“Hotel looks nice, HB dont do.”
Review of smartline Princess

and 1 more site!
smartline Princess
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Tsilivi
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week from 23rd Aug. After many years of returning to Tsilivi, we decided to stay half board. The hotel is very well presented around the pool area and is in good location to bars and restaurants.

The staff were very helpful and friendly, always saying hello.

The room are basic and small, we stayed in room 107, the shower was very powerful, but it was a hand held shower. The bathroom flooded every time we used it. There were 2 screws sticking out of the wall. The toilet had to be flushed with a hair brush handle due to the depth of the flush button.

The down fall to this hotel is the HB that is advertised as A la carte, it has never been A la carte. The menu is basic. The breakfast was very poor, bread was stale and dry. Some days the attendant would only have 2 boiled eggs available, when there was more people in the breakfast area. Coffee was always cold.

The towels only get changed once a week, unless you pay for them to be changed daily. In regards to the sheets these never got changed in the week we stayed.

We have stayed in a few places in Tsilivi over the last 10 years and this is one hotel I will not be returning to other than we stayed self catering. If you are looking for a good hotel I would recommend you stay at Contessina Hotel Bed and breakfast the rooms are nicely decorated and clean sheets and towels everyday. If you are looking for self catering I can recommend Neraida studios both are in a prime location close to all bars restaurants, shops and beach

Room Tip: stay self catering
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traceytaylor

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Been to the princess hotel for the last five years and is going to book for next year again brilliant hotel for the money you pay lovely friendly staff the princess and mavrias one apartments are really clean babis and dimi the managers are really nice and go out of there way to do anything they cant to help you they also do lovely food at the pool bar which is reasonable priced and little thanos what more cant you say about him he is a lovely person also demi's children they are great nothing is to much trouble for them the owners of mavrias one are very nice people we have met lots of new friends since going there and we always keep in touch when we go home cant wait to go back next year to see them all

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My 15yr old teenager son & I joined my parents for a 5 day stay here in June 2013 - beautifully clean & well kept, pool is lovely, pool bar reasonably priced, hotel is a very short stroll to bars, restaurants and supermarket. Only negative thing I would say about this lovely little hotel is we went B&B - instead of self catering because of the short duration we were staying - and I wouldn't bother as the breakfast is barely continental and the coffee weak & luke warm. I would definitely return to this hotel & Tsilivi again only on a self catering basis.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We returned home last week after spending 2weeks at the apartments attached to the hotel. This is our 3rd visit and again had a fabulous time. Even though its 4 years since our last visit we were amazed at the welcome we got and people still recognised us. The whole complex is really well maintained and spotless. It's great for couples/families and each time we've been we speak with others who visit time and time again. The staff are really friendly and attentive without being overpowering. Babis, the owner kept us supplied with melons from his garden at the back of the hotel - they were lovely. The resort, although it has grown hasn't lost any of it's appeal. The restaurants are reasonably priced and I would recommend Sweet Revenge, Benikos, Pierro's and of course Freddy's new restaurant Micriacropoli. Can't wait to go back again!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My family and i spent 2 weeks in the Princess Hotel,Tsilivi and found the facilities basic but adequate. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The pool and bar area were clean,tidy and pleasant. The room was a little smaller than we expected but we were only using it to sleep in anyway so it didnt bother us. The balconys at the back of the hotel over looking the gardens were not private.

The staff, no matter what time of the day would always be willing to interact but still looking out for their other guests. Couldnt ask for a better bunch of staff.

My only gripe is the 7 euros per day for the air conditioning.

We had read reports on trip advisor about loud music till 2am. We found this not to be the case.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My partner and I will be returning to the Princess Hotel in Tsilivi for the third time, as soon as we arrived we felt instantly welcome, with staff been very accommodating and friendly. Made great friends with the bar staff around the pool and year on year greet us with a big smile. The rooms are all clean spacious with great views onto the pool and the vineyards at the back of the hotel. Very much looking forward to our summer holiday in 2 weeks it cannot come quick enough.!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed a week in early June. Rooms are very basic but fairly clean. A little small for 3 to be sharing as we did. Hot water was a bit hit and miss and I had to have a cold shower a couple of times. Beds were a bit hard for me but the camp bed was more comfortable so I had that instead and had a good night's sleep on that. Staff are brilliant and very friendly.

We went B&B but it turned out to be a kind of continental one. I say 'kind of' because there was not much choice and it was the same every day. Hard boiled eggs (that we saw being set out the night before) Bread that you can toast yourself on one of the 2 toasters they have. Thin slices of processed cheese and ham. Tinned fruit and Greek yoghurt. Tea, coffee or juice. Tea and coffee were usually luke warm unless you copped it right and they had just put a new jug out. The greek yoghurt with honey and a bit of fruit was the best of the lot for me, but sometimes we went out for brekkie as it got a little monotonous at the hotel. The hotel does full English though which you can pay for (about 5 euros if I remember correctly) It's ok but nothing to write home about.

The food in general at this hotel is average. They do snacks at the bar and evening meals and we ate there a few times and had some tasty ones and some not so tasty ones. I usually opted for the Greek food - they do a special each night - while my friends had burgers or English stuff. Their home-made burgers (which are not always on the menu and not to be confused with what they serve in the day for snacks) are very good my friends said. The greek food was a bit hit and miss, sometimes lovely, sometimes overcooked, tasteless or dried out. The waiter was a lovely guy and very funny. He really looked after us whenever we dined in.

The hotel puts on a BBQ which is around 15 euros and you get entertainment in with that, though the meat was overcooked and dry (chicken) and you don't get very much food. Village sausage - gorgeous though. On the whole we thought BBQ night poor value for money.

The pool is lovely and sometimes all the sunbeds were taken, but the staff always managed to find us some and brought us some out of storage. All in all this is a typical 3 star Greek hotel and for what we paid it was great and we can't complain. Service is great!

The bar plays music all day and all evening which was a little problematic at times, maybe because I'm getting on a bit now. I enjoy loud music, just not all the time and often felt that it prevented me from fully relaxing, especially if it was fast and upbeat music being played. You're just not in the mood for it sometimes, are you? It also kept me awake some nights as it went on until 1am, but not too much of a problem as sometimes didn't go to bed until later. Would imagine it to be a bigger problem for anyone wanting an early night though.

The location of the Princess is good - more or less right where all the taverners, bars and shops are and is situated just off the main drag of Tsilvi.

The free wifi is great, both in rooms and by the bar & pool - never had a problem connecting and the speed was good too.

The resort itself is lovely. It has some lovely places to eat, (didn't get a bad meal anywhere we tried) some good bars - we loved Jokers - a lively bar that does amazing cocktails, the best of all the other bars we visited, and it had a happy hour(s) which lasted until 10.30pm when we were there, making it cheaper than anywhere else we tried too. It plays great music and puts on live entertainment some nights too, and It is open until 5.30am for any night owls.

The beach is about a 10-15 minute walk away from the hotel and is lovely. There are loads of shops on the way, ranging from supermarkets, souvenir shops or clothes shops. Also a plethora of places to eat. The Dolphin Taverna offers free sunbeds to its patrons and very comfortable they are too.

Tsivili is wonderful resort with something for everyone. I would definitely return, but maybe not to the Princess.

Room Tip: Choose a self catering apartment as the main hotel rooms are a bit dated and pokey.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends