“Nice hotel-excellent animation team-very good food”

Tsilivi Beach Hotel
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Tsilivi
Reviewed 31 August 2013

It was our 3rd time in Tsilivi beach hotel and everything was fantastic, apart from the first day. We didnt had the room that i had booked and that was a disappoitment. However, the second day we changed to a better room and then it was all good. I'd like to point out the variety and quantity of all meals and the fact that the head chef was always listening to our opinions about the food. But, the most friendly staff was the animation team (Sophie,Ashlea,Luke,Drew) that did an amazing job at entaining the visitors and especially the youth. Greetings from Lydia and Paul. We hope to see you again on the following summer.

2  Thank KatiaK234

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I want to add a balanced review to this hotel and I hope I do just that.

We booked this hotel with my family, for my brothers wedding, held at another hotel.

Out of the 14 of us 5 managed the whole holiday without falling Ill, this may have nothing to do with the hotel, and probably doesn't. However, of the 14 of us none of us could stomach the canteen after 4 days. This is a clean but slightly shabby, on the outside, hotel. The rooms are unarguably clean, the staff helpful and courteous, the hotel facilities I.e. pool, bar, canteen need improvement. The children's play area is routinely wrecked every night.

If you are looking to spend 14 nights ignorant to your children and general surroundings, and don't mind eating in the same hot and univiting room for all your meals, BOOK THIS HOTEL.

However, if the same old routine bugs you, think twice, it really is hard to escape the repetitiveness of this hotel, the foods OK, the canteen, and I call it a canteen, opposed to a restaurant, is stomach wrenchingly awful. The entertainment lacks imagination, in fact on one night, whilst walking our 14 month old around in their pram, I caught a member of the entertainment staff in a compromising situation with a guest by one of the portaloos loving rebranded as poolside toilets.

As I said this hotel leaves something to be desired, but then again so does the whole island . If youre looking for a Greek escape, looking at this hotel, you're looking in the wrong place.

We have spent many holidays enjoying Greek food, tradition and an enjoyable holiday, the Tsilivi Beach Hotel failed to provide any of these.

I started this review wanting to offer a balanced opinion, reading back I have not achieved this and my only assumption is that there is no balanced view of this hotel, only a poor one.

4  Thank TheSmithsSheffield
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Just got back from Tsilivi.
The Tsilivi Beach Hotel is fantastically located right on the beach. The hotel itself is very clean, I don't think I've been anywhere else like it. The rooms are very nice and practical. I strongly recommend the Jnr Suite for small families or couples.
The food is very nice with a huge variety which is a rarity.
The hotel staff were very helpful & polite. They even made packed lunch for trips.
The entertainment staff were outstanding especially Luke.
They work very hard and entertain kids and adults throughout the day 6days a week. Water Polo was my favourite.
Night entertainment is very good, the staff bring everybody together.
Overall this is a great hotel with great staff, food and facilities. Entertainment is beyond expectations.
If you fancy Zante Tsilivi Beach Hotel is the only place to stay.

2  Thank TimStringer1
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Our family had booked next door to this hotel because Greeks don't believe in "all inclusive". What a mistake. You are still able to go out and enjoy the wonderful restaurants and support the economy. We stayed in the palezetto suite and also saw the other suites. When an adjoining hotel disappointed us we found this one. So clean and spacious and had it's own beachfront and pools for kids. Listen I've read the reviews and people have to understand you are on a beach so it's hard to keep the sand off. Also in Greece you book your chairs on the beach by phone or day before or else good luck if you want to be late in the morning. This hotel had something for everyone. Breakfast excellent. I've seen the others on Tsilivi beach and this is one of the best ones. I'm definitely staying here again.

Room Tip: Make a request for your room as all hotels have better rooms and contact before arriving to make sur...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mary h
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We are a family of 4 who have recently returned from a two week all inclusive holiday at this hotel where we stayed as part of a large group of 5 families. Firstly the hotel is ideally situated only a few yards from a pleasant child friendly beach in the middle of a resort that has something for everyone. And because the pool, bar, beach and play areas are all in very close proximity it makes for a superb hotel for kids of all ages. The hotel itself is 3 star but in my opinion they have tried very hard, and with some success, to make sure that it is at the top end of the family 3 star all inclusive type hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful, we had a minor issue of a light not working in our room and it was fixed within 24 hours. The rooms are exactly what you would expect and were kept clean and tidy. The food (which seems to have had bad press looking at last years reviews) was great. Of course there are items that are there every day but there is also a lot of variation on a day to day basis with themed nights 3 or 4 times a week. Again I would say the food was well above the average for this type of hotel. I expect the facilities including a games room, basketball pitch, small football pitch, "sports" pool, small kids play area and an entertainment stage are better than most, if not all, of the other hotels of this type on the island. The on site team of Luke, Drew, Ashlea and Sophie provided entertainment and activities for kids and adults from 10.45 in the morning until 11.30 at night 6 days a week and did a great job of getting people involved if they wanted to and left you alone if you didn't. They weren't at all pushy and great to chat to whether you were taking part or not. They were also great to go out for a drink with after they finished! The bar staff of Julian and Andy (with an occasional third person at busy times) were fast and efficient and did a good job of keeping the punters happy! In conclusion this was an extremely enjoyable holiday in a nice resort and I would recommend it to families and groups

Room Tip: The first and second floors should all give good views of the facilities and sea
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank 7603peterc
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We spend there 1 week with the family of 6 persons. We bought vacations via tourist office. We had 2 rooms. Both were paid as the rooms with full sea view but only one had it. Hotel is perfectly located. Sea is just 10-15m from swimming pool. Beach is sandy but very narrow. Sea excellent especially for kids. Hotel looks pretty good but definitely management do not care about service quality. The most common answer in reception was " please come later" or "will inform manager". Havent seen any manager on board. Restaurant food at average level. Having all inclusive do not count on nice food between. You will have only toasts served by barman. Swimming pools very good but not clean enought for me. A lot of sand on the bottom. Pool towels paid 5 Eur and difficult system for replacing for clean one. Mix of countries within visitors but majority are British. So if you want to feel like UK it is the right place to be. Animation team is British too. Very poor program and dedicated to British only - example: if you have a show with questions related to most famous English program nobody except Brits can answer it. Not enough sunbeds on the pool area means problem when you don't wake up very early. Some of Brits book sunbeds the evening before ... I personally hate this behaviour and there was no any reaction from stuff. If swimming pool is important and hotel location you can choose the place. If you look for better service and quality in all aspects I will recommend to look for other place to stay on Tsilivi beach.

4  Thank WarsawExplorer
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Had a great time staying at this hotel all around reception,bar staff,cleaning staff, entertainment crew were all really friendly and helpful. Luke,Drew,Ashlea & Sophie were fantastic with the day entertainment (pool party so much fun) night entertainment was just as good and they were also willing to chat with you after they had finished for the night. No complaints about our room we were a party of 9,3 rooms and all rooms good, beach was a few steps from bar yes it was stoney but a little walk to the right and a path in with no stones the sea was beautiful. Would not hesitate to recommend to friends or return myself.

4  Thank Trisha-Scotland