“"Yes please"”
Review of Plaza Pallas Hotel

Plaza Pallas Hotel
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Tsilivi
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We chose this hotel based on recommendation. To be honest we were disappointed with what we got. First of all they gave us a room in the side building even though there were available rooms in the main building too. But the main building is for west-Europeans and the side one is for east-Europeans. The room didn't have a shower cabin, just a shower curtain. During the afternoon and evening there was no hot water. One day we received some smelly linen which were supposed to be clean. However the room was very big and had a nice balcony with view to the pool. The worst part was the noise during the night. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything from the other rooms. The bed was also huge but not comfortable at all. So , if you want to get a good rest, DON'T GO THERE.

The pool is nice, enough sunbeds. The staff is friendly and helpful, although they move a bit slow. If you order a sandwich at the pool you can wait 20 minutes before you get it. The only thing everybody working the hotel could speak in English was "yes, please". I think I heard that 10,000 times in one week:). One evening their joker(a skinny kid trying to be funny but failing) kicked us out from the main terrace because the terrace is not for people staying at their hotel, it's for new customers. Not pleasant at all.

The food is OK, but with not a lot of choices. The all inclusive menu is very basic. For the good drinks and cakes you have to spend "dineros".

Distance to the beach = 700m
Located in the centre of Tsilvi

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cristi F

Reviewed 15 September 2013

we have just come back from our stay at plaza pallas what great holiday we had there the staff go the extra mile to make your stay so special there is nothing that they will do to make you feel special the meals are brilliant the rooms are very clean bedding changed every other day we have never been treated like we were the staff where just great they came out to great us on arrivel and carried our luggage to our room thank ever so mutch to all the staff who work there it is very hard to single any one person out as they all are brilliant will we come back yes yes yes mr and mrs r metcalf

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed here in August 2013 with my children. I had booked the room with the hotel by e mail as I wanted a sea view and It couldn't have been easier. The room was lovely and the view from the large balcony was perfect. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and welcoming. The room was cleaned every day and we had no problem with the shower.We ate at the Olive Garden nearly every day and Demitri was soo funny and great with the kids. The food was fantastic and nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel as mention before is in a fab location. There was always sunbeds available at the pool. The gardens are lovely and the tortoises were fascinating.
I was worriedbout the transfer from the airport, as I have always travelled with holiday rep before, but it couldn't have been easier. The taxi rates for all resorts are displayed at the airport. The cab driver knew Spiros so I knew we would be ok. 1 week was too short, we had a fantastic holiday.
I am looking frward to coming back next year, but I don't want to give too much away as I want the same room!!

Room Tip: Sorry not giving any tips as I want my room again!!!
1  Thank Annette M
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We booked this hotel based on the positive reviews we read but shortly before we went there were a few negative reviews that had us doubting our decision. We needn't have worried! The hotel is in a prime location, 5mins walk to a beautiful beach and 2mins to the main shops/restaurants. Best place to be especially if you prefer being away from the noisy part of the resort.
There is a fantastic restaurant 'The Olive Garden' where you have breakfast/evening meal if going half board. The meals are buffet style but you can also eat in the restaurant and pick off the menu. Demitri and Olga are fantastic and provide a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and were great with the kids.
There is a bar called 'Sambuca' which shows all sports on large screens/TV's which was great. All the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make sure you have an excellent holiday. We booked with Travel Republic and requested a room away from the bar so the children weren't affected by the noise. We had a lovely room in a separate block from the main hotel. It had a huge bed, large balcony and a single bed and camp bed for the kids. The room was clean and quite spacious.
As for previous comments about the showers, if you have ever stayed in Greece/Turkey they have hand held showers which are the norm. If you direct them downwards they are fine. Yes, some water gets on the floor but you would have to be in there a long time to flood the room. As for vermin, we never saw any and the grounds were clean and free from rubbish. You do get some road noise but mopeds are common in Greece. The noise from the bar usually stops shortly after midnight but this didn't really affect us in the other block, it definitely wasn't excessive.
The pool was clean and warm and we were always able to get sun loungers.
Overall, we had a fantastic time and just wish it had been longer than 1 week. We definitely plan to return and hope it will be for longer next time. Don't be put off by the few negative reviews. You can book direct with the hotel on their website and we will definitely be trying this next time. Also, get a cab from the airport as its cheaper than booking transfers/taxis through the tour operators.

Room Tip: If you want to be away from possible noise from the bar choose either the top floor of the hotel or...
1  Thank pammy41
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We returned from our holiday in Tsilivi on Thursday having spent 2 weeks in resort. Spiros and his staff and especially Dimitri and staff of the Hotels Restaurant The Olive Garden are exceptional hosts/staff. The food was always excellent whether we chose the buffet for half board or the restaurant. Spiros forgive me for saying that the accommodation was not what we expected and this in part is also down to our travel agent Travel Republic. When I saw this holiday offered I called them to check that the apartment was 2 bedroomed and they confirmed that is was. When we got to our room what is really was/is, is a 1 bedroom with the usual sofa beds removed from the living area and replaced with proper beds. This meant the children sleeping under the aircon unit all night and having to sit on the beds in the evening when we were showering and getting changed. We did complain but were told that all the rooms were the same. There were a lot of Eastern Europeans staying too but we didn't find that too much bother. The rest of the Hotel is well maintained and Spiros keeps it spic and span. The resort itself is lovely. We were able to hire a reasonable car for 40euros a day and drove round some of the other resorts and half a day driving across the mountains to beaches and caves on the far side of the island as the roads are great. If you are looking for transfers from the airport use Zante Cars, they have a web site and you can book online. Fares are a standard price to all the resorts and it cost 20 euros to tsilivi. The local beach we thought was the best out of laganas, alykes and others.

1  Thank Tina H
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have just returned with my family from our 4th visit to this hotel. We loved it so much on our previous visits the way that Spiros, Katerina and their staff looked after us and the kids. This was the reason why my wife and I choose to make this the venue for our wedding Katerina and Claire organised the whole thing. All I can say is a big thank you to you all as we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day my wife looked stunning flower were just as were imagined the food was fantastic and the kids ending up in the children's pool after the ceremony was a perfect end to a fun filled day. I would have said that it would have been hard to top that but the rest of the holiday wasn't far short of that especially that song from a great guy we met out there BOMBA ROCK. So again thank you to Katerina and Claire for arranging it all Spiros and Yanni for the all round entertainment Babis and Angelica for the wonderful food. See you all next year for our 1st anniversary.

2  Thank T0nyRosana
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Well iv been goin to tsilivi for 7 years,and only found out about the sambuca bar this year. The best bar in resort by a country mile, spiros and yanni take a bow, hilariously funny, welcoming and ultra friendly, bent over backwards for us, and it was apleasure to spend my euros in there, when spiros let me that is ha ha! Thank you very much spiros and yanni! Anyone goin tsilivi must sample a night in sambuca bar, youd be a fool to miss out! Nick and mandy

1  Thank Nicky Noo W