap line " If Carlsberg did..........., well if Carlsberg did holidays they would need to visit the Delfino Blu first!!
Thank you Kostas, Yvette, Galin, Julian, Mihail, Silviu, Cristiano, Mango Bar team & houskeeping staff you are wonderful x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delfino Blu is a small boutique hotel that will bewitch you with its beautiful simplicity. It is amphitheatrically built at the foot of a hill by one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. Particular attention has been drawn to details and aesthetics, combining Corfiote tradition with modern living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Delfino Blu Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Delfino Blu Boutique
- Delfino Blu Boutique Agios Stefanos
- Delfino Blu Boutique Hotel Corfu/Agios Stefanos