“Fantastic snorkelling trip”

Pilli Pipa Dhow Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Pilli Pipa has being running dhow safaris since 1989. It is a small family owned company run by Selina and Harm Lutjeboer. Limited numbers and a safe, personal and professional service to its guests. Taking our guests into the pristine and preserved Kisite Marine National Park, aboard our traditional Arab sailing dhows, guests have the chance to interact and observe in small group sizes about 250 recorded fish species, 70 resident dolphins and over 140 catalogued individuals sea turtles. Snorkel with qualified marine guides who will teach and guide you along the reef whether you are a complete beginner or experienced snorkeler. Alternatively we offer world class scuba diving in and around the famous Kisite Marine Park, with PADI and NAUI accredited dive masters and instructors. Diving ranges from introductory "fun dives" in the shallows of the marine park, all the way to advanced drift dives in a number of secret and exclusive with the opportunity to dive with pelagic species.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

A little more expensive than some trips we were offered, but local knowledge suggested the extra cost was worth it. And we certainly had no complaints. A well run trip with enthusiastic staff all the way. Everyone's needs were catered for throughout. Pilli Pipa also have their own private area in a beautiful setting where they serve a delicious seafood lunch. A fantastic day out!

1  Thank AYMA1985
There are newer reviews for Pilli Pipa Dhow Safari

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Following recommendations, we joined Pilli Pipa for a day at the Kisite National Marine Park and it was great! The owner was very helpful (as we called him last minute for the next day) and we could go for two very good dives, departing from Shimoni! Also, as we had to leave before the lunch usually planned on the islands, they took us back on time to Shimoni - quite nice and flexible!

Kisite waters are nicely transparent and turquoise.. nice fishes and corals!

Outside waters, the dhow was very comfy - full service (drinks, some finger food, ..), very nice divers and captain! Thanks again for such great day!

1  Thank StephGBrussels
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Loved the dolphins, turtles, rays, starfish, octopus, thousands of fish, coral
Adored the fresh crab lunch with traditional singing
Hated the sea sickness( which I got over in the water)

Reviewed 31 October 2013

What an amazing, amazing trip from start to finish! My boyfriend and I decided on this trip after getting in touch with the company via Facebook before we had left the UK after we had read so many wonderful things about them. I was slightly nervous about diving and initially considered just going along for the boat trip but the staff were so knowledgeable and professional I was very quickly put at ease and decided to do a snorkel and a dive.

For the dive, we had the most amazing dive master! It was just my boyfriend and I with the dive master for the full dive. Before we left the boat he gave us all the equipment and showed us the basics. He knew everything about the equipment (which was fab, lovely and clean/ new ) and made me feel so safe and reassured. The waters were amazing, beautifully clear and teaming with colourful corals and a huge variety of marine life . We had a good 40 mins under the water, the dive master knew sea like the back of his hand, and took us to see the best corals .I felt extremely well looked after at all times.

The scuba dive afterwards was just as good, we moved onto a different site were the coral was shallower so we could have a good look. We were even lucky enough to see a turtle! On the way to lunch a school of dolphins escorted us along the way.

Then onto lunch!! The hospitality was second to none, the food was outstanding and everyone was catered for. I wouldn't do the surroundings or the atmosphere justice trying to explain, you have to experience this for yourself.

An amazing, family run excursion. We both had a fantastic time, if you are thinking about diving/ snorkelling or even just a boat trip this is definitely the place!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Si i didn't know that you can actually swim - with WILD dolphins in Kenya! Kenya my country never ceases to amaze me.... No Artificial flavors or additives, This Excursion is ....-Just the way God made It!!!