Altura Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Callinica Hotel & Apartments(Tsilivi)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$36
  • Pool
Plaza Pallas Hotel(Tsilivi)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$91
US$110
US$107
  • Pool
Zante Pantheon Hotel(Tsilivi)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$107
Anetis Hotel(Tsilivi)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$58
Planos Beach Hotel(Tsilivi)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$212
US$147
Elvoline
  • Pool
All reviewsair conself cateringslight inclinepool barentertainment teamtv remoteparadise barsmall hillgames roomgreat holidaysister hotelnext yearbar staffclean towels every daybeansfriendly hotelbedroom apartment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Pretty typical Greek 3 star hotel , value for money, very clean , towels changed everyday, friendly staff, food fine, apart from being told there was no 'cold' milk for breakfast cereal as people like it warm' (since when do people like warm milk in cereal apart from porridge ?)

Entertainment minimal, so you need to go into the town which takes only a minute or so, the hill is not as bad as people make out , about 10 yards of it is 'steepish'

A bit crowded around pool, but we always managed to get beds. Overall for the price and your not expecting 4/5 star, I would definitely recommend it. (am a travel agent)

As for the previous comment regarding no room from 10 am until 6 am flight, that is standard procedure on any package holiday, which is why when you have young children, never book this kind of flight time !! You always have to vacate in the morning unless you pay to keep the room on if they have space. You've booked 7 nights not 8.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I booked a last minuet holiday to the mavrikos thought it was a bargain. First few days was great. Room was cleaned everyday staff was friendly but as the holiday progressed it was so pleasant. I expected it to be busy as it was august but I couldn't get a sunbed that me and my partner and daughter could sit together or anywhere for pushchair to go and when I asked reception staff the reply was 'get to the pool earlier' also the rule about if you leave your towel for over half hour you will lose your sunbeds well try to fed a 1 year old in half hour is a job on it's own!
Bar staff was great price was reasonable if you spend £30 £50 £75 you get free drinks.
I thought there would be more entertainment of a evening. Their was always something on between 9/10pm then a soon as 11pm came the all inclusive would go out and there would be around 5/7 people in the bar area. Having a baby we didn't want to be staying out late but a soon as the games would end the bar would be dead and quit boring. If it wasn't for Steve there probably be no one at the bar.

Coming up to the last few days I noticed the apartment wasn't getting cleaned like the first few days. The towels had stains and had to go to reception a few time to get new ones. Also there was only 1 iron so we had to go get it every time we needed it then take it back which was a ball ache trying to get ready with a baby. My daughter had a accident on the sheets so I told the cleaner when she came round and she said that's fine I'll changed it ect well the next morning when I woke up I noticed that the dirty sheet from my daughter cot was on my bed!! Which make me think did the sheets get changed at all.

Our flights was Friday morning at 6am the coach picked us up at 1.45 am we had to check out of our rooms at 10am Thursday morning! I think this is total unacceptable not only for me with a family but for anybody who has to wait around for almost 16 hours to be picked up. The hotel should accommodate you for the 7days you pay for. The next flight came in at 4.20pm. on a day to day bases the cleaners never came round to my room until after 1pm anyway so why the rush for 10am.

All my problems aside it is a lovely little hotel free wifi child, play area, games room, descent size room and great catering staff. I would go back but most likely start of season when it's less busy

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Katelil
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was a little worried about this hotel as there were a wide range of reviews to choose from. It took me a day or two to decide that this was indeed an excellent choice for the type of holiday we wanted i.e. a relaxing week with a 12 year old boy and two 15 year old girls, all fussy eaters and used to far more expensive hotels.

We had two twin studio apartments which actually are the two bed apartments just with a lockable door between them. They were pretty small by most standards but cleaned daily with a decent sized balcony and rudimentary cooking implements. One room was a twin but the other was a double, the double being the larger room in the two be apartment format. The layout of the hotel is such that you could end up with a variety of views and floors looking out over peaceful landscape areas or the main or little pool area. Noise levels at the location are fairly minimal with probably only the main pool are being a concern as the bar doesn't shut until usually 2am.

There are two pool areas with the main pool obviously being the most popular. In a courtyard behind the restaurant there is also a plunge pool with a dozen or so sunbeds. We didn't have a problem getting 4 sunbeds together at any point but if you want to get the sunnier ones it's best to get there 9ish and get that towel down.

Much has been said about the welcome and staff. There are a large number of UK staff who have probably seen it all before so don't take poor behaviour lightly. They are friendly enough and the nicer you are to them, the nicer they are to you which seems fair. All the local staff were equally helpful and pleasant. We were welcomed with a drink and a smile and couldn't complain about the service at all.

The food was more than adequate under the fully inclusive package. Lots of local dishes, a special Greek Night every Sunday and snacks throughout the day. There were plenty of children's options on offer. The pool bar also runs a breakfast and snack menu.

Evening entertainment ranged from race nights to quizes and bingo. All good fun and usually featuring Welsh Steve who is certainly one of the features. Inclusive drinks included water, local fizzy drinks, wine, beer and spirits all of which were very drinkable. All inclusive stops at 11 so expect to pay €5 for a spirit and mixer or €3 for a pint after that.

The location was perfect. Lovely and quiet but only a 2 minute walk and you hit the first of Tsilivi's bars and restaurants. The dreaded hill that people speak of is really not that much for all but the very infirm. It gets quite steep for about 20 feet but it certainly shouldn't deter anyone. Other things to note: For our "all inclusive" package the room safe was €15 per week and aircon €35 for one or €65 for two bed apartments per week

Our inclusive package was cheap enough that it was well worth heading into town for a couple of dinners and lunches. In our experience most restaurants will give you a 10-15% discount if you ask. The beach is a 10 minute walk but to be honest unless you can't do with out it the pool is a better option or give the water park or one of the "public" pools a go. The beach itself is long but quite narrow but busy and you pay around €12 for 2 sunbeds.

In conclusion, if you're after a relatively cheap holiday in Greece this hotel offers pretty much all you could want. You get what you pay for and a little bit more so no complaints from me!

Room Tip: Try and get an outward looking room but not facing the pool. I would avoid the ground floor but the definition of ground floor changes as the hotel is built into a hill!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LargePinotPlease
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotek Mavrikos is a nice place, nothing too fancy, pretty basic accommodation but good service, clean rooms and tsilivi is a lovely part of the world. We were self catered and I must admit the facilities weren't really up to scratch - only a hob and a microwave - and the supermarkets were pretty confusing. The restaurant at the hotel is fairly awful - terrible choice for veggies, expensive and not very nice. But overall it really is a fun place to be, a good atmosphere, lovely pool and a good bar.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

stayed at Mavrikos in June we also stayed there the last three years staff very friendly and helpful Jackie steve jean made us feel at home no need to go all inclusive great places to eat out cant wait to go back next year

Room Tip: ask for room you would like to stay in if available they will try to accomadate you
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple