“Nice studios”

Ranked #2 of 3 Lourdas B&B and Inns
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Nice studios”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We spent 8 days in these studios and enjoyed that very much. Room was nice with a big balcony and had all the standard stuff inside (two beds, wardrobe, small cooking hob, shower and toilette) that we are used to have in Greek's studios.

There was cleaning, but sometimes they changed bed sheets and sometimes not, the same with wiping the floor - actually they did once during our stay. Towels were changed every 3 days, garbage bins were emptied every day.

These studios have a swimming pool with clean water, even though it was mid of June, temperature was just about right. There is also a taverna (restaurant) with good quality, even though there is more much better on this beautiful island.

There is a beach few minutes of walk down the hill, it looked nice, however we rather visited other beaches on the island as we had a car. By the way, there is free parking available next to studios.

They also have WiFi, but the signal is in a restaurant and around the swimming pool. It hardly reaches some rooms on the ground floor, other floors do not have signal at all.

In general, we enjoyed the stay and would recommend, specially for the price they charged (we payed cca 20 EUR per night).

Room Tip: We had a room with a view to the hill, not the sea view. This had a huge balcony which was much bett...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michal K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My father is from Kefalonia and i decided to have my wife and 3 kids stay at a hotel and we chose this one. We booked for 6 nights and realised we will only be staying 5 nights. I spent a whole day trying to call the hotel in the office and the mobile provided with no luck to advise we will only stay 5 nights and not 6. Eventually got through and the owner told me he is too busy to answer the phone.

On our arrival we realised there is no front desk and no reception.

We realised there was no lift and we had to walk up a hill to get to the ground floor and then carry our luggage up 3 flights of stairs.

I decided to have my father stay 3 nights to allow my wife and I time to go out and see the nightlife while my father looked after the kids.

We had the toilet one night whistle and screech where my whole family didn't sleep.

The fridge didn't work and my daughter's medicine was ruined.

The owner had the cleaners sleeping in a room inside our room and we were told to keep quiet and to have our kids stay quiet during the day because the cleaners need to sleep.

There was very little to no hot water at times when we wanted to shower our kids.

The day before check out I went to see the owner who works in the restaurant and we got into a heated argument because he wanted to charge me for a night we did not stay. In addition he advised me that he was going to charge me for my father staying as this is an extra person. He failed to advise me of this the first day my father stayed as he was aware of it and chose to tell me on check out. He did not want to compensate me for the fact his fridge ruined the medicine and provide a discount for the night we had the toilet issue. He did not want to do this. His argument was we should have called him during the night. Very hard when he doesn't answer his phone or have a front desk/reception. To my knowledge there was not even a phone in our room to call.

We got into a heated argument and yelled at me and then told me to piss off and he is not charging me. I made it clear to him I wanted to pay however what I believe is fair and reasonable and he would not accept it other than to tell me to piss off. So I left accepting his offer.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. Stay away as there are many beautiful little hotels and resorts around the area and island that will give you the service you deserve.

Thank you.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank pandg123
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I believe, we were the first diners in this restaurant this year, and I must say that my dining experience did exceed my expectations.

That night we did not even plan to go for a diner, it was just a walk around, but because of a very warm welcome by the owner Marinos, we could not resist. The service was just excellent, as well as the whole atmosphere of the restaurant (traditional ambience and music) And it caused that I cannot really comment on the food as because I was so impressed with the service, I forgot to focus on my plate as well. But it was traditional homemade greek cousine.

Well done to the whole team! I strongly recommend this restaurant!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marta K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Me and my sister stayed here for just over a week in September. Everything about the place was brilliant. Lourdas itself is perfect for a get away from it all break, quiet village with a few tavernas. We had a lovely room over looking the pool and spectacular sea views. The rooms are clean have a small kitchen and are very quiet!
The food in the restaurant downstairs was lovely, fresh ingredients , excellent service and the price of wine is incredible. The best thing about this place is the location as you are at the edge of the village which means you have a choice of two beaches that are about 2kms away both are lovely, one is quiet with lovely waters, beach bar and one taverna. The other is only slightly busier with more fish restaurants with a beautiful walk down to the sand via some tropical hills...don't forget to stop off at the vinatge cafe on the way down for a glass of the local!

I did say the best thing about the place was location and whilst that is excellent, i would have to say that the host Marios and his family who also work in restaurant made our stay brilliant! Nothing is a problem at all and they make you feel so welcome. The greek night that is on during the summer season is so much fun, live dancing ( which Marios will insist you try out) followed by plate smashing, lots of live music, jugs of wine and an excellent atmosphere make this place truly special.

I can't recommend this place enough i am thinking about staying for a couple of months its just so pretty, relaxed and friendly - just what you want!!

Yamis!!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room! Catch the sunset
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank aerialb
LEICESTER
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Firstly the little place of Lourdas is very lovely... A bit of a walk to the beach, down hill, it's the up that's the issue... But doable..

Casa de Blue was exactly what we expected it to be, a small family run business , very welcoming, friendly. Very clean , very basic, but all that you need, except a hair dryer. Great food, great service and they are willing to go out of their way to help you. Perfect.

Would definitely go back sometime, as the views are amazing and the Lourdas is very pretty. Very quiet. Wouldn't say this is a young family destination though. Some fantastic restaurants in Lourdas and a fantastic cocktail bar, what a great surprise that was. A great place for chilling , if that's all you want to do...

Room Tip: Ask for the roof terrace rooms...it's views are just incredible.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank RUBYB23
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We ate here regularly during our two week stay. The welcome was always warm, the food lovely and the service was great. Good views across the sea. The Greek night each week was good fun too. Would recommend Casa de Blue highly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rosies21
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We really liked this restaurant. The owner works hard to get people in and we were happy with the service we received once seated (on both occasions we ate here). The food is nothing particularly special but it's great value and a good atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AngmeringTraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lourdas
Garbis Villas & Apartments
Porto Skala Hotel & Village
Hotel Summery
Hotel Summery
#2 of 11 in Lixouri

Been to Casa De Blue Studios? Share your experiences!