“Good food. Lovely setting.”
Review of Cavo Barbaro

Cavo Barbaro
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Avlaki
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Kids, View, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set on the only road through Avlaki opposite the beach
Luton, United Kingdom
“Good food. Lovely setting.”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

When we ventured here it was very busy but they soon found a table to squeeze us in. Later arrivals weren’t so lucky and had to wait.

The food was very good and reasonably priced. The service was also very good. Nice views across Avlaki Bay towards Albania.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great view, great service”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

There are two restaurants on Avlaki beach and both are excellent. Cavo Barbaro is perhaps the more relaxed of the two - but it has an extensive and interesting menu plus chef's specials including, of course, catch of the day. The view is, of course, of the beach and Avlaki bay with the Corfioy headlands to the right and left and Albania across the sea, just a mile or so away. A busy waterway means that there are always boats, yachts and cruisers to watch.
Cavo Barbaro has friendly and prompt service - our family of five shared some starters (including crab cakes and wonderful crab cakes), had main meals including a chef's special pork in orange and the catch of the day red snapper and the billl including aperitifs, wine and soft drinks was about €120. Lovely.

Corfu, Greece
“It used to be much better...”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have been to this restaurant many times and liked it even though the prices are on the higher side. This time I was really disappointed. The kalamari were not the best, the octopus in vinegar was bellow average and for 9 euros only 5 little pieces with lots of onion. Moussaka and stuffed peppers were ok but nothing I would ever order again.

The service was rather slow and the waiters not terribly friendly. I really hope it was not their good day but I will be thinking about it twice before I return...

1 Thank teliakaipavla
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best meal of the holiday!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We hired a boat for the day and were exploring the local bays. We arrived in Avlaki bay at lunchtime quite by chance. We moored at a jetty which happened to be outside Cavo Barbaro. I had a quick look at the menu and when we decided to go in and eat there, we received approving nods from the locals. We had a table facing the sea, but there were tables beneath the trees on a lovely lawned area. It is a very attractive taverna with nice quality tables and chairs. I had a delicious beetroot and natural yoghurt salad to start. Is was a meal in itself. For my main meal I had red snapper. It was a huge and perfectly cooked specimen, which caught the eye of other customers as it was brought out to me. I felt very special having such a glorious meal presented to me. It was absolutely delicious. My children were equally delighted with their chicken fillets, a lovely, freshly prepared alternative to naff chicken nuggets at other local restaurants. Really superb!

Visited August 2014
York, United Kingdom
“Lovely traditional setting and good home cooked food”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Traditional looking restaurant, just what you would expect in corfu, good, solid corfu menu, with local and not nothing out landish on the menu, just good Greek food, highly recommend most on the menu, and the waiting staff are really friendly without being over bearing