“A new favourite place in San Stefanos!”
Review of Terezas Hotel

Terezas Hotel
Norfolk England
“A new favourite place in San Stefanos!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Many times in SS but first time here. Came with daughter (25) for an escape... Usually come with hubby and do loads of walking but this time I chose the Tereza because I was under starters orders for a relaxing holiday without the 'hill'. It's always a little uncertain when you come away alone with grown up children. Well I don't do reviews but this place is really super. Room was huge and airy, big enough to practice Greek dancing to the fridge and back. New mattresses and new bathroom. No scraping chair noises from anywhere. The main bar and restaurant are extremely pretty, there are comfy chairs with cushions ( not the normal white plastic), decking flooring and lots of plants and palm umbrellas - very Elle decoration. Amazing black and white photos of father dancing. it's a great lounging about place and as clean as a new pin. The music is excellent too so the whole ambience is tops. The pool is very pretty and there are enough loungers as there is also a little garden area with palm trees. As you come from the beach you can wash off your feet at a hosepipe near the steps, which is great when you are all hot and gritty.
The girls who do the bar and cleaning are very sweet and the owners, Fannis and Leo are lovely and very helpful and friendly.
The Greek night needs a page of it's own. It's just awesome, and I have been to quite a few...I think.. Daughter gave it mega marks.
Sorry I haven't put in much practical info , I think it's been covered very well by other guests. Just one , this is the only Greek hotel I have ever stayed in that has a plug socket by mirror over dressing table!
I am so pleased to have stayed here, and would come back in a shot. I'm lucky to be coming back on a walking hol in Sept and shall be taking hubby in for a recce.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank MrsSnaps

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
north east england
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were greeted by Fannis one of the sons and took to our room by Anna a very nice girl who cleans the rooms and assists at breakfast....we went down a couple of paths up 15 steps to 23 our room..

.It was very clean, plenty of wardrobe space, sofa, kettle,cups and a little fridge...there were plenty of hangers and the bathroom had a shower cubicle in it with a square window that opened fully so you can enjoy the view whilst showering, no toiletries are supplied, towel changed every three days and bins emptied every day...sometimes especially on change over days the girls were really rushed so dont be surprised if they turn up after 5 o clock....The balcony looks onto the front block of rooms but isnt right on top of you and has two chairs and a table and the air con unit which is quite noisy but does the trick splendidly.We were lucky with our neighbours at each side and above who were quiet like us.

The breakfast choices are chosen from a list eg sausage, beans and egg or greek yogurt,honey and croissants or scrambled egg, beans and tomato you pick one of these and also get toast/jam and tea/coffee. Its a most relaxing breakfast. We stayed for a couple of evening meals they are great and well priced we loved the lamb chops We were blown away by the view and the whole setting eating our evening meal and service was great, the tables and chairs comfy...total bliss.

The pool area is lovely with palm trees and plenty of sunbeds with no one putting towels on beds.. well only one couple (you know who you are)also there is a grassy area just off the side of the pool. Drinks are reasonable but a large bottle of water is 2 euro whereas at ASPAS supermarket at the bottom of the hill its 50 cents and they are so friendly in there.

The only niggle and it is tiny is the cats.... the hotel have an area to feed the feral cats I don't know if this is to stop people leaving food all over the place or what but the cats are all over and under our room are what could be lovely flowers bed but the cats have taken over and lie and whatever else in them one of the guests from previous years actually knew what cat was what and who had kittens and they had bowls for them!!!

The hotel is up a bit of a hill but not to bad the beach is down a lot of steps but there is various ways down to it and it is soooo clean hardly a pebble or seaweed in sight .Most of the guests were returning guests and I can see why...the family will help you out if they can indeed one young woman was badly bitten by mosquitos the daughter in law went to the next village for some medication for her.

The resort is low key with plenty of tavernas, a few bars with tribute acts nothing really for children...I just loved it and I left my heart there don't ask me why I just did and would I go back well I haven't been back anywhere abroad but yes I will in a heartbeat...

Room Tip: The less mobile need a ground floor room as no lifts The front block of rooms face the pool and bar...
3 Thank polly45
Kelso, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Teresa's hotel ,family run ,superb position ,best view and sunset in the village ,nothing ant trouble for the staff ,front rooms have been refurbed to a high standard walk in shower wet room ,very vice food plenty of choice for breakfast ,it's a walk up the hill but not too difficult ,only heard 1 person moaning on holiday was a late booker and she expected to be treated the same as folk who had booked 12 months in advance .all in all 1st class

Room Tip: Book early
2 Thank squeejy
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have just got back from a weeks stay at the highly recommended Thereza hotel. We booked because of the fantastic reviews this place had,I am not an extremely fussy person but work hard all year and save hard for a good holiday and always scroll through the reviews to try and find a suitable place?? The Thereza lived up to the excellent reviews it has received and at the end of the week my missus and I even tried to find a negative point....which after a hard thought could,not find one!!
We were welcomed and shown to our room which was a double on the ground floor facing the pool,20 steps from the pool and 30 to the bar! the rooms are big,clean with high ceilings,a bathroom which was more of a wet room,all finished off to a high standard.Our first thoughts were that being so close to the pool & bar was that it would be noisy at nights but all music is kept to a low level and with good quality double glazing once shut it is really quiet.
As we met all the family and staff during our stay we were always greeted with a smile and they always had time for a chat.
There was a large choice from the breakfast menu every morning which was quickly served with smile & the evening meals were very good and reasonably priced.
The Thereza is situated half way up a hill which is a little bit steep but not as bad as what I thought it would be according to some of the reviews but it is well worth it when you can sit by the pool in the evenings amongst the palm trees having a glass of vino watching the sun going down between the islands.
San Stefanos is not a busy place,there are no clubs but there are some fantastic traditional greek tavernas and restaurants serving all the traditional greek dishes but there is also some places that serve English menus if that is what takes your fancy??
Our favourite restaurants were the mediteranaen village,2 asteria and o manthos which all served fantastic freshly caught fish which the owners were so proud of. I was particularly impressed with 2 asteria as I received a free carafe of wine on the house with the carafe of wine that I ordered with my meal( the walk back up the hill back to the hotel took slightly longer that night)
The beach is a beautiful curved bay with a couple of tavernas,sun loungers,water sports but also quiet enough if you need to get away from the world,but just a word of warning that if you have kids try not to venture too far to the right as there seems to be an unofficial nudist beach.
Half way along the bay there is a small stream that runs on to the beach where near the reads you can feed all the turtles there that seem to have made it there home.The beach is perfect for families as you can walk out a long way and still only be up to your thighs in water.
We have been to a few greek nights over the years but can honestly say that the one they put on at the Thereza is by far the best,good food and all the family,friends,bar staff and all the guests join in and was a top night!!
Plenty of walks in and around San Stefanos to surrounding beaches and villages off the beaten track which have truly breathtaking views,We took a boat trip to Paleokastritsa from the harbour for 20 euros through San Stefanos travel which is situated at the end of the bay just off the beach as they seem to give better price than booking through Thomson.
We are in our forties but there were a mixture of age groups staying at the Thereza,A lot of people that we got speaking to over the week have been going there for years.I have always said that I would never go back to the same place as I like to explore and meet different people but we are certainly returning back to the Thereza as it was perfect for us!
So to all the family and staff who worked so hard with a smile all the time that made my best holiday in corfu,can I just say "thank you! an will see you again!"

8 Thank Sally B
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Teresa Hotel,Great location,friendly and helpful staff,good breakfast choice,and rooms are cleaned to a high standard.I have stayed here before,in the same floor level rooms 16 to 22,but it was last minute booking last time and i accepted what i had been given.This time however i booked stating that we wanted a room with a balcony,what did we get,yep,floor level room 19,feral cats running about,dropping dead birds vermin etc outside your door,plus their toilet places are nearby,also the air conditioning unit in the balcony flat above was leaking onto us,i know its BB,but remember all you get is a kettle two cups,two glasses ,spoon.We would stay here again but only if we had a balcony flat,i will definatly check the number flat i stay in if i come back!Great tavernas nearby,plenty of choice,we liked the Little Princes,excellent service,good holiday, bar the accomodation.

Room Tip: Dont pick any rooms 16 to 22,all ground floor!
3 Thank Billboy102
Durham
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Asked for a pool view and a high floor and that's what we got. The room was really nice, recently refurbished and the bathroom was the best I've seen in Greece! Wet room look almost. From a practical perspective, air con is 35e per week and the safe in room is 7e per week; there is a cashpoint in San Stefanos, towards the beach by san stefanos travel and the supermarket. There a quite a few supermarkets, varying prices but all pretty reasonable too and not far away. Pool bar prices, including food are very reasonable and good portion sizes. (i.e. glass of wine 2e, club sandwich big enough to share was 4.50e)... (It would be nice if the pool bar sold bottled water 6 packs at a reasonable price. At 2e a large bottle it's just not worth it, but it does mean you have to trek up 6 bottles from the supermarket down the hill! not a big hill at all just would be a nice touch if they were to sell it on site)

There are loads of nice restaurants, my favourite was the Romanza, turn right out of the apartments and up a small hill. The walk is worth the sunset views and the 3 course set menus at 10.50e is superb. Best food we had whilst away and great attention to detail. Check out the cocktail bar, 'Summer Dream'. Plays chill out music and is effectively a garden filled with flowers and butterflies. Gorgeous place.

Room Tip: Pool view = sunset view.
9 Thank DurhamPurpleHaze
London
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here for one week.We are impressed about the hotel. It's excellent with panoramic views and the staff very friendly and helpfull. We tried the food and the cocktails, very good indeed!! The family It's great and you could not want for anyone more nice than Fanis and Bianca who btw are amazing together! We definitely intend to return!!!

• Stayed June 2014
#3 of 14 in Agios Georgios
Corfu Palace Hotel
Corfu Palace Hotel
#4 of 10 in Corfu Town

Been to Terezas Hotel? Share your experiences!