“Really good value!!!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Nissaki
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Really good value!!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

My partner, 6 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel in June. When we arrived we were greeted by drinks and shown to our room. It was really spacious and clean ( there was a problem with the loo but this was quickly put right with a call to reception) and the view was to die for. There were alot of steps to our bungalow but this helped us to work off all the food and drinks that were on offer. It's a case of help your self to beer and wine in the pool area and restraunt which we found easier than queing at the bar.
In my opinion the entertainment was OK. Not much for my six year old to do. Most of the people staying there were German or French, we only met 3 English families.
The Greek night inside the hotel, with the live music was great.
We did enjoy the surroundings, the islalnd and the water park (costing £60 to get into for 2 adults and a child but well worth it) and we would come back again as long as we got it at the right price (we paid 899 ) so that is why I feel we got value for money.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank PYB1981

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2010

hotel was not up to scartch paid for a room got a bungalow now i know what the thirty nine steps means plus 100 the location is stunning though bar staff ace but some of the reception staff were bad i think one lady in particuliar got thrown out of the gestapo for being to unkind i was asking for a room extension all week come back the day before you go home she said went back oh come back after 6 she said no we are full i can let you have a shower at 7.30 and you have 30 mins for all 3 of you to get out orders must be obeyed show me your papers sorry about that, that was colditz, no seriously this is not a 4 star our room was like a premier inn room my son is 15 6ft 3 and had to sleep on a bed settee the food was was as entertaining as the animation team when you seen mussells in rice 2 nights on the trott stick to the cheese pasties and chips iam sure one of the mussells recognised me from the night before, plus you have a two mile walk to get the english papers and they dont come till 12 it was roasting walking on the dodgy roads but i found some belting tavernas plus a another self catering complex all in all would igo back yes but not in peak season but no because of the rude receptionists and there unwillingness to bend the rules to help

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Nissaki hotels

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I chose the hotel because I had heard some good reviews about the other Sunshine hotel in Rhodes. I wanted to visit Corfu that year,so it seemed great. Especially the fact that it was All Inclusive.I saw the photos online and I was convinced. I will never trust photos again. It may seem big and comfortable and full of special things to do,but this is not the case. The rooms needed renovation and cleaning,the bathroom was incredibly filthy.So much that the tiles were green instead of white, from the mould.I couldn't touch it,it was disgusting.We asked for a room change,it was not possible.The rest of the hotel was dirty too.The elevators had a nasty smell, I felt like throwing up each time I had to use one, especially the ones that transferred you to the beach.The food was lousy,every day the same.I ate spaghetti for 7 days,I didn't trust anything else.The service was ok in general, but the drinks were not even close to normal,regarding quality.I guess it's all part of the AI cost.I remember myself having a cup of tea,sitting in the balcony of the cafeteria,and all I wanted to do,was to clean the seats and the floor.They also had a theatre show every night, I think that you have to be really retarded to enjoy such a "show". I hated every minute of my stay there,I just don't want to remember it at all.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I came to this hotel on my honeymoon and on the first holiday i had been on in nearly 10 years. I am not a picky person, but i do feel that this hotel just didnt meet up to the standards i expected. We arrived and where immediatly impressed with the foyer area, absalutly beautiful. When we entered our room the hotel had gave us a lovely basket of fruit and champagne, as it was our honeymoon. This is where the nicities stopped. The room was very basic, the bathroom filthy, i had to clean it straight away. The corridors where also filthy , with poor lighting. We then went for a late lunch. The food was mediocre and basically the same day in day out. We only stayed for a week, and by the 3rd day i was sick of the food, and had upset stomachs the rest of the week.Both pools in the hotel where beautiful, but drastically needed cleaned. Animation team was a joke, i have seen better entertainment at butlins in britain for kids. Not much to do, as location is around a 50 minute bus journey into the corfu town. One reason we choose thi hotel is because it was protrayed as having the spa as part of its all inclusive. This is not the case, and guests cannot even use the gym,sauna or jacuzzi without paying for one of the ridicuasly priced treatments, around 80 euros for a basic massage.

On a positive note, drinks were served quickly and by friendly and efficient staff. plently to choose from on the drinks front. Waiting staff where also very nice, no problems there. However front of house staff on the reception where not so good, and at one point extremly rude to both me and my husband.

I would definetly not go back to stay at this hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xxrachaelxx
Scotland
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Arrived very late (5am) from delayed Monarch flight on very dysfunctional aircraft. We were greeted very well by the poor reception person staying up for us, and offered a coffee in the dining room. Then we went to our room (825) I was worried as it was right on the corner, and thought it might be very noisy but it wasn't. The first thing that assailed us was the smell, thinking it was just a dank and musty air-con (and it was 5am after a fraught flight), we did a bit of unpacking and went to bed. Very comfy hard beds - just the sort we like, if only it had been a double bed and not two singles shoved together - but this is a grecian thing.

As the next day wore on, we both realised that the smell wasn't air-con, but someone had urinated in the wardrobes. We liked the position of our room by then, couldn't stand the hassle of having to change/talk with those alien being at reception) and though (misguidedly) that the cleaner would sort it the next day. No such luck! Rinsing out the cossies with superdrug travel wash in the evening, I washed the wardrobe with the travel wash (after air-conditioning the whole of corfu that day), and yes, it worked to a certain extent. But it was coming back when we left - it wasn't us honestly.

This was a good hotel, fantastically designed down the cliff face. Food was excellent, always something from the buffet with superb salads as only Greece can do. As others say, the booking for the special restaurants was strange, but mamma mia's was excellent (just don't ask for pizza), and the greek tavern was a bit strange with no greek specialities, and they didn't have any fans on so very, very hot.

Wine and spirits are glugable but not brilliant however cocktails really are bad (lidl can do better specialty mixes.) Bar staff especially Dorrin and Oana were excellent and soon got to know our favourite drinks. These and some other bar staff really tried to connect - it is difficult to mention by name as the name badges were far too small. But please treat them with respect and kindness - some people could be amazingly rude to them!!!

The bus service to corfu town was reasonable and the timetables in the room was accurate.

a great selling point is the animation team - okay it isn't a west end show, but having been round several carribbean resorts the team headed by Igor were fantastic - (beware of the European humour on some nights though - not exactly for children). These guys worked all day, and most of the night, and were fantastic. if you ate in the greek tavern you would see the chlldren's show in the early evening, this was really quite sweet, and it was fantastic to see all the small children of different nationalities up on stage with the entertainers doing their little dances. Don't go here if you want high-brow entertainment, and do remember how much work these guys do in the extreme heat!!! and they are multi-lingual, putting us brits to much shame!!!

Pool towels - shambolic and chaotic - take your own - we didn't manage to make the change over time for 3 days and when we did, turning up at 10.05 in the morning, we were told there were none left - well there wouldn't be would there, if some european person is allowed to give the towel guy one towel card and then take 8 towels, what do you expect!!

reception staff - some were really good, but others, especially the one we got on the last day really really horrible and had obviously been trained for a doctor's receptionist post in the UK! My partner went to get the key for the courtesy room (half hour slot only) to be told to go away they were busy with French people. Going back 10 minutes later for the key myself, I got looks that almost killed me dead. A key was handed over, no instruction of how to find the room, and despite confirming that there would be clean towels, there was only a mound of smouldering filthy damp towels in a clearly filthy room - and then bang on our original 30 minute booking - they phoned and demanded we leave!!!

Cleaning of rooms - appalling - it became clear that the cleaners (do they exist - we never saw them) don't wash rooms - our floor wasn't washed once in the fortnight stay. (I decided looking under the beds would have been bad for my mental health!). We also several times didn't get our beds made - we were left a fancy design of what we thought were towels only to discover at 2 in the morning that we had to make our beds before trying to sleep in them! So not good.

Would I go here again - yes, because of the hotel architecture, where it was, and the good food and bar staff, and the shallow relax pool where I finally, finally learned to swim properly (with help from the other half) but I would add to my precious luggage allowance with room cleaning stuff, air freshner, and beach towels.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
S. London
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We spent 2 weeks here with 3 teenagers and had a fabulous time!
The hotel is set in the hill side (beware there are lots of steps) with breath taking views. The rooms are perfectly adequate, though our air con was a bit tempremental.
The food was great, we didnt get bored in the whole 2 weeks, but if you are planning to go to one of the special restaurants then book in the moment you arrive otherwise you wont get in.
The choice of 2 pools was fab; the activity pool was great for the kids, and if you wanted to get away from it all the relaxation pool was ideal.
The entertainment team were amazing, keeping us all amused from dawn til dusk, though didnt pester you if you just wanted to laze around not doing much. Having said that some of the evening shows werent great, too much toilet humour for us (literally!).
The only small down sides was that the bins in the communal areas just werent emptied enough so rubbish was often overflowing (not nice), oh and our First Choice rep was a rude plonker!
Fab time though all in all!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Gillym39
Moscow
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Excellent price/quality combination. Yes, you can see and feel that the hotel was built decades ago - comfortable cultivated area and worn out rooms and supplies. But you don't go to a sea resort to stay in the room wrapped in duvets, right? The food is excellent - nothing extravant, but plentiful and something for everyove. Vegetables simply divine - you don't get this kind of produce in megapolicies.
For people living in big cities and walking only to and from their cars the hotel provides a lot of excercise, provided you don't use elevators. My ankles were screeming on the second day but by the fourth day I could actually hear them thanking me for giving them a second chance.
The sea is awesome - I've never seen such clean water and I've seen quite a few seas and oceans.
I don't think I will go there again next year, but simply because there are so many places I haven't been to :-)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank nat1702
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nissaki
Aeolos Beach Resort
#1 of 5 in Agios Ioannis Peristeron
Blue Princess Beach Hotel & Suites
San Antonio Corfu Resort
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa

Been to Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!