“We all know that olympus is the home of the gods but surely aqua bay is there holiday home”
Review of Aqua Bay Hotel

Aqua Bay Hotel
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Tsilivi
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just came back from a weeks holiday at aqua bay, week commencing 9 may 2014. Where do I begin to describe our experience at aqua bay. From the moment we walked through the doors to the moment we left we were treated like royalty.
The hotel itself is fairly new but very established. My partner is an ex chef and can be very picky with his food, but not here. The food we found was gorgeous, well prepared and a great varied selection everyday. The a la carte restaurant was also fantastic. Where do I begin to describe the staff. They all made you feel part of the family and were so helpful and friendly especially anna tsimis. My 6 year old daughter took to her instantly and there was nothing she wouldn't do for us. The waterpark connected to the hotel was an added bonus.
If you want an holiday where you feel like royalty I highly recommend aqua bay at tsilivi.
We will definitely be returning

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank 856sharona661

Reviewed 15 May 2014

On paper, before we even got here, it seemed to tick all the boxes. I have 2 young kids and my other half isn't into 'cheesy' entertainment etc but obviously with kids, you like to have a bit of it (my 4 year old daughter would go nuts if we missed her beloved mini disco!!)

You have the small, modern, peacefull Aqua Bay, the waterpark at a stones throw (which although open to the public, is not as crowded as you would imgaine - no queues for slides etc) and then the Planos Bay for any daytime activities, nightly entertainment etc. It's not sophisticated entertainment(!!), but still pleasant enough and nice to catch up with any friends made throughout your holiday, as Aqua Bay is VERY quiet of an evening!!

As everyone has already mentioned...the staff!!! What can I say?! They made our holiday what it was - unforgettable. I always prefer small hotels over big anyway as it has a more personal feel, but they litterally hear your name once, then that's it for the rest of your stay. Bela is just so lovely, you want to bring her home!! All the other Aqua Bay staff are just as nice. I know this is a review for Aqua, but the staff over at Planos Bay are just as nice. The Bar staff knew what drinks you have after just one round!! And, as for the entertainment team, I actually shed a tear when my daughter had her picture taken with them on our last night!! She misses them so much!! Even after we left, I contacted them to ask them what songs my daughter liked, and they even took the time to compile a list of all the tracks to email me.

We only went for a week, but are going to book up for 2 next year and I can't wait.

My only criticism would be to try and avoid the first week or two of the season as for some strange reason, they don't have all the theme nights/al a carte dining set up.

If you're considering going to this hotel...GO!!!

Room Tip: We had room #122 which is a ground floor family room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Clare G
Reviewed 8 April 2014

we went to this hotel last year in october, when we arrived we were greeted with a warm welcome and the staff were lovely, cannot fault them. we didnt expect to be getting a pool right outside of our appartments, a massive bonus as we perferred that to sitting round the hotes main pool. the rooms were immaculate and very nicely decorated. the food was fantastic, always fresh and there was new stuff to try every day. it wasnt far to walk to the shops and the bars. the water park was great for kids and my little sister was in and out every day, making new friends and playing all day long. the weather was amazing all week and we had a fab time. cannot fault it!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms on the bottom floor for the private pools
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Lakisha J
Reviewed 5 March 2014

where do I start about this Hotel, superb is the hotel. outstanding is the food magnificent of high quality are the staff of the highest quality, they go out of their way to make you feel like family they are of the highest standard, rooms are always clean and tidy and are exceptional, the water park is marvellous and wonderful, we went September 27 for 14 nights myself my wife, four children twin boys 12, girl 10 and our eldest girl 22 and mother in-law. It has 5 swimming pools that light up through out the night in different colours, chairs, lounge beds, slippers, robes, psp console, water park next to you. etc. staff Andreas Kouris such a lovely man went out of his way to take me to chemist for one of my children, Katerina Vlaxou, who is at the reception my children love her, Φωτεινη Νικολαου, lovely girl waitress, Bella head waitress goes out of her way to make sure your looked after, Fotini went and bought a present for my daughter when we leaving and all the rest of the staff are lovely. TO ME AND MY FAMILY AQUA BAY HOTEL STAFF ARE FAMILY TO US. THANK YOU.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank charles m
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

My husband, my son and I visited Zakynthos at the end of September, beginning of October. We stayed at Aqua Bay hotel in Tsilivi.
Honestly, you cannot find any fault at this hotel.
Nasia, from the reception, was very welcoming and she managed to find us a room at the ground floor, facing the gorgeous pools (room 120).
The family room is very spacious, modernly decorated, it has 2!!! flat screen TVs and a channel with Disney cartoons.
The terrace has comfortable cushions and the pool is right in front of the room.
The pool area was never too busy and you could always find sun loungers available.
When you buy the all-inclusive package, you have acces to the Tsilivi waterpark, which is right next to the hotel. The park has lots of waterslides for kids and adults.
The food is fantastic (you cannot stop eating those butter croissants! :)). There is a great variety and the lunch and dinner options change every day. We also went to the Greek night, organized in the water park, and it was very pleasant, with live music.
But everyone is right: the best thing at this hotel is the staff. Bella is wonderful!! She checks on you daily, speaks perfect English, she's always helpful when it comes to special requests (lunch boxes, early breakfast on the departure day etc.). Eleftheria (the name means Freedom) is a very warm person and she gave us a big hug when we left.
My advice: if you want to visit Zakynthos, this is the perfect hotel!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank Iulia_Mov_81
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic time in zante, the hotel was fantastic so was the water park, the staff were very friendly, would just like to give bella and katarena aspecial mention they were very helpful in every way, would go back again, people you need to try this one;

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Edwina D
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here from the 20th sept till the 4th october . In ground floor rooms 125 and 126 the rooms were clean and spotless the beds were so comfortable. I loved the rooms was excellent to wake up every morning and lounge about on our terrace on the bean bags provided . The pool were great to cool down and changed colour on a night time .
The food was excellent always lots of variety and themed nights in the waterpark .
Overall as written previously the staff are what makes this hotel extra special, so happy to help especially bella, katalina on reception, yiannis behind the bar, and andreas the waiter, also the young lady at the walnut bar .
If you go here make sure you go to molly maloanes irish bar, fantastic every night just a 10 min walk from aqua bay.Overall the hotel is what it is 5 star!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank ashton1579
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tsilivi
Tui Sensimar Caravel Resort and Spa
Lesante Blu Exclusive Beach Resort
Contessina Hotel
Contessina Hotel
#3 of 51 in Tsilivi

Been to Aqua Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!