Just back a few days from one week in the amazing Sunshine Vacation Club. We always have great all-inc experiences and this was the best we've ever had.
From the superb personal welcome when we arrived late in the evening to our departure, this holiday was fantastic.
The hotel is on a steep hillside. Three or more lifts get you from reception to the beach but there are steps. Calf muscles get too sore? There's a Spa with lovely friendly staff (who will negotiate on treatment prices).
Food is absolutely all-inc standard. Fresh and well prepared. The restaurant is well laid out, so even when busy, it is quiet and the waiting staff are excellent. There are several places to eat as well as a one night deal to eat in the Greek at the pool or the Italian outside reception.
We were always surprised at how many people appeared at mealtimes that we hadn't seen before. For a big hotel, it does not seem big and there are places and spaces if you like peace and quiet, peace and quiet and a pool, an activity pool, or the beach.
After trying all the sunbathing options, we spent most of our time at the activity pool where the animation team are based.
The LOOKEA animation team were the most professional team we've ever met. Always punctual and smiling and with a changing list of activities for people like me who get bored sitting around. Everything from fun games through to zoomba type classes as well as relaxation and stretching.
Their facilities, particularity the children's club were well designed and clean.
We read the Trip Advisor reviews before we booked, and so we expected predominantly French language (which neither of us speaks) and it was not a problem.
English is spoken as a second language and the LOOKEA team were always helpful. We choose holiday hotels (if we can) that are not filled with people from the UK and enjoy meeting people from other countries.
The day before we left, "Anne So" from the LOOKEA team told me (while we tried to make authentic Greek food) that on that day and for the next week, there were predominately non-French guests, so i guess the nationality balance must change over time.
The evening entertainment benefited from a French touch, the LOOKEA shows were delightfully different and we thoroughly enjoyed them. Lots of dancing and laughs. We went along every night. Sunday is changeover night so there is no show on that night, but a musician in the piano bar, and one night there was a traditional Greek group with dancers and amazing bouzouki player.
We had a bungalow. Solid, private and comfortable, with a beautiful balcony view. The room was very clean and cleaned every day. There is a fridge and a TV. There were plenty of power points and storage space, hair dryer etc.
The beach area is small and tour boats appear at the small jetty. You can also take bread to feed the fish in the clear waters. The water is so clear that I regret not buying a snorkel and mask early in the holiday. So many people were juts floating around in the shallow warm water looking at the small fish.
TIP: there is a small shingle band as you enter the sea before you stand on sand. Take rubber shoes for added comfort.
TIP: buy a snorkel and mask early in the holiday. You will get your money’s worth of fun from them.
As the holiday was such great value we treated ourselves to a Spa treatment or two. The spa is bright and peaceful and the treatment rooms have windows facing the sea. Spa treatments with the sound of the waves breaking on the beach? Idyllic. Loads of treatment options with discounts for couples and just if you ask! A gem of a place.
So to sum up, a perfect holiday chosen with the trip advisor review information in mind.
An excellent place to take kids (particularly kids learning french) and the first resort we have visited that would make is break our rule of never returning to the same resort twice.
We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a private beach, Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa 4* is situated amphitheatrically on a hill among olive and pine trees near Nissaki Village. It offers 2 outdoor pools, gym, spa and wellness centre. The modernly decorated rooms, suites and village rooms in the gardens at Sunshine Corfu Hotel include satellite TV, mini fridge and safe. Each is air-conditioned and has a balcony or terrace, most with panoramic views overlooking the Ionian Sea. Sunshine Corfu features a buffet restaurant, and two la carte restaurants which serve Greek and Italian Cuisine. A bar, pool bar and snack bar. All meals, as well as selected beverages are complimentary. The Spa offers facial and body treatments. It includes a steam bath, hot tub and sauna. Massages are also available.The spa is offered as non inclusive in price. A paddling pool, playground and kid's club are accessible to the younger guests. The town of Corfu is a 30-minute drive away. Corfu airport approx 40 minutes drive. Private on-site parking is free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Corfu Hotel Nissaki
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel Corfu
- Sunshine Vacation Resort Corfu
- Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa Nissaki