“Beautiful setting and lovely people.”
Review of Lourdas Mare

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve breakfast and lunch from 9.00 am
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We used this taverna for lunch on 2 days during our week's stay. The food was excellent and service brilliant. We used the area adjacent to the main building which was light and airy. On a subsequent day my son was suffering from heat stroke and we tried to get a taxi, the staff in the taverna were brilliant and one of the ladies drove us up the hill to our accommodation! What more can I say!

5  Thank JohnE1955

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Visited today for on a quiet Wednesday lunchtime. The food was basic but ok. When I checked there wasn't any cheese in my daughter's spaghetti bolognese (milk allergy) the response suggested I was a bit dim.
The main problem arose after switching tables to get away from some wasps having a party on a bush (only 2 other tables taken at time, others took our previous table a min later). A waiter arrived with our food and proceeded to give me the telling off of my life. It seems I had single handedly wrecked his system back at the bar and was trying to get others to pay (just me, not hubby). I tried to de-escalate 3 times but the telling off renewed afresh. If I hadn't had my 5 yr old there & being a good parent I would have let rip on his 3rd tirade ... but just let it go. After us some German tourists got the 'idiots' treatment for checking their order was vegetarian.
In short, if you follow the unwritten rules you'll get OK food. If the waiter is having a bad day only go if you want a lesson in condescension and rudeness.

1  Thank venna
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I cannot speak more highly of this restaurant, staff always welcome, food great, I still miss the orange cake, if you want value for money and traditional food look no further.

4  Thank John H
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great food & good service. Great breakfast lunches & evening meals. Fantastic service by really friendly team

4  Thank Faulkner1066
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have been to Lourdas for three years and Lourdas Mare is still our favourite taverna. Be it morning, afternoon or evening the staff are always welcoming and friendly. They still have the same chef Markis who's food never disappoints. Lovely view, great food, friendly service. Thanks for adding to a very enjoyable holiday. :)

4  Thank Youngatheart011