Zante Star
    Petros Hotel(Tsilivi)
    Very Good 4/5
    • Breakfast included
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsgreek nightwashing up liquidminute walkplenty of sunbedsnext yearnothing is too much troubleolive grovesmemory foamowners and staffyear after yearhorse and carriagegreat holidayolympic holidaysfamily run hotelself cateringtwo weeksfantastic hotel
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 15 June 2014

arrived at zante star to be met by very friendly lady owner who took our cases to room! Room 133 is a separate apartment at front of hotel just below level of pool. views inland over village and olive groves..large comfortable room with sofa large bathroom separate bedroom lots of pots pans etc even washing up liquid!very friendly staff always greeted us with a smile laughing at my efforts at greek!very clean hotel plenty of sun beds(to be fair no one tried to put towels on beds).food very good and reasonably priced eg large pizza £6 kebab chips pitta tzatsiki salad£5 large beer 2 euros happy hour large portions.greek night very good £10 lots of lovely food and entertainment.5 minutes walk to alex supermarket turn left and further 5 to 7 minutes into town.lots of bars and restaurants .10 minutes to beach.rooms cleaned every day(not sunday) bedding and towels every other day.would definitely return to this hotel!

Room Tip: room 133 separate apartment lovely and quiet
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank timmotown1
    Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at the Zante Star from 5th to 13th June 2014. Our holiday was amazing from start to finish despite a little accident! The room was spacious, clean, modern and as people have mentioned in previous reviews the shower is great! The staff are extremely friendly and nothing is too much trouble.......to prove....... I had an accident on the Greek night falling over on my ankle whilst dancing(no vodka north involved at all!). I was assisted to bed by Helen an Irene who got me a cold ice compress. The next morning a pair of crutches arrived and Toula drove me to the hospital where I got checked out. We were due to check out on Thurs at 12pm not flying until 5am Fri morning but Helen found us a room to use until we left and made phone calls to the holiday company to make sure I could fly home with my injury. Now if that is not service above and beyond then I don't know what is. On top of that, Irene who runs the bar in the evenings is very friendly, remembers what you drink every night and is great to talk to. The food at the hotel is fantastic as well. The staff are a complete credit to the hotel and should be proud of the service the deliver. Tsvilli is a lovely resort and very friendly. There are plenty of good places to eat and drink. The beach is lovely, sandy and never overcrowded. The downside.....we were only there for a week and not 2!!!!!!! We will definitely be back, hopefully again his year if not next. Yamas Zante Star!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank HelenW1974
    Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We've just returned from a week at the Zante Star and had a lovely time.

On arrival we were greeted by the owners and our cases carried up to the room for us.

The room was lovely, spacious and modern and plenty big enough for a couple. Modern shower room, with well equipped kitchen/living room with a separate bedroom with double doors and a balcony overlooking the Olive groves. It really is in a lovely setting with fantastic views of the trees and the town. It's also only 15 minutes from the airport.

I was impressed by the attention to detail. There was washing up liquid and a sponge ready and salt and pepper, which was a nice touch as you don't want to be buying these but they're very useful.

The room was immaculately clean, the bed was made everyday and the towels changed every other day. In fact the whole hotel was spotlessly clean and very well presented.

The best part of the room was the shower. It was worth coming on holiday just for this!

We decided to eat at the hotel on the first night. There was plenty of food to choose from and it was all delicious. All the food and drink was very reasonably priced. You could have eaten there every day if you didn't want to go out.

I talked to other guests at the bar. Most of them had been at least once before or had return stays booked for later in the year.

The pool was lovely, private as no other properties overlooked it. There were plenty of sun beds.

The hotel is quite rural down a country lane so it's very quiet. The only noise that you hear are the cockerels and the dogs barking at night time, and the occasional Greek night/karaoke from other hotels which always stopped by midnight.

There is a small supermarket nearby, a five minute walk and the beach is a little further about 10 minutes walk. The town centre is about 15 minutes walk and there is a good selection of bars, cafés, restaurants, supermarkets and shops. Athena was the best restaurant we ate at with about 200 main courses.

I would recommend the Zante Star to anyone as everyone who works there clearly take great pride in it and what they do. Everyone was uber friendly and very helpful, even taking my postcards to the postoffice in Zante town so they would get to England quicker. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and that made for a racing holiday knowing that you're going to get good service and be well looked after.

The only thing I would say to anyone going here is there are lots of steps and no lifts or slopes so if you have mobility issues it's not for you. Otherwise go and have a fabulous holiday. It's much better than the three stars it has and much nicer than any five star hotel I've stayed in abroad. I would definitely go back and take all the family next time.

Thank you Zante Star for helping us have a fantastic holiday.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank Ermyntrude
    Reviewed 6 June 2014

It's gets better and better every time we come to the Zante Star. This year we took numerous friends and family (28 of us) and everyone said what a clean, relaxing, hospitable and value for money hotel the Zante Star is. The girls who run the hotel are just lovely, nothing is too much trouble and you really get a personal service. The restaurants in the area are excellent and I would recommend Sweet Revenge, King Prawn and Benikos to name a few. However, we have eaten at numerous restaurants and have never had a bad meal. My only concern is that it will become harder and harder to bet booked at this hotel especially with all the Trip advisor awards it wins.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
    2  Thank Jules8988
    Reviewed 5 June 2014

Got back last thursday 29th after a weeks stay to attend a family wedding at the Balcony Hotel,stayed here in 2004 and its as good as ever.Staff are lovely and friendly,can't do enough for you, the rooms clean and we got three towel changes although we were only on a one week stay.We will definitely return at some stage and would recommend the Zante Star for a nice relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family