“Very welcoming”

Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Tsilivi
MK England
“Very welcoming”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Last minute booking = again!
Pleasantly surprised by the welcome from the First Choice lady, Stacey, who contrary to a previous review was extremely helpful and efficient.
We had a 2nd floor room with beach view (the speed of the lift was as laid-back as the Greeks!). The view was superb - wonderful sunrise and a mill-pond calm sea.
Our room was the usual lay out, twin beds, shower/bathroom and balcony with wardrobe, chest of drawers, fridge and TV. Air con not included in All Inclusive - available at 5 Euros a day - worth getting I think.
The weather was good, getting hotter each day.
Pool area very nice, seemed well maintained. Plenty of sun loungers there and on sun terrace.
Beach was quite busy but again always seemed to be loungers and sunshades available(6 Euros a day for 2).
The sea was wonderfully crystal clear; fish could be seen swimming round your feet. Very safe bathing too.
The bar is next to the beach, in a covered area which includes the evening entertainment area and leads to the restaurant.
The food was buffet, a different theme each night and was passable, all well cooked but not always to our taste so as a result we ate out on 3 occasions.
The walk into town took about 10 minutes - but be warned, especially if you have small children - you take your life in your hands when trying to cross the road. The town is busy and colourful with the usual mix of restaurants and bars. I would recommend Georgios and Micriacropoli for a pleasant evening meal.
Now to a couple of negatives: Not enough toilets, too far from the bar. The lobby bar never opened once - it would have been nice to have a change of scenery or to sit there in the evening if the entertainment wasn't for you.
And - in the literature it states that for All Inclusive guests the bar was open until midnight - this never happens. The bar shut at 23.00 each night (despite our holiday friend Julie trying to convince the bar staff that their clock was wrong so she could get a last brandy - almost had her head chopped off by the shutter coming down!!!!)
Just a quick mention to the Entertainment team -thank you - brilliant!!! and the the bar staff 'Tom Cruise', 'Bletchley' and James (loved the Michael Jackson impersonation)
All in all I had a lovely, relaxing holiday and met some really nice people.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool were noisier. Our room 638 faced the sea - no noise except the waves.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KATHY-MK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Right when we first got there I was with wedding party of 11 hey did not have enough rooms for all so some were moved to another hotel,the rooms were advertised with air conditioning and beach view they lied no beach view and air con was an extra 7euros a night extra ,the lift had broken down which it did regurly while we were there for a week,staff on the desk weren't helpful and to few staff on to help I had to carry some elderly guests cases up to the 3rd floor who I did not know because staff weren't available and wouldnt come from reception desk to help,
That was our first day gutted
The plumbing was playing up to we had no hot water certain times of the day
Beds weren't comfy, one power socket in room

Then came the food cheap nasty mostly pork cooked in different sauces really poor I paid for all inclusive and ended up eating out all through the trip the beer was waterd down not much choice and spirits not much better,
Other than the hotel the area was stunning I would go back to Zante but no where near the tsvili beach hotel I saved up all year to give my family our first holiday and the hotel was horrendous please don't come here because I would not recommend it PLEASE READ MY REVIEW ESPECIALLY IF YOURE TAKING FAMILY.

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Justin M

Travellers are raving about these Tsilivi hotels

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just returned from a weeks holiday at the Tsilivi Beach Hotel,found it by chance on the internet but so glad we picked it.hotel staff very accomodating and spoke very good English.
The setting of the hotel over looking the beach was fab,plenty of choice in the restaurant and also serving ice-cream and snacks inbetween meals. Close to shops and bars if needed. As for the entertainment team they were amazing all four of them English and did a fantastic job Well Done!!
Want to book again for next year. Ignore any bad reviews on this hotel,can't complain about anything.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Julia L
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just spent enjoyable 7 days at this hotel. It has a nice pool area, lovely bar overlooking the beach and sea, and the all inclusive buffet was a very good standard. The bars and restaurants in the town are only a 10-15 walk and buses go into Zakynthos town from there once an hour. Our room had a partial sea view, some have better sea views, some have pool views, it was clean and the beds comfortable. This was a late booking so didn't know what to expect and was very happy when we arrived and saw hotel for the first time.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel have full sea view, all rooms have either pool view or some
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Vouliagmeni, Greece
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very dirty, I even found cockroaches in the bathroom, I found hair in the food, and generally the stuff didn't care at all for their customers. Terrible experience, the dirtiest hotel I've been to. Not worth its very expensive price. I do not recommend it to anybody. Awful!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank katerina_kat562635
Congleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Just got after two week there . We had a fabulous time , carnt fault it ! The staff are hard working and so helpful , the food was excellent , the location is perfect and the entertainment crew are fantastic !! They work so hard and very professional great shows a mixed bag for everyone ! We made many friends ! Mel Pete and the two Denise's

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Melblink
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

As several other posters I was a little bit unsure after reading a lot of negative reviews. If anything, this helped to manage my expectations.

Group: My wife, our 2 year old son and myself.

Booking method: Booked 6 months in advance. I was about to book via one of the main UK tour operators but their website was coming down every time right at the payment stage. Hence I booked flights with budget airline and hotel via one of the most well known hotel booking websites. In the end I paid exactly 25% less than the package holiday.

The location of the hotel is the biggest plus. Right on the beach which is long and sandy (I saw some comments about pebbles - yes there is about 0.5% pebbles and 99.5% sand). You pay 6 euros for two sunbeds and can stay all day. The beach is not run by the hotel but by the local authorities. We were going to the beach every day from early in the morning till late afternoon and loved it. Especially our son had a great time as he was playing with the sand and was gaining confidence getting in the water since it's very shallow. Perfect beach for young children. Finding sunbeds was never a problem as most people preferred to spend their time by the pool.

The hotel is not the most modern looking. The balconies are decorated with flowers which looks nice and my wife liked the look of it. The main swimming pool was of decent size and looked ok to me. We barely spent any time there as we like to be on the beach - unlike about 95% of the people in the hotel! First tip: why would you book a holiday ON THE BEACH and spend all your time by the pool? Book another hotel that may be cheaper and have a better pool but 10mins walk from the beach. Being on the beach bears a premium that I would happily pay but you may avoid.

Anyway, the pool seemed to have enough sunbeds and I'd say about 30% of them were replaced with new ones during our stay.

The hotel need to build a much better playground. The one available is by the bar and the swimming pool but it's a very basic one. Anyway it was enough to keep our son busy. There was also another swimming pool where people were playing water polo, a basketball court and a small football court.

The bar was basic and open from 11am till 11pm. We did not care about alcohol so no comment about the drinks. One thing they could do is to offer frappe and freddo coffees as part of the all inclusive deal but the hotel is mainly adjusted to non Greek people therefore this is understandable. Snacks included toasties, small cold sandwiches and some spinach pies etc. They were ok. There was ice cream as well which was nice. The bar staff were always friendly and polite.

The room was clean and good size. We had a sea view room directly over the beach and it was great. I would imagine it was the best room in the hotel based on views. The bathroom was nice, clean, there was a fridge which was helpful and a small tv. The bed was large and comfortable. We did not need air conditioning during our stay. We slept with windows open and air was coming through the shutters.

The food was good. There was always variety and for every single meal there would be at least one dish that was really good. I wanted to see more fish and seafood - there was hardly any. We could always find a table and a high chair and the staff were helpful. All in all we liked it but we did eat outside a few times to try something else. Again, it's good value for money and for a 3 star all inclusive hotel. I would not call it traditional greek food but mostly food adjusted to tourist standards. From what I saw most people were enjoying it (based on consumption rate) although there were a lot of people that would not even try aubergine based dishes which were great and would complain about the chicken nuggets. You get the point.

I cannot comment on entertainment as we were going out of the resort every night. Having said that the entertainment team seemed to work hard all day and they were very nice people.

The town of Tsilivi is ok. It's only a 5 minute walk from the hotel and it has a lot of bars and restaurants. Typical village that has grown to cater for a large tourist population and especially British tourists. That means full English breakfast everywhere, fish and chips etc. Very very difficult to find normal greek food in Tsilivi. Being Greek living in London I essentially saw a British town in a Greek island. We appreciated the fact that it was close, it was busy, had supermarkets etc but overall a little bit disappointing for us.

Overall, in our 10 day stay we wanted to explore the island as opposed to staying solely within the resort limits. We travelled around the island and visited other beaches too. The island is very beautiful and I would encourage people to try to see what it has to offer. The hotel is great value for money and good for us that wanted: a place ON the beach that we could also use as a base if we needed to. If you expect a 5 star resort then pay for one. If you expect a resort with its own water park then book a hotel that has one.

I would not mind going back to the same hotel based on the hotel satisfaction alone. But I do not think we would visit the town of Tsilivi again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family