“time it right!”

Tsilivi Beach Hotel
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Tsilivi
Reviewed 12 May 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here 03 May- 10 May. We were the first people of the season to check in. For this reason not all the facilities were available- no entertainment. However, this meant we were treated like gold for the very reason that there were so few of us in the hotel that week (only 25!). It was our first holiday together and neither of us have been abroad since we were kids.

The hotel itself was beautiful, really honestly gorgeous. The staff were really friendly, the rooms were cleaned daily. The bar staff (mainly a gent called Andy)- brilliant. Friends now even, big hugs before we left and a generous tip too. We stayed all inclusive and yes that does include alcohol much to my boyfriends approval! A warning though, they use half pint's so for my boyfriend (works in a pub drinks a fair amount) it can be hard to get drunk. They dont use house measures so for me little lightweight....3 sex on the beach cocktails (half pints) later and I'm no good to man nor beast, had to have a little lie down haha. Oh and ask for a "kiwi" Andy's special. YUMMY!

The restaraunt. Well, please keep in your minds that when it comes to eating in England I'm not so good at that either. Very fussy. I don't really eat lamb or anything spicy, cant have bread etc. It was all a buffet so I had a bit of choice...a bit. The breakfast was like a Greek take on a full english, plus fruits + cereals. We decided after one breakfast we'd go on search of a proper full english into the town (Popeye's is amazing btw....) Lunch was good, it was a hot buffet as well, lots of lamb and beef and potatoe type stuff. I tended to have the minced beef in red wine and then some like potatoe frittery things. They don't label the food so it's a bit "suck it and see" which I did mention in the feedback form. I'm not a fan of guessing which animal I'm about to eat in case it's rabbit or something, no nasty suprises though and my other half will eat anything so as long as it didnt make us ill it was okay (which it didnt, no food poisoning!). Dinner was much the same but with the offering of soup and dessert. I'm a dessert girl myself and they pleased me with all sorts of little Greek cakes and mouse gateaux. Have the vanilla ice cream too! Yummy.

The hotel placement is idyllic. Literally on the beach! The pool is huge with a secondary pool for watersports (which weren't available to us, they began a week later...). The hotel says it has 2 jaccuzzi's. No, no it doesn't. To me they are warm and bubbly. This was just 2 little smaller pools with a faint bubble- almost cold. Bit of a bummer really. The pool was cold in general, despite heat of 30 degrees. As many sun loungers as you like, free. Beautiful views, really gorgeous when the sunsets. Reception staff are helpful, checking you were okay.

TOP TIPS!
*Don't drink the water, get it bottled. You can get bottles from the bar, but not past midnight...stock up!!
*You cannot flush toilet paper in Greece. Anywhere. For someone who refuses to use communal toilets like me it's a bit of drama. Luckily my mum warned me and I took a thing of nappy sacks so no awkward moments sharing the little bin next to the loo with my boyf, he even used them too. Phew!
*The only snacks we were offered were ham cheese toasties from the bar, do not scoff at this. They were some bloody good toasties! Even if bread makes me ill... I don't know whether or not thats because again we were too early in the season but meh.
*Nefis Travel (located by Popeyes and the second office by Molly Malones and the Two Brothers bar) are brilliant for the island tours, shipwreck tours, speedboat tours and turtle tours.
*Yes you can haggle in shops.
*We took 300 euros each and that was enough for an all inclusive 7 night stay to cover and trips and shopping. Love shopping.
*0044 is the dialling code for England, and you miss out the first zero of the number your calling so it's like 0044712312312312 for a mobile number....
*You can't read Greek, you will be lost in conversation. fact. Everyone speaks a bit of English though! No dramas there at all.
*Taxi drivers driving may intimidate you, wrong side of the road etc. There is not one single road there though where it is permitted to exceed 50mph

All in all, we came back loved up, relaxed and happy. The island really is gorgeous. Truly. the hotel looked after us and we felt safe. Worth the money, even if it was quiet we had beautiful weather no rain or cloud and it just meant no-one forgot us, which I liked. The season was kicking off as we left and the town was beginning to really open and the hotel had employed the entertainment team on the last night we had so a little bit sore that we missed it...But you can easily entertain yourself. All inclusive bar hellloooo! haha.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Devon M

Reviewed 11 May 2012

just came back from a week here hotel is beautiful staff friendly great location. entertainment well there was none, the food was repeated daily, there was no menu so you didnt know what you was eating unless it was boiled egg because they were still in the shell. we went all inclusive the only snacks you could get were cheese toasties there was nothing for children no crisps or lollies or slush puppies it was an absolute disgrace. my group who stayed there consisted off me my husband my sister and her husband we were all very disappointed . also there was suppose to be tea and coffee making facilities in the room again there wasnt. we did make a complain to the rep but was again this feel on deaf ears so we are goint to complain to thomas cook to say we were all inclusive we ate out 5 days of the seven .every one we spoke to said this was because it was early on in the season, well i am not being funny we booked this over six months ago so they had plenty of time to get ready for us . overall very poor and we were left very disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank fran689
Reviewed 23 February 2012

All in all was a good stay - travelled with my boyfriend and stayed in October 2011 for 2 weeks. Weather was either brilliant sunshine or thunder storms! Staff were great and beach & pool were very nice! The food was ok - I have never been all inclusive before but there was always something to eat. I would not rate the entertainment, however the guys were great and we went out drinking with them a few times! Overall a good holiday, and I would return.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Beckyx14x
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Stayed here for one week for my Brother's wedding in Summer 2010 and the hotel is well below average. Trust me when I say that I'm not fussy but I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

My bathroom had a hole opposite the shower that went into the hallway which they said was ventilation. Anyone could look through this!!

The toilet bowl was cracked all the way up and leaking onto the floor when ever you used it.

When I complained to the Manager about this she was arrogant and started arguing with my saying it was a nice room! Unbelievable!! I paid over £500 for this room for one week!!

There were advertisements around the hotel showing a play area for children, when I asked about this for my nieces I was told it was broken a year ago and had not been replaced. This meant there was no entertainment for the children at all.

The worst part of the stay has to be the food. The first two days there was chicken, then on the third day this was obviously shopped up for chicken soup and brown chicken nuggets. Disgusting!! The supposedly fresh orange juice was watered down, I could go on and on. My Brothers and me are big lads and no fussy when it comes to food but after 3 days we had had enough and ate at local places just down the road. This did make the trip so much more expensive seen as though we had paid for all inclusive.

I would never go again!! Some relatives stayed at the Zante Maris Hotel and Phoenix Beach Hotel and loved it. If I ever went to Tsilivi again I would opt for one of these.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Adam L
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stayed here bk in august there was 6 of us all adults, the beach location was excellent and the rooms were spotless but it was the food which I thought let us down quite alot.

We stayed here for 10 days all inc and I know I am a fussy eater but I think I ate out in restuarants for about 5 of those days which is not good when you have paid for all inclusive.

Also the bar snacks were not very good a cheese and ham toastie or a little tiny bread roll, I spent most of my time at the little shop a few hundred yards up the road.

The pool was also very nice and the bar staff were really friendly but think they could of done with some better entertainment at night and some menus so that you can chose a drink from them so ya dont always have to drink the same cocktail.

All in all I would come back to greece and maybe back to this hotel if they did something with the food selection.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Rachel K
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We spent a week here in September as part of a large group holiday. Tsilivi was a fantastic resort lots to do. We had a really good holiday, weather was beautiful all week. Hotel was ideally placed so bars and restaurants were all in walking distance. Will definately go back to resort.

Overall hotel was nice - right next to beach. Pool was lovely; always managed to get a sun lounger and service at the bar was good. Hotel was clean and staff were really friendly and worked hard. We dont usually go on holiday all inclusive and we found the food pretty nice, plently of choice. Though we did eat out a couple of times for a change.

My only critism is that we booked with a lot of others all with the same company and all other guests were in the refurbished rooms which were beautiful: we were in a room the other side of hotel which was no where near as nice. Felt very short changed! Surely if you all pay the same you should expect the same quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alfie1980
Reviewed 23 October 2011

just returned from tsivili beach hotel after a mixed bag of weather and after reading a mixed bag of reveiws we found the hotel and its beach location lovely the pool area was nice and clean our room was good and maid service excellent the staff were wonderfull always on hand to help you enjoy your holiday the things that let this hotel down is the food and alcoholic drinks the food at breakfast and lunch wasent too bad apart from it only being bearly warm the evening meals were the same but of a poorer quality and seemed as if they had been cooked the day before as they were always dried up we were there for 11 nights and had to eat out for 7 of them which defeated the object of going all inc also you could drink yourself sober at the bar as i think they forgot to put any alcohol in them there was no entertainment to speak of but maybe because it was late in the year and the hotel was getting ready to close we did find a fantastic restaurent called gorgios opposite the ark bar where we eat every time we eat out good homecooked food and plenty of it reasonably priced the ark bar is also the best bar in the area i would visit tsivili again and stay atthe tsivli beach hotel but only if they did self catering this is defenatly only a 2 star hotel but if they got their act together could be a 4 star +

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family