Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa
  • Bar/Lounge
Dalia Hotel(Corfu Town)
US$85
US$82
Corfu Palace Hotel(Corfu Town)
US$201
US$195
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,155 results
All reviewsactivity poolrelax poolanimation teamitalian restaurantthe main hotelgreek villagekids clubsnack barprivate beachfrench companyevening entertainmentlower poolgreat holidaytennis courtsclub lookeaall inclusive fooddifferent levels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We spent 2 weeks here with 3 teenagers and had a fabulous time!
The hotel is set in the hill side (beware there are lots of steps) with breath taking views. The rooms are perfectly adequate, though our air con was a bit tempremental.
The food was great, we didnt get bored in the whole 2 weeks, but if you are planning to go to one of the special restaurants then book in the moment you arrive otherwise you wont get in.
The choice of 2 pools was fab; the activity pool was great for the kids, and if you wanted to get away from it all the relaxation pool was ideal.
The entertainment team were amazing, keeping us all amused from dawn til dusk, though didnt pester you if you just wanted to laze around not doing much. Having said that some of the evening shows werent great, too much toilet humour for us (literally!).
The only small down sides was that the bins in the communal areas just werent emptied enough so rubbish was often overflowing (not nice), oh and our First Choice rep was a rude plonker!
Fab time though all in all!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Gillym39
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Excellent price/quality combination. Yes, you can see and feel that the hotel was built decades ago - comfortable cultivated area and worn out rooms and supplies. But you don't go to a sea resort to stay in the room wrapped in duvets, right? The food is excellent - nothing extravant, but plentiful and something for everyove. Vegetables simply divine - you don't get this kind of produce in megapolicies.
For people living in big cities and walking only to and from their cars the hotel provides a lot of excercise, provided you don't use elevators. My ankles were screeming on the second day but by the fourth day I could actually hear them thanking me for giving them a second chance.
The sea is awesome - I've never seen such clean water and I've seen quite a few seas and oceans.
I don't think I will go there again next year, but simply because there are so many places I haven't been to :-)

1  Thank nat1702
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We already returned from this terrible hotel and it was the worst vacation in our life. This hotel is presented like a luxury hotel with great services, but the reality is absolutely different !!! Rooms are very poor and dirty, hotel staffs are very unfriendly and disobliging in every way, food was disgusting. We expected wonderful vacation in beautiful hotel, but we were very disappointed. If you want to enjoy at least minimu luxury - avoid this hotel !

Reviewed 23 July 2010

My friend and I arrived and was greeted with a fruit drink and advised we have an evening meal as the restaurant shut at 21:30 hrs, Lovely we thought, really nice food and the areas seemed clean and spruiced. We were taken to our room which was 3010, a bungalow at the side of the hotel, the room spelt fusty and the little window looking outside did not appeal to us at all. My friend entered the bathroom and the smell hit us, awful, with ants running across the floor. We returned to the reception and told them we would not be staying there, there was nothing that could be done that evening but the next morning we returned and the staff asked us to look at 315 to see if it was acceptable. It was fine, lovely big balcony with fabulous see views, much cleaner and generally nicer.
We were after a chilled week and it was just so, the lovely relax pool was just the job, we never sat around the activity pool but they seemed to be enjoying themselves, we enjoyed the music at a nice level to listen to from where we were.
The food was excellent, no complaints there, something for everyone.
The entertainment was good, the animation team did a show most evenings, they were quite funny at times as well, we enjoyed the football whilst we were there as well.
All in all a nice place to stay.
One huge downer, I left my mobile phone in the safe, locked, I remembered 10 minutes into the journey back to the airport, when the First Choice rep rang the hotel they stated it was not there, i knew it was. I am led to believe a member of staff must have taken it, so just remember it is not always safe in a safe!!
Must just mention a restaurant 10 mins from the Sunshine, the Vitamin Bar the food is outstanding, we went on our last night for a change.

1  Thank LoveCats51
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We only stayed for five nights on route to Albania but were really glad that we did. As a family we do not really do all-inclusive holidays but because we had to travel via corfu we decided to have a relaxing hotel break before embarking on a two week tour. The room may not have been the best I have ever stayed in (we had a beach bungalow) but it was clean with good air conditioning and every thing we needed. For the price we paid it was a fantastic deal considering we only used it for sleeping. There are a number of steps around the resort but they are not particularly steep and it was not a huge distance to the main hotel. The grounds are lovely so this proved no problem, even with a (just) four year old. The communal areas of the hotel are not boutique but neither are they shabby and make the most of the fantastic views. We enjoyed the food and even as a vegeterian I found plenty of choice. My meat eating partner rated the Greek stews as amoungst the best he has ever eaten.
The kids club was fabulous and I cannot praise the team highly enough. Our daughter is no shrinking violet but even so she went off very happily each morning and afternoon. Having heard stories from friends who have been reps for UK holiday firms which would make even the most liberal parent think twice standards were noticably high (The bi-lingal animation team were mainly from Belguim).
As a grown up I relaxed by the pool with a book whilst the excellant animation team provided a programme of activities I mainly chose to abstain from. I did not feel under pressure to take part or find the ongoing activity obtrisive (although this was just off-season).
There is a spa but this is very over priced. The attached gym has woderful views over the sea but costing 10 Euro a day with outdated and limited equipment I would not recommend it unless you really need to put in time on the treadmill whist away. Something worth considering if you are going to use up some of your luggage allowance with your gym gear as I did.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing break. Do not expext 5 star standard on par with a city hotel, but this is not what you are going for or neither are you paying those kind of rates.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family