I have left writing this review for a week or more, just to make sure that what I was writing was a true reflection on what my wife and I expierenced. We have had holidays recently in Koz and Crete in the previous two years, and I thought it couldn't get much better than that. As my review title says, it was the best two weeks ever.
The transfer from the airport took about 30 minutes in an airconditioned coach, and we travelled on a Saturday. We arrived at the hotel around lunchtime, and was greeted as we alighted from the coach by 'Anna' The hotels Guest Relations Manager. What a beautiful and charming advertisement for a wonderful hotel, which was followed by a member of the reception staff who gave us a very refreshing 'Welcome' Drink and ushered us towards the desk. Looking back I could see the travellers who remained on the coach to be taken to their hotels, who had envy in their eyes. The reception staff were excellent, speaking very good English, and were always very helpful and curteous throughout the two weeks, be it asking general questions, or booking packed lunches or early breakfasts prior to day trips. These members of staff were accompanied by two lovely lads who were the porters, only too eager to help at any time of the day or night.
Our room was very clean and tidy, also spacious, with a balcony and seaview. The view had a couple of trees in the way, but we could see the sea, but the time we spent in our room, apart from sleeping, washing and changing, the view did not matter anyway. Who goes on hotel to spend their time on the balcony, not us. The rooms were cleaned and beds made daily, with towels being changed when you wanted to change them. The air conditioning worked superbly, and is worth leaving on all the time.
I have read previous reviews regarding the food at this hotel by other subscribers to this website, and I can only think that they must have had an gripe about something during their stay at this hotel, and decided to take their revenge on here. Well the food here was always superb. I could not fault any of the food which was presented to us. If they wanted their traditional 'Sunday Roast', or Bacon, Eggs, Chips and Beans, then perhaps they should of stayed at home. If you want to see and eat British, I think Newquay is the place for you.
The two bars, Main and Pool we were serviced by some really lovely people (Danni & Yanis with Martine), but then again, all the staff of the hotel, from what ever country they were from were expectional (Spanish Natalie was always very hospitable and charming in the restuarant). The two other restuarants, Italian & Greek Taverna, were well worth the attendance. I would say the Italian more so, which as well as lovely food, gave a great panoramic view over the bay over to Corfu Town, also towards the mainland of Greece and Albania. The staff at these two restuarants alternate between the two, were again very welcoming.
Moving onto the Lookea Animations Team, who were a great bunch of lads and lasses. They were all French in nationality, and used their limited english to good effect, and always wanted to use it when they could to improve. The hotel over the next two years, will be dominated by French customers, as a large French Tourist Company have pumped money into a three year contract with this hotel, and alot of the animation activities will be geared around the french, but please don't let that put you off coming here. I got stuck into some of the games and evening entertainment, and really enjoyed what ever the Lookea Animation Team arranged.
The hotel offers various watersports options, and you can use the canoes free of charge. You can also hire motorboats for a fee, as well as booking rides on the various inflatable rides from the back of a boat. But the best pastime from the private beach must be the snorkelling. I saw at least seven different species of fish, and had them eating a bread roll from my hand under the water.
A very special word must be passed to the Hotel's Own Animation Member 'Miki'. His is a lovely lad from Slovakia, who can speak eight different languages, but doesn't speak 'French', which is to his credit. He spends most of his time with guests from all other countries due to his expertise in languages. He is a very charming young man (reminds us of one of our sons) and is a credit to the hotel and his own family back home. But he is an integral member of the Animations Team as a whole when performing their duties and shows.
Some may think that I might be getting something in return for this review, and you would be right, it is the satisfaction that I have informed you of a truely wonderful holiday with some lovely new friends and people from Manchester, Derby, Newcastle and Newton Abbott. But most of all the wonderful staff at this hotel. Thank you especially to Anna and Miki.
I am seriously considering return next year to this hotel, and our three sons wish to come along also. Great Trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a private beach, Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa 4* is situated amphitheatrically on a hill among olive and pine trees near Nissaki Village. It offers 2 outdoor pools, gym, spa and wellness centre. The modernly decorated rooms, suites and village rooms in the gardens at Sunshine Corfu Hotel include satellite TV, mini fridge and safe. Each is air-conditioned and has a balcony or terrace, most with panoramic views overlooking the Ionian Sea. Sunshine Corfu features a buffet restaurant, and two la carte restaurants which serve Greek and Italian Cuisine. A bar, pool bar and snack bar. All meals, as well as selected beverages are complimentary. The Spa offers facial and body treatments. It includes a steam bath, hot tub and sauna. Massages are also available.The spa is offered as non inclusive in price. A paddling pool, playground and kid's club are accessible to the younger guests. The town of Corfu is a 30-minute drive away. Corfu airport approx 40 minutes drive. Private on-site parking is free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Corfu Hotel Nissaki
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel Corfu
- Sunshine Vacation Resort Corfu
- Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa Nissaki