“quick meal”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We went here while waiting for our photographer to arrive at our apartments, this place is more or less next door to us, the food is great, nice & fresh, the pizza was excellent as for the omelette,wow, fantastic, the waiter (Theo) is very friendly & polite he even gave us a doggy bag for our pizza because the small one is enough for 2 people, we have been 2 times this week & will go again if we have time after trying different restaurants, this place is quite but good food & staff.

1  Thank adrian h

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I popped into Aridas Place to have a couple of drinks and relax while the rest of my family were on the beach. At first I found it very relaxing and the waitress was attentive. I was considering whether to have lunch here when my children came over and wanted to use the toilet.

Now, at this point is when things started going wrong. Now, I admit that they were a little wet at the time and in hindsight I should have tried to dry them off a little more before they used the toilet. However, the toilet facilities weren't exactly wonderful anyway and as this place was pretty much on the beach front I didn't consider that the owner would be particularly picky about being in a perfect condition to use them. How wrong I was.

A minute or so after they came out of the toilet the owner came over and essentially complained extremely vocally about us making a mess of his toilet facilities and complained that someone had to clean it up. Now, as I said I perhaps should have dried them off a little before going in there but I have never been spoken to so rudely by a restaurant/bar owner in my life. There are ways to talk to customers who may inadvertently use your facilities in a manner that you may not like and this certainly isn't one of them. I was extremely apologetic but this didn't seem to appease him and by the end of it I was extremely angry, my children were distressed and my wife was upset for the rest of the day.

We decided to pay the bill (giving a tip to the waitress for any inconvenience) and walk out at this point without sampling the food so I cannot comment on that. His attitude was so far removed from the lovely people we have experienced while travelling in Greece. I felt compelled to write this review, as I think he needs to consider how his rudeness can affect others.

5  Thank m4tthall
Reviewed 7 September 2013

It's a fairly standard Greek Taverna that produces reasonably priced food, cooked to order, served with a smile. You can't fault the size of the portions either but I've not come across a good menu plan that involves rice, chips and pitta bread on the same plate...though it seems popular on Kephalonia.
There are great restaurants nearby but you can't go to the same place every night so Aridas Palace fills a little gap quite nicely.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have been to this restaurant in the past and the food has been ok. I tried again this time around and ordered the lemon chicken with rice. It was ok, a lot of chicken but it was very dry. The rice had no flavour and was swimming in oil. Didn't enjoy the visit and I don't think I will go back again.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Traditional greek, great food, lovely front of house Maria who seemed a bit dour, but no she had a wonderful sense of humour. Loved the Briam, mushrooms, Stiffado, Rosemary Chicken, Lemon Chicken just a few.

1  Thank SurreyJennieL