“Lovely lunch, friendly owner”
Review of Captain Zorbas

Captain Zorbas
Ranked #19 of 26 Restaurants in Lourdata
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A great family run restaurant. All food prepared to order. Good selection of wine and all homemade desserts. Excellent value. great service, fun atmosphere. Greek food with many choices, also wide variety of English and American food.
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely and relaxed lunch (meze) with ouzo. We needed a nap by the pool afterwards! Food was delicious and fresh. The owner (Marios) was super friendly and warm. We would return!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

We were really disappointed with our experience here. The meal was cooked and served by the guy who showed us to our table. Maybe he was the owner? While we waited for our meal (6.30pm) his waitress turned up for work and once our meal had been served the Chef turned up for work. My meal was Chicken Fillet with blue cheese sauce served with McDonald style chips and my wife had a lamb dish served in a pot with just some slices of lime on the side of the plate to compliment it. It seems to me that we turned up too early before the proper staff arrived and we had meals that were lacking in presentation and preparation. We were given bread and butter to start with without us requesting it and got charged 2.40 euros for 4 slices of bread. Needless to say we weren’t happy and won’t be returning or recommending.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We went to Captain Zorba’s for breakfast. My hubby had full English and I had yoghurt and fruit. My hubbys breakfast was just average and the toast was like Melba toast like it had been flattened. My yoghurt cane with just 4 pieces of orange segment with quite a bit of pith and 3 slices of banana. Was expecting honey drizzled but never got any. After I had eaten my orange I couldn’t finish yoghurt as needed something to moisten it. Was disappointed and did not return

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Apparently this place has been running for more than two decades but unfortunately it isn’t popular now and lacks atmosphere. It’s a shame because my Stifado was excellent and the rest of the meal was fairly decent, but there are so many other places better in the village. I hope it survives but it needs a change of approach.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Having booked a holiday in a bit of a rush and not having done any 'due diligence' re the location my friend and I were very pleasantly surprised to find Capt. Zorbas on our first venture from our apartment...
The owner, Marinos, greeted us with typical Greek friendliness as we stopped to look at the menu and we decided to take the 'weight off' with a coffee. The warmth of our reception decided us to book for an evening meal which we thoroughly enjoyed.
Marinos informed us of the pool attached to the restaurant which, as we're more pool than beach people, we frequented for the rest of our say - there's something very relaxing having drinks delivered poolside - there's enough shade to be able to escape the sun and not too heavily frequented.
Although we did try out other eateries in the village we counted Capt. Zorbas as our favourite and went back repeatedly.
The balcony around the back - best to book well in advance - has wonderful views out to sea and the sunset was amazing; lots of interrupted meals as people took photos.
The staff, which included the owners daughter Georgia, were all friendly and made it a delight to revisit.

Date of visit: August 2018