Saoulas Studios
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbbq nightolive loungeshuttle bus that runsaccommodating hostesspool area and roomsclean barself cateringother guestsla mernothing too much troubleno pressuregreat holidayslouvakitakes about minutesjust returned from a weektwo weeksthese apartments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I recently became a member to this website and some of the first posts that caught my eye, where the ones about Saoulas studios, which I had visited in September. I felt like I had to reply and set things straight.

As far as the reviews are concerned, because of my recent visit to the Saoulas studios, I believe I can explain certain things and clarify the situation. I would like to discuss the following points:
-It seems quite normal to me for an enterprise to use laptops and telephones in order to make the management of the studios easier and more effective. Saoulas is a family enterprise so it is only natural for them to use such equipment. While I was staying there, there was not a simple time that an employee would play around on laptops or on telephones, instead of catering for the guests ‘need (Christina and Elena are just like angels!!!!).
-With regard to the personnel (Elena, Christina and Mama Elena) the hospitality and the warmth of those people is something I would NEVER forget. Helpful, friendly, catering and open-hearted are few of the adjectives that I could use to describe them….(you can’t escape from them…they will make you dance Greek music until you sweat….!!!).There was not a single time during our stay, that we were interrupted or disturbed by a fight…
-Regarding to the BBQ, it was a delicious meal and we ate quite a lot. The food was well-cooked and the portions were very satisfying. Drinks at the bar are very inexpensive and probably the cheapest in the area.
-One thing that disappointed me whiles my stay there (but I think that it was very professional), was the fact that the music on Karaoke nights was turned down after 12 o’clock.
-Concerning the facilities of the studios, the pool is the cleanest in the area and it is inspected by a health inspector. The rooms are as good as new and very clean. Unfortunately I didn’t take any photos of the rooms (and from the shabby 50s style décor as it is mentioned in some of the previous reviews) to show you, but I will the next time we visit!
-About the surrounding area, it is necessary to rent a car if you want to visit the capital of the island or nearest beaches and villages.

It is a shame that such a professional enterprise is being discredited in such a mean manner…
We will definitely come back at this place!

Geia sou! (Kalamari Elena)
Nick Croston

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground flour with sea view are the best
2  Thank Nick C
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Got back ystday to a very cold manchester lol, had a lovely stay at saoulas studios , christina what a lovely hard working girl couldnt do enough for anyone .eleni ( owner) lovely lady ,think it would be nice if she could learn a little more english ,think she relied on christina a lot to deal with all the guest ,my i just point out mr grey ? has never stay at these studios !!!! room lovely and clean ,a comment about the cleaner being there all day till late ? not so she comes for a few hrs in a morn and sometimes n only sometimes comes bck in evening for a couple off hrs ,Think people a right if u dont like walking u do need a car ,the walk to the beach is a bit off a killer ( got a taxi bck).they serve food at the saulas which is good n the drinks are a fair price to ,there are some lovely places to eat olive lounge was beautiful ,would we stay here again most certainley would ,what can i say bout greek people so warm n friendly

Room Tip: had room 10 at the bck lovely n cool
1  Thank lorrainewright142
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The customary trepidation you have when booking any new holiday destination, was dispelled within seconds of arrival. The welcome was warm but not imposing and the initial sight of the modern, immaculately presented pool and bar area set the benchmark for the hotel.
Our room was spacious (two in a family room) and immaculate, the bar meals and drinks were excellent value for money and the hospitality shown by our hosts was exemplary..... when I struggled to obtain a wireless internet connection, a cable was sourced, when we asked about the nearest laundrette, our clothes were washed dried and ironed, when a birthday was mentioned a cake was baked.........nothing was too much trouble.
We found the location ideal for days when we wanted to chill and stay local (incredible number of close by quality restaurants and well stocked mini-markets for such a rural location) and as a base to drive out to other parts of the island (including to the infamous journey to the nearest beach).
Please don't let any of the minor irritations mentioned in certain reviews prevent this from being your first choice place to stay.

1  Thank j2enk
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Having read all the reviews before staying at Saulus studios I was really looking forward to my 2 week stay. Yes the family are friendly, the rooms clean and everything said about BBQs and Kareoke are also correct, but felt hungry after my meal and the music went on until midnight but stopped only due to lack of outsiders turning up and buying beers! In defence of Mr Grey and the other reviewer with mixed reviews I fully endorse their reviews re towels,, showers, shabby 50s style decor, loud staff arguing on telephone and with other locals, poor cleaner working long hours (seen her cleaning pool area well before 8am and still working away late in day) Family do very little except sit in bar area on laptops. Also sussed out that they ask people to leave remarks in a book with their email addresses, but being a suspicious person I wonder why? A lot of the reviews on here do not ring true to the things I seen and experienced and I am only trying to put across an impartial and fair review as to my experience for a short time at the Saulus and as every one has their own experiences, - but there are a lot of excellents and very high reviews which is well above the average for everywhere else on same island etc. If you are looking for a base to stay then yes it is a good choice (but hire a car!) and it is not too far from airport or capital.

Room Tip: One away from bar area maybe one up and to the right overlooking pool
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank walter M
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed for two weeks and had a fantastic holiday. The Sudios are well maintained and very clean. The owner and staff were very friendly. The pool and pool bar was the best in the area. Breakfasts served in the pool bar was an excellent start to the day, very good value and included coffee and orange juice. The BBQ and karaoke was an excellent evening. The walk from the beach takes about 30 minutes but you can stop for a beer on the way back. If you want to see the island a car is the best option. We saw some fantastic views. All in all a fantastic place to stay, all the staff were extremely friendly and we met some lovely people. I would definately book again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple