I stayed in Plaza Pallas Hotel in august 2014, toghter with my husband and two kids.
Officially this is a 3 stars hotel, not a 4 star hotel as they promote it. When I bought the ticket, the hotel was promoted as a 4 stars (that is how it was included in the contract with the agency). Two days before departure, the hotel had 3 stars on the voucher! I had discussions with the agency (Z Tour in partnership with Christian Tour) - they gave several stupid explanations: firstly they said it was just a mistake on the voucher, later they said that maybe the hotel has been demoted and later on that the hotel had always 3 stars but due to the "good conditions" they promote it as a 4 stars hotel. Smart agency: may I say this is theft and fraud?
When we reached the hotel, it hardly had one star: dirty, full of mold, old furniture (see the matrimonial bed and the additional bed for kid), walls full of dampness. In the lobby of the hotel we found some trays with rat poison... We did not see the rats, but we imagined that they were there, maybe in the kitchen...
When I say dirty and mold, it's not like the room was not clean for a week. I had the feeling it has not been cleaned for two years.
The hotel actually had two wings. The one that is really bad - where we initially stayed, and a new one, that looked better (the building with reception). Yet we found the rat poison in the lobby at the reception.
We had a big discussion with them and finally they moved us in a Junior Suite room in the reception building. It was just a normal room not a special one as the name suggests, apparently cleaner. Imagine that after we had big discussions about the mold, we found mold in the bathroom of the new room, too!
I cannot imagine what clean means for the hotel kitchen. Your really put your life in danger there.
We wanted to leave Greece urgently, but during summer you cannot find any plane ticket.
- the kids slides that appear on the site pictures do not exist at all.
- food is really bad and the meal hours are not appropriate if you have all inclusive package as we had
- the hotel is not that close to the beach
- service is bad, the waiters are not interested in customers
Please see the pictures. The black spots on the bathroom carpet, the hair dryer and the door is mold.
First time in Greece, for sure the last in the next 10 years!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plaza Pallas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Plaza Pallas