“Planos”

Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Tsilivi
Prague, Czech Republic
“Planos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

We just came back from Zakynthos. I was very surprised about quality of the apartments. We got a room on the first floor facing the street with a terrace. There was a double bed and two separated beds with small sitting area and kitchen ( which we didn't use but you can find some basic kitchen equipment ). Apartment was cleaned daily - everything perfect. There is also a swimming pool with sunbeds, was full of children all the time - we prefer to go to the sea.
The only thing which we don't like were the dinners - the food was like in school canteen :-(
Breakfasts and dinners are served in opposite hotel - Admiral.
But we did not worried about that and visited many local tavernas in the surroundings ( especially I can reconmmed Stamned taverna, Kaliba pub and Local grill ) all 2 minutes walking distance from hotel. And the food is really fantastic!
I can recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for room on hihger floor facing the pool! :)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EllaDv

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
burnham on sea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

stayed in apartments August 2014, excellent service on arrival from Ilyas, the receptionist, his English was excellent and provided good knowledge of places to eat. The apartments was facing the pool on the ground floor, it was small but clean and tidy. Storage space for clothes is limited but the three of us managed. the kitchen area was well equipped.
The air conditioning was cheap at only 5 euros per day.
the remote control for TV was free, just ask at reception.
Although the hotel rules say no reserving of sun beds the majority of people did put towels out but we arrived at the pool around 11.30 each day and had no problems finding a sunbed.
the food and drink at the hotel bar is cheap, matching the local restaurants and bars.
Mythos was only 2.5 euros.
there are two wi fi areas, one at reception and one for the pool area. I could get wi fi from the room balcony, which was great.
There is no entertainment at the hotel but you can use the next door hotel or Planos Bay across the road. We used local bars such as Jolly Roger, which the owner Costa ran very efficiently it was always busy offering pool competitions, sky sports, bingo and a game called open the box, which was very popular with prizes around 100 euro.
The Sunset Boulevard was excellent for lunchtime food, lovely crepes and excellent prices, with sky sports and wi fi, this certainly was my favourite bar
There are lots of local taverna's, which were great value.
I would recommend Menir and Stamnas. The food and service was excellent again the prices were the lowest I've encountered in Greece. There is an excellent Greek dancing night at Stamnas once a week, always book a table in advance to get a good view.
The water park in Tsilivi is attached to Planos Bay Hotel, discount vouchers available in reception. There are a lot of age and height restrictions, which the Rep forgot to mention!
The bigger rides are restricted to children either over 130cm or 140 cm or 12 years of age.
We purchased excursions off local traders rather than the more expensive Thomson excursions.
We visited the ship wreck and blue caves, the ship wreck has been spoilt by graffiti and is very busy with numerous tourists and boats.
The turtle and Keri Keri caves cruise was disappointing, with only one or two turtles but the swimming in the clear blue sea certainly made up for the lack of turtles.
Overall Tsilivi is great, I would re visit Planos Apartments again.

Room Tip: request a room facing the pool on a higher level for excellent views.
5 Thank andy64j
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

just returned from a family holiday to tsilvi and have to say I was really impressed with these apartments.... they are lovely and clean and really quiet on a night time, pool area was nice although the pool was a little cloudy.... we also got discount voucher from reception for the water park and my six year old loved it.......apartments were well equipped with toaster and kettle which was all you really need as the resort has ample restaurants to eat in, would return to tsilvi but I would stay somewhere nearer centre as I felt these apartments were a bit far away from the main resort.

5 Thank Cheryl D
Shifnal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We have just returned from our brilliant holiday! The first time abroad with our children, and we couldn't have picked a better place to stay! Our apartment was spacious, 2 twin beds in one room and a double bed the other, it was cleaned daily. Room 216 facing the pool, which was a little noisy in a morning but you can expect that from a family complex. The pool and reception area were kept clean and tidy, the staff behind the snack bar were funny and helpful. Stamnes Greek restaurant just down the road towards the beach was excellent, fantastic value for money, our meal was around 45 euros with starters, main course and drinks for the 4 of us. The Kaliva pub at the bottom of the road was a great favourite of ours in an evening, the drinks were reasonable and the kids had a blast meeting up with their mates and playing in the play area. Up on the top road were some fantastic tavernas, we have eaten at a different one each night, and not had a bad meal at all. The water park was good for an afternoon out, we went at 2.30pm and got in for half price. The beach is a little pebbly, but if you walk further down towards Tsilivi centre it is lovely and soft shelving sand. Gyroland opposite Popeye's restaurant served delicious food! It has been an absolutely fantastic holiday, the best place we have ever stayed in Tsilivi!! We would highly recommend it and would definitely stay there again (maybe in room 401 with a sea view)!!

6 Thank Michelle I
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed as a family of four in August 2014. These Apartments were poor value for money compared to other Greek Island properties. The positives are the location near the beach and shops, bars and restaurants plus the reception and housekeeping staff who both work very hard. Rooms are a little cramped and beds rock hard. Air conditioning at 35 euros per week was dreadfully ineffective. The food at the bar is average quality and you will be lucky if you receive what you actually order. There are too few sunbeds to accomodate all guests so expect to get up early and the pool is quite small and the water cloudy. We used the Caravel Hotel pool on the beachfront paying 5 euros per day for 2 sunbeds. A lovely pool and beautiful views of the beach and sea. Kaliva pub offers great food near beachfront, Abba travel offer excellent value trips such as turtle spotting and Keri Caves. The Med restaurant is a must as is the Drunk Moon bar. If you are travelling with Thomson make sure you pre book your flight seats well in advance else they will sit you all far apart....we found out the hard way.

2 Thank Brendan A
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I've just returned from a 12 day holiday in the gorgeous resort of Tsivili. We booked with Thomson for our stay on 1st August-12th. They were great throughout the holiday with transfers, booking excursions and Scott the rep was always on hand to help if needed.

My first impression of the area was positive. Zante itself is beautiful and the resort of Tsivili was packed with restaurants, bars and shops- all within serious walking distance from the hotel.

The hotel itself is basic. The bar/reception area has the basics that you need including 2 pool tables (2 euros a game), a computer, comfortable seating and tables. There are books to borrow and even a swap box which is a nice touch. Just outside there is table tennis available, just ask reception for the bats and ball. Just outside reception is the pool.

The pool was big enough and cleaned every night (I was up late enough to see them do it). At times it got too busy with kids on lilos and rings etc. but during lunch time it got less busy and was available for a nice swim. There is a kids section of the pool which is great for youngsters or cooling off after sunbathing.

Sunbeds are available and free of charge. People do reserve beds however, despite signs saying not too. On our last day we were up around 7 and there were already towels out, so get there quickly if you worry. We put our towels out at around half 9 each day and never had an issue getting a decent spot.

I went with a friend and his parents so we had booked a room for 4. We had room 505 which was ground floor and in the smaller of the 2 buildings. My first impression of the room was that it was probably a bit too small for 4. My friends parents had single beds that they had to push together. One of the rooms had doors out onto the balcony which had a nice view of the pool and bar area. The second room include the 'kitchen' and the door to the corridor and the bathroom.

My 3 little issues with the room are as follows:

-The second bedroom had no natural light which I found very claustrophobic. There are only 2 misted windows between the two bedrooms which wasn't enough to let in any light from the door so we had to settle with the harsh white light. It didn't effect me too much, but if you prefer natural light, get dibs on the outside bedroom.
-For a self-catering apartment, it lacked facilities. We ate out every night so didn't use the kitchen once but if you are planning on cooking, ensure that you buy food that is easily cooked- I would recommend pasta etc. as the oven was a microwave type machine and I wouldn't feel safe cooking meat on there. It was also packed into the second bedroom which limited space and my friend and I were woken up early each morning by his parents making a cup of coffee.
-It was so hot! We didn't pay extra for air con as it was a bit on the pricey side. The first few nights were awful, but we eventually got into the habit of putting our sheets in the fridge before we went out for the night, using cold flannels and keeping the back and front door open for a bit to get some air in. As well as this, the air con wasn't even in our room. So if we had paid for it, I don't think we would feel the benefit.

The bathroom was great. A nice modern shower, toilet, sink and space to put things. Perfect. Couldn't have asked for more.

The maid service was also great. They were round every day to clean the whole apartment. They change beds and towels twice a week but can change them on request. They made the beds, cleaned the floors and even tidied (folded clothes and arranged shoes). The stuff that they cleaned the bathroom with smelt a bit funny but you get used to it after a while.

You have to have the key placed in a slot in the room in order to have electric and lights so you aren't able to leave things in the room to charge but this wasn't too much of a problem. We didn't really spend much time in our room, most of it was spent at the pool, beach, out somewhere or out in the evenings. So I would say that the room is convenient but not for spending a lot of your time in.

Overall, I loved the hotel. It just had a lovely atmosphere with lovely staff and very high morale throughout our stay.

Days out and things to do-

There is a water park just behind Planos Bay Hotel, easy walking distance. Because it is owned by the hotel group, we got money off (30%) and it was a really really great day out. You get some food with that also. We also booked a trip to St Nicholas beach with Thomson. For 15 euro you get a coach there and back, sunbeds, parasol, decent lunch and drink and a banana boat ride. This is such good value for money (the banana boat ride alone is usually 19 euros!) and we had a really amazing time out. We also booked the Turtle Island trip and actually saw 2 turtles! This was also an amazing day. You're on the boat all day (9-3) so take loads of sun cream but expect a lovely day with beautiful views of the islands and turtles if you're lucky!

Area-

The area is what made the holiday for me. The locals are AMAZING. Everybody is so polite, welcoming and friendly. They all speak great English. We were warned beforehand not to pay for the horse and cart as they are a bit of a scam so we stayed away from them. The food is delicious and drinks are very cheap. I would recommend Micriacropoli (the Lamb Kleftiko is to DIE for), The Garden Bar for drinks (say hi to Alex!) and The Olive Tree. However, we ate out all 11 nights and everywhere we went was amazing. For 4 people's food and usually 2 rounds of drinks (Mythos, the Greeek beer is great) it was coming to 40-55 euros a hit.The service is Greece is just exceptional- make sure you go and say hi to Ilyos/Illios, a wonderful man who stands outside Georgio's. No doubt he'll beckon you in but he remembered us the whole time and even wrote me a postcard on the day we left. The shops have everything that you need and prices aren't too high at all. Just a really wonderful resort.

Overall, I'd come back here in a heartbeat. I'd recommend this hotel and resort to anyone. Try to book with Thomson as they'll throw you in some great deals and are always on hand to give you information.

Yamas!

8 Thank zoeyrobinson
Bridlington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I, along with our two children (7 & 2) spent 11 days here in July 2014. On the whole we had a very enjoyable holiday. We left on the day that the UK school holidays started, so we were lucky to have a small head start on some of the other families.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed upon arrival as I felt the reception area looked quite dated and the hotel itself looked a little tired in its appearance. We were given a ground floor apartment which was situated down a dark corridor, which was quite cramped due to the kitchenette area (which looks like it was added to a bedroom as an afterthought), this coupled with the fact we had to fit a travel cot in made the whole place quite claustrophobic. Apart from the balcony (which only had 3 chairs), there was nowhere for us to sit and eat together as you might find in many self-accommodation apartments.

We spoke with the hotel about moving into a larger room, but they said all their rooms were the same size. My wife then spoke with the Thomson rep, who was very helpful and arranged for us to swap into a room with 4 single beds that was being vacated. This was situated on the first floor, had a double balcony and felt a lot less oppressive as it wasn’t down the dark corridor. Much better! On the plus side, the apartment was clean and the air conditioning we paid extra for was most welcome (although it was far less effective in the room furthest away).

There was a mix of Brits, Czechs and Russians in the apartments and during the first few days the pool area was relatively quiet but it got steadily busier as the holiday wore on. By the last few days it was occasionally difficult to claim a sunlounger. There is a kids pool with a fence separating it from the main pool, which we found was good for our youngest. The pool did get very murky after a while but was eventually cleaned. There was also a very basic play area with a slide which our youngest also liked. Our 7 year old liked the table tennis and pool, although the equipment wasn’t in the best of states.

The bar/food area was fine and you could get a relatively cheap selection of fried breakfasts/toasties/sandwiches/chips – although the poor woman running the place was run off her feet!

Behind one of the blocks was a small farmyard with hens, turkeys and geese. Our daughter loved it but as we didn’t back onto it, I can’t comment on how noisy it was. We found the apartments were relatively quiet and bar the odd slammed door, we had a peaceful night’s sleep.

The actual location of the apartments was excellent. A very short walk to the beach and about a 5 min walk onto the main strip itself. The hotel across the road had some good evening entertainment and there were plenty of shops, cafes and bar in close proximity. We would recommend walking north along the shoreline to Donkey Beach (next to the marina), as the sea was shallow and there were no rocks – much better for the children.

I would happily go back to the same resort, but whilst I found the accommodation adequate, I’d be tempted to splash out a little bit more for something slightly better.

Room Tip: We were told all of the rooms were the same size, but we managed to swap for a room on the 1st floor...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank EYAds11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tsilivi
Planos Beach Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,182 reviews
Balcony Hotel
Balcony Hotel
#2 of 49 in Tsilivi

Been to Planos Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!