The Garbis Villas are fabulous!
My boyfriend and have just returned from a week there and found the ideal spot for a relaxing, chill out week away from it all.
We had corresponded with the owner, Nick, before the holiday who provided us with lots of useful information, recommending hire car companies, answering questions etc. He was very helpful and welcoming.
The Garbis family take great pride in their villas and were extremely accomodating in providing complimentary wine, water, tea, coffee etc on our arrival and helping us to get around the island and provide useful information on the sites, buses etc.
The one-bedroom villa we had was spotless with linen changed 3 times during the week and bins emptied every day. The pool, patios and surrounding areas are cleaned every day, with sunbeds, parasls and furniture in abundant supply - no sneaking out early in the morning to place your towels here!
Our room opened out onto a small lush garden (complete with WW2 machine gun and lizards!) and the most amazing views across to the neighbouring island of Zakynthos. In the evening we were able to sit out and watch beautiful sunsets and relax with a drink, undisturbed by any noise other than that of the waves.
Lourdas is a low-key resort (small village really), on a hillside, with approx 10 tavernas and 3 supermarkets along a road and very Greek! If you want bars, nightlife, Fish & Chips and McDonalds this is not the place to come.
The local beach (more than the "mere 10 minute walk" as quoted) probably took about 25-30 minutes to get to and includes quite a steep climb - not suitable if you have small children etc. The beach however is lovely once you get down there and, as we discovered walking along, also had a naturist section!
The romantic situation of the villas makes it perfect for couples wanting a quiet break with excellent facilities. I would say car hire is essential if you want to get around and see the island and its sights although it is possible to use the local buses - bearing in mind they run to Greek timetables!
A lovely place to stay, run by a lovely family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the South of the Island and only 20 minutes from the Capital of Argostoli there is one of the most captivating resorts on the island, the majestic Lourdas. On the hill above Lourdas Beach stands Garbis Villas, one of the most welcoming and beautiful complexes on Kefalonia island. Magically set in between the lush green mountains and the dazzling blue Ionian Sea, surrounded by wonderful gardens there are four villas with a large pool. Staying at Garbis Villas will give you the sense of total relaxation and tranquillity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Garbis Villas & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garbis Villas And Apartments
- Garbis Villas & Apartments Hotel Lourdas
- Garbis Hotel Apartments