AfroChic Diani
Afrika Pearl & Spa(Diani Beach)
US$108
US$169
US$142
US$140
  • Breakfast included
The Sands at Nomad(Diani Beach)
US$148
US$138
Agoda.com
Jacaranda Indian Ocean Beach Resort(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$126
  • Pool
Blue Marlin Beach Hotel(Diani Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$97
Priceline
US$1,157
Waterlovers Beach Resort(Diani Beach)
US$335
All reviewsan extensive menuturtle hatcherybuilding nestsfantastic boutique hotelshort flighttwo young boysbeach boyscold towelsthe pool and beach areastaff were exceptionalsmall hoteljunior suitehotel stayhome away from homemeal timesheaven on earththe general manager
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We had an amazing time in Afrochic Diani. The service was excellent, in fact the best that we've experienced in Africa so far. They had us from the moment we landed in Ukunda airport, where we were greeted with lavender-scented towels and a bottle of water by our smiling driver. The moment we arrived at the gate with the most amazing guard, to the time we stepped in and received a briefing from Ziphora at the reception (with Spumanti!), who said to my honey, "take off your watch sir, you don't need it here" we knew that this was a special place with attention to details.

We stayed in Kaskazi room, which we loved but hardly used because the lull of the pool, the beach beds and the sound of sea were such stiff competition. We stayed for four nights (the last night was free!) and it seemed like an eternity.

There are many things to love about Afrochic, but our favorite times were mealtimes, which we could decide in our own convenience. The only dilemma we had was deciding what to eat for each meal, because everytime we sample something from the chef's kitchen, we want to have a repeat of everything we ate - the beef and tuna carpaccio, seafood platter, the pasta, the catch of the day - all were extra delicious. We requested for lobster and oysters and we got them! Three of four kilograms gained after four days, but we're not complaining, we're happy campers.

Keep up the great work - lovely men and women behind Afrochic. We will truly come back again.

Cheers,

WK and LR

Room Tip: Get the seaview room! Kaskazi was great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vagabondinafrica
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I love this hotel.

It was my first time travelling alone and I have to say, AfroChic will be an annual event for me. Staff are genuinely friendly, the rooms are beautiful and above all clean. I love the fact that I get my own DSTV decoder :-). And even though it rained a few of the days, it never felt dull. I am used to large hotel buffets and so an al a carte menu was a refreshing change and made my dining experience exciting at every meal.
I stayed during the low low season and that works for me.
I would recommend this to anyone who just want a low key, high relaxation holiday.
Thanks to all the staff who made my stay oh so special.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Soni N
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful pre honeymoon here. the place is just lovely decoration wise. the service is superb and the rooms are so nice that that even the rainy season is a good time to stay there. we loved it!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Jatanu69
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I didn't realize until I arrived how small the hotel is - about 12 rooms, and I loved it. It is THE way to end a safari.... lots of relax time in the pool, the swinging beds by the sea, or pool. Be warned though, you are likely to gain 2 kilos..... the all inclusive meals are lovely, and it is hard not to 'try ' everything on the menu :)

2 nights flew by, even though we didn't leave the immediate area, we appreciated being 'cared' for, the great food, and doing nothing! There are excursions which can be arranged - but we were happy relaxing. Love the fact it is a 5-10 min ride to the airport!

i was very touched by the front desk manager who gave me a big hug upon leaving!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Service_Sommelier
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We were in AfroChic during New Years. Friendly staff, felt like home. Nice beaches but beware of the sea urchins in the water and a few locals who tried to sell you items. Rooms were nice, however the wifi was a tad slow.

Staff were very personal and friendly and by the end we felt very comforatble there. The 'sacred' forest trip is NOT worth it, waste of time and the scuba diving is expensive for what we got but still nice.

The pool at the resort however was not clean and resulted in me getting an ear infection where I was taken to the local hospital. The warm climate with stagnant water is a breeding ground for disease, so beware!

But other than that we had a lovely stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
ElewanaCollection, Owner at AfroChic Diani, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Sir

Firstly may I thank you for your review of AfroChic Diani Beach hotel. I am pleased to hear that you and your parents had an enjoyable time with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

I was somewhat disappointed to read your claims that the swimming pool contained 'stagnant' water and was therefore the cause of your ear infection. We take such claims made against our health and safety very seriously indeed, and I hope my detailed response will both demonstrate that fact as well as show that our pool was unlikely to have been the cause of your ailment.

For the benefit of our readers, I have tried to make contact with you before publicly responding but as yet I have not received a reply.

As you will probably remember, AfroChic's swimming pool has a large waterfall feature that, along with in and outflow jets, keeps the water within the pool moving constantly. Thousands of gallons of water are circulated via these pumps and flow jets during the day, with the total amount of water circulated in excess of three times the amount of water in the pool. Stagnancy is therefore not a reality.

In addition to this constant circulation, the swimming pool has regular checks performed on it as part of our operational procedure, to ensure that the filters and the 'ph' value are both correct and that the right amount of chemicals are within the water to provide a clean and safe environment for all our guests.

We have never had any complaints regarding either the quality or cleanliness of our pool and certainly never any reports of ear infections caused by swimming in our pool either before, during or after your stay.

We very much hope that your ear infection did not cause you too much discomfort.

Should you or your parents wish to contact me regarding this review and my response then I would only be too happy to hear from you.

With best regards,