“So glad I came here......”
Review of Apollo Dive Center

Apollo Dive Center
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Nissaki
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 24 October 2014

I booked a trip to Corfu specifically to learn to dive for my birthday. Having read the reviews and done some research I decided to learn to do my Padi Open Water diving course at Apollo Dive Centre. I stayed in Nissaki so I was literally a minute away from the dive centre. I had one of the most amazing weeks of my life here.

I went from someone who had not put her head under the water for 33 years due to getting caught and dragged down in a giant wave in the sea as a child, to someone who passed the Padi Open Water course and dove to 18.5 meters in four days. Without a shadow of a doubt I managed to do this because of Chris's patience with me, his kindness, expertise and sheer awesomeness as a teacher. He pushed me and was strong when I needed to be challenged and was patient and understanding when I needed that.

I fell in love with Corfu and with diving. I still have a long way to go but I intend diving now to be a lifelong learning and passion.

My experience with Apollo Dive Centre is of course subjective however there are some things that cannot be denied. Chris has the kind of energy that no matter what goes on for you, you feel absolutely safe with him (essential if you have kids or you are a first time diver). His knowledge and expertise demands nothing but respect, no matter what level you are at with diving (probably important to note if you are a reasonably experienced diver).

Whatever personality traits, fears, ego you have; they are magnified by the water and Chris has a very rare intuition that can see absolutely what you need and the kind of person that you are to get the best out of you. Maria’s beautiful, gentle personality complements Chris perfectly, helping hold it all together she works tirelessly to make sure you have everything you need.

I could rattle on about Apollo Dive Centre's professionalism, their absolute demand for safety and quality equipment and how they weave it altogether with a fantastic sense of humour to make it a really fun experience but I think many others in the previous reviews have done that. What I would say is this...... I paid 360 Euros for my course, what I walked away with; a life changing experience, new found confidence in abilities I didn’t know I had, insights into what I need to change within myself to become a better person, new friends and an unforgettable four days......that was PRICELESS!

Date of experience: October 2014
"year old son"
"many thanks"
"a lot of fun"

Reviewed 14 October 2014

Apollo divers: warm and welcoming. Went through with you step by step of what needed doing ie how to set up the equipment. Gave you good guidance and gave you time. Enjoyable dive. Reasonably priced - though there may be cheaper on the island you will probably not get the personal attention. Emma & Rich

Date of experience: October 2014
3  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 24 September 2014

My first dives after I got my Padi Advanced Open Water in Thailand. It was a different experience. But the experience was good.
Chris (guide) was very experienced, nice and funny. Also his colleague Maria.
I didn't manage to do as many dives as I wanted. Because of the weather and family I only managed to do two dives.

I was in a group with 2 more. A very experienced divers and one with only a few dives but I believe both were also pleased with the dive centre. Therefor I recommend this Dive Center to all kinds of divers. I don't think better divers/guides are available at Corfu.

Thanks Chris and Maria,

Sincerely
Luuk

3  Thank Luuk S
Reviewed 14 September 2014

We tried scub diving for the first time and it was great. We were a group of 5 people and dived at the beautiful beach of nissaki about 5m deep. The instructors were funny, professional and helpful.though i am a careful person it was not stressing and alot of fun.

6  Thank Eva G
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 September 2014

I'm an averagely experienced diver - over 50 dives and an advanced open water, so have dived in many parts of the world - so i think after a while your nose will lead you to the better dive centres somehow and thankfully this was the case! I could have been unlucky as it sounds like there are quite a few unlicensed/inexperienced centres on the Island but Chris is obviously a very experienced dive master who knows the seas around corfu like the back of his hand. The centre is small,informal and welcoming.

Everything is relaxed except when it comes to safety where he is very hawk-eyed! He also clearly has a respect and love for the environment which personally will make a huge difference to me when i choose where to dive. I had a lovely couple of dives and hope to go back to see the many wrecks around the area but unfortunately came a little late to the site and was flying too close to go again this trip.

Chris will be happy to show you his recent 'toy' - his sonar tracking kit - we watched fascinated as he showed us wrecks we were passing over on the boat - and he's clearly trying to find new sites to dive so you will possibly go somewhere no one else has found yet!

Chris and Maria are both lovely and drove me all the way back to town when i arrived with no cash - so note everyone bring cash as they don't have card facilities!

Thoroughly recommended to anyone searching for a welcoming, knowledgeable and safe centre.

Thanks guys and hope to be back soon!

4  Thank feedthegoodwolf