Me and my husband spent a very relaxing week at this hotel and yes there are good and bad points about it just like there are for most places but the good certainly out weigh the bad.
I'll start with the more negative things:
1 - NOT a 4* hotel, this is a 3* at most - well by UK standards anyway.
2 - the food in the al a carte themed restaurants isn't the best. The Italian restaurant is the worst of the two and the setting for the Greek restaurant lets it down - it is next to the activity pool and is basically the snack bar but with table cloths!!
3 - the drinks are very watered down but that is to be expected and this certainly isn't the only hotel to do this in a holiday resort destination.
4 - the lifts are amazingly slow, not once you are in them but when you are waiting for them, on several occasions we took the stairs and arrived on the floor we needed before the lift.
5 - amount of steps and size of hotel. this hotel is not ideal if you have difficulty in getting about due to the sheer number of steps and how spaced out it is but having said that there were people of all ages and abilities while we were there and no-one seemed to be bothered.
1 - our room was clean and got serviced each day, only once did we come back and we had no clean towels, a call to reception and 20mins later someone came along with some for us.
2 - every part of the hotel I was in was clean and tidy
3 - relax pool, we were at this one every day and loved it. You can still hear the animation team from the other pool but if you are reading a book or listening to music you manage to block out the noise. The areas around the pool are lovely and kept tidy. The water was freezing the whole time we were there so they could maybe look into adding a heating system.
4 - activity pool, never sat beside but did go to the bar there throughout the day, again this pool was very inviting with plenty of sun beds.
5 - sunbeds, there are loads of places to lounge about, not just at the two pools or on the beach but also at random places you find if you do a little wandering of take the paths to places and not the lifts.
6 - Drinks, not the best selection of cocktails and the local spirits are watered down but the wine (white and red) and sparkling wine were surprisingly nice, as was the beer.
7 - Food, as I said above the al a carte restaurants weren't the best (pitta bread at Greek restaurant was really good though) but the buffet food was good:
Breakfast was the least inspiring of the meals but had what you needed - cereals, breads, eggs, sausages, bacon, tomatoes, pastries, fruit, yogurt - the fruit yogurt was excellent.
Lunch - spag bol and chips were there every day but it did vary and the salad selection was good. Wont be a shock to read the tomatoes and feta cheese were very good.
Dinner - the same as lunch, some of the same every day but always a couple of different things each day. The grilled fish and all rice dishes were very tasty.
Overall we had a great week here and for what we paid we got our moneys worth. If you are looking for a 4/5* hotel with fantastic food and amazing cocktails and premium drinks then dont go here but if all you want is some sun in a stunning location then yes I'd recommend this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a private beach, Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa 4* is situated amphitheatrically on a hill among olive and pine trees near Nissaki Village. It offers 2 outdoor pools, gym, spa and wellness centre. The modernly decorated rooms, suites and village rooms in the gardens at Sunshine Corfu Hotel include satellite TV, mini fridge and safe. Each is air-conditioned and has a balcony or terrace, most with panoramic views overlooking the Ionian Sea. Sunshine Corfu features a buffet restaurant, and two la carte restaurants which serve Greek and Italian Cuisine. A bar, pool bar and snack bar. All meals, as well as selected beverages are complimentary. The Spa offers facial and body treatments. It includes a steam bath, hot tub and sauna. Massages are also available.The spa is offered as non inclusive in price. A paddling pool, playground and kid's club are accessible to the younger guests. The town of Corfu is a 30-minute drive away. Corfu airport approx 40 minutes drive. Private on-site parking is free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Vacation Club Corfu Hotel Nissaki
- Sunshine Vacation Hotel Corfu
- Sunshine Vacation Resort Corfu
- Sunshine Corfu Hotel & Spa Nissaki