“BEST HOLIDAY EVER!”
Review of Zante Star

Zante Star
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Tsilivi
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I first went to the zante star in 2011 and met some amzing friends there who I will keep for life. I had such a good time and enjoyed it so so so much. The rooms are cleaned everyday,it is a family run hotel so the staff are absolutely lovely and they seem to some how learn everyone by their name!
I then went back in 2012 and had just as much fun as I did the previous year with the high standard still there. I cannot wait to be going back this year with all the friends and my family who I met on the first year going.
if you want a fun, relaxing, enjoyable holiday to meet new people and have fun, then this is the place to go.
Literally some of the best times in my life :)
Also, if your loking for a good day out, go on the captain spiros boat trip. the best one going and really fun for all age groups (thats the truth. one of my friends had to sit on a box because there wasnt enough seats on another boat trip!)

Room Tip: There all lovely!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sophie R

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Really enjoyed my holiday at the Zante Star, the resort Tsivili was lovely and I would definitely visit both the hotel and resort again. The hotel is very clean and the staff and visiters are all very friendly and make you feel really welcome. The apartments are very well equipped for Greece - bottle opener, tea towel, plates, pots, pans etc. There is a hair dryer in the bathroom - not very powerful but it worked fine for me and saved me from packing mine and using the very small luggage allowance.

We used hertz from the airport for our car hire, we had the car for a week, but I recommend only a few days as you can visit everything in a few days. Also, if you hire a car from the airport and arrive in darkness, the sign are really hard to make out so please be mindful of this.

The sea at Tsivili was like a millpond, really calm and great for kids. There is a small patch of stone/rocks when you first enter but you can easily swim over these to a bed of sand and the water is shallow, the beach was lovely too.

We ate at a few restaurants:
Olive Tree - best restaurant in Tsivili - food was unbelievable and the wine was lovely too
Sweet Revenge - Bad meals, too much garlic and the risotto was tasteless
Balcony - Beautiful views and the food was good (not amazing but good)

Only cons we have with the hotel is the beds were uncomfortable, only twin beds. When you are a couple having a romanitc week away its not ideal as there is big gap in between them that can't be made smaller when pushed together because of the way the beds are made.

The wine in the hotel wasn't very good - in my opinion.

Air conditioning should be included in the rate and not a separate charge.

Can't fault anything else - would highly recommend

3  Thank Sunseeker222
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

We got this hotel off trip advisor and we were glad we looked. The staff were lovely and where always there to help if something went wrong. The cleaners were fantastic, everything was spotless. They made it an attractive place to go. Despite all this, there were some bad points.
On a scorching tuesday morning all we wanted to do was sit by the swimming pool on the sunbeds and relax however, people had got up early to put a towel on a sunbed to ensure they had somewhere to relax any time they wanted. Therefore we had to walk 5 minutes to the beach and stay there all day. Lots of the people had been before and made us feel like they had a club that we didn't belong too.
On a Wednesday evening they had a pool tornament for the adults and had a tornumant for kids the next morning. The prizes were great. The town was 10 minutes away. They had some great restuarents but the vegetarian was all the same in every restrant. All in all a great hotel and would certainly go there again.
Luis

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank jillybacon
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

Very clean, good location great pool area all round nice apartments and would go back to this hotel if I returned to Zante! The hotel is in a good lactation to explore the island, would definitely recommend it

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Squiff72
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Just returned from Zante Star after a 2 week holiday here with my wife. Was greeted with a hug from Eirini Helen and Toula on our arrival. After 2 days we paid extra and upgraded to the larger room above the bar and reception. Excellent. We had a couple of days rain and bad storms but this didn't spoil anything as we just stayed in the bar area. A short walk into tsilivi where we found good restaurants although some were closed the second week as its the end of the season. The staff at Zante star are excellent, cleaners always had a smile and the lovely Anna at the bar was fantastic. We stayed in a 5 star hotel in Cyprus in September which cost more than 3 times what we paid for Zante star but wasn't as good as here. It's not what you pay that makes a holiday, it's the people and level of friendliness that counts and we are planning to return to Zante star next year. Well deserves the trip adviser award which is proudly displayed in reception.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrianEastGrinstead
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We spent 2 weeks in September at the Zante Star and it has to be the best place I have ever stayed.
The place is just so nicely designed, lovely and clean and has the friendliest staff on the island.
Free wifi in the lounge/bar which stretches to the pool area was a pleasant bonus.
They have a tasty, wide range of food and drink, all very reasonably priced, (2.5 euros a beer).
The pool was lush and there were plenty of sunbeds, free lilos and rubber rings.
The local supermarket is a 5 minute walk, the beach a 10 minute walk and the town a 15 minute walk.
Tsilivi has lots of amazing, varied restaurants, we didn't have a bad meal the whole time we were there.
The Sambuca bar which is at the start of the town is a must with its wide cocktail range and beers served in a glass boot!
All in all a fantastic holiday was had which is down to the friendliness of the Zante Star and the Tsilivi locals! If I visit Zakynthos again I will definitely be booking the Zante Star!

1  Thank Jojoreview
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Fantastic week at the Zante Star hotel in Tsilivi.
Traveled as a couple for a relaxing weeks holiday and had not read previous reviews on trip advisor therefore did not have any previous expectations of what to expect.
One word says it all Wonderfu ! absolutely no complaints about anything, the title of my review says it all. The staff are the hotels best asset.

Room Tip: We asked for a low level room and were accommodated without any problem.
3  Thank jacqui290161
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tsilivi
5 mi away
Tui Sensimar Caravel Resort and Spa
Zante Maris Hotel
Zante Maris Hotel
#6 of 51 in Tsilivi

Been to Zante Star? Share your experiences!